Wmc 15/16: We are finally at the END! BYE BYRON!!!

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by puffyusaf#2, Jun 21, 2015.

1. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

2. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

...silver linings

raviator, Cookie, therealdeal and 4 others like this.
  3. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

Hilbert is 7'2" and played almost 30 minutes. He had 5 rebounds.

sirronstuff likes this.
  4. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    Even when we suck we are breaking records

raviator, Cookie, alam1108 and 3 others like this.
  5. Azndude2190

Azndude2190 - Lakers 6th Man -

We are 1 game behind the Sixers for worst record in the league.

Yikes:sick:

6. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

John Ireland and Max Kellerman had the nerve to say they were worried we'd start winning games and spoil the tank. They argued the Suns are worse and the Lakers are improving.

Really?

7. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

Wow, so Ireland is openly pro-tank right now? I get that Max is - he's a smart guy and he's not paid by the Lakers. But for the mouthpiece to come out and say or agree with that is kind of crazy. I didn't expect that. Just confirms what we've thought for a long time now, they might have come out of the gates with some hopes of a respectable season but once it was clear that we weren't going to win much the FO threw in the towel and wanted to keep the pick. Like you said, that's why they aren't firing Byron no matter how terrible he is. It doesn't look good to do it before Kobe's gone and on top of it, at this point his horrid coaching is helping them achieve their aim of staying in the bottom with a chance to maintain that draft pick.

My only hope is that there isn't some incentive in this somehow, like they are going to reward Byron for the tanking and let him finish out the coming last season of his contract (or worse, pick him up for a fourth year).

ElginTheGreat and therealdeal like this.
  8. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Wow. What you wrote is frightening to me. I mean it seems to make sense because it's just not possible that someone who played in the NBA with a decade of championship level Lakers basketball on the floor, and has coached for years in this league.... could actually be THIS BAD and apparently CLUELESS. Sure he could be stubborn, pig headed, way behind the times in his coaching approach and a total A-HOLE in the way he interacts with his team and players ..... but this bad??? Unless he is for 2 years running now guiding a "stealth tank". Occam's razor, right?

Conversely none of us nor the organization had to be thinking "TANK" at the beginning of the year with Summer League after being wildly successful in securing the 2nd pick last draft and having Kobe back and having Julius back, and with what seemed like great pickups from Mitch of Hibbert, Bass and Williams. Plus Tarik Black who was so promising last season and Metta in great shape back on the team to be a player and personal development coach for Julius.

But after the trickle down coaching was on display yet again in Summer League and in the pre-season games (where NO sensible rotations were yet determined going into the opening of the season) and just 2 games in with the absolute debacle of Bass and Kelly playing as reserves on the front line against Sacramento's big, tough front line and that blowout ..... it was enough already for Doc to go off with his epic blast that was so on point as to how bad Scott is, that it was forwarded to the FO and a couple local media types. He really DOES suck that hard. Occam's razor, right?

http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/teams/Los_Angeles_Lakers/13/Schedule

Intellectually that is a tough one. What would Occam himself make of the situation?

But what's frightening is at this point, yeah, besides totally jerking with all the young guys' heads in his I'm-going-to-break-you-down-and-"mold"-you bulls*** drill sergeant manner and game he plays ..... that's all that's left now of this once very hopeful season. A f****** tank again. And if the front office is condoning it then they have to see Boron as falling on a grenade for the good of the team and may very well bring him back next year. Especially if we keep the pick. That would be spun behind closed doors (?) as finally he has a team he can compete with and deserves the chance with his 3rd and last season for having been a loyal soldier.

THE HORROR.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
  9. lakersyunowin

lakersyunowin - Lakers 6th Man -

but no playbook.

ElginTheGreat likes this.
  10. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

OMG :Kobe Snickering: :Headbang:

11. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
    Byron Scott said in the postgame press conference that Larry when he gets his rhythm back will be back into the starting lineup and Julius will come off the bench.

Julius' confidence and swagger is back, playing much better, and your going to give him less minutes when Larry moves back into the starting lineup. WTF

SMH....

12. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

That's absurd.

13. Lakers2015

Lakers2015 - Lakers Starter -

Why Byron why?

Why do you have to be such a clueless f***ing moron?

Julius is playing well again and it's clear he's so much better as a starter and yet you wanna bench him again?

What the f*** is wrong with you dude? Why do you have to be such an incompetent clown? Let him play man.

What the hell does he have to do? He's clearly earned his starting spot back and so has D'Angelo for that matter and yet they continue to be on the bench. Absolutely ridiculous.

LTLakerFan and lakerjones like this.
  14. therealdeal

What bugs me most about this is that Julius has shown such great growth lately. He's been better defensively, made better decisions offensively, and is even boxing out more. I just don't understand why you would take him out? He's doing what you told him to! Why would you then punish him and put him on the bench? It doesn't make any sense...

LTLakerFan and lakerjones like this.
  15. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

b0ron is always right
    [​IMG]

16. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    Proof that coaching DOES MATTER in the NBA

lakerjones likes this.
  17. Juronimo

Juronimo - Lakers Starter -

plays with one's and zero's
    I used to WMC about missing games back when we were good. I didn't even know there was a game on last night and I'm feeling like meh.

I'm tired of watching a game and end up being pissed off afterwards. I watch Laker games to escape, not to end up more stressed out.

I guess you can say I'm at the limit, when it comes to watching every game. I just don't think my sanity can handle watching this garbage for much longer.

18. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

Byron's moves only make sense if you are trying to tank. There's no other rationale to penalize the young guys for doing what they are supposed to do. It's like oops, they are playing too well, might win us some games. Yank. Don't forget Mitch said he was fine with how Byron was (mis)using the rookies with the limited minutes and benching.

19. therealdeal

Yep. This is an obvious attempt to lose games and I don't know when it will end honestly. How are guys supposed to want to come here when they can barely tell what the young guys have? They don't play enough to even tell if they're going to be great or not.

lakerjones likes this.
  20. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

I'm at the point where I have very very low expectations for this off season and I honestly feel like I will be disappointed.

Byron and this FO has effectively ruined the once glorious Laker name, they have turned it to s***.

Juronimo likes this.