Why Your Name?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Jaguar, Jun 29, 2018.

1. KB24

KB24 Administrator Staff Member

Certified Tax Advisor
    When I first joined CL my name was kb8@cl.

At some point after I became admin I checked who had KB24 since Kobe had changed number and found out that this was an account created by someone but never actually used. So I dropped my @CL and changed my name to 24 to just have KB24 without colliding with any actual cl member.

The reason is pretty obvious I assume as I'm a huge Kobe fan and still think he is the most fun player to watch.

2. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
    same, haha

Jaguar likes this.
  3. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
    I chose my username way back in the day, which is also my gamertag on Xbox, because of some personal stuff I've overcome in my life in regards to loved ones passing away in how its made me stronger inside and I can handle more because of it (I think of it as a blessing in the grand scheme). I'm basically 'Battle Tested' because of those things. I also liked 'Battle Tested' because during those times the Lakers were going through the gauntlet of trying to win continuously and they themselves were Battle Tested.

Lastly this song, which I heard over this Kobe highlight mix on YouTube around the same time references "Battle Tested" and I liked that because it reminded me of Kobe and how he was battle tested as well (as soon in this video below). Dealing with all the haters and scrutiny in the media. Him against the world, but he'd never stop working, improving.

The number 20 is my favorite number, I just like how it looks so I added that to the end. My lucky number is 7 though (Fun Fact).

The avatar I chose because it was part of the homepage art work on Kobe's official personal website when it first came out. Around the time he switched jerseys and I loved it. Its hard to tell depending on the background you have but Kobe's jersey the back of it (with 24) is slightly readable (transparent) if you look closely. So I'm a Lakers fan first and foremost, which is why Lakers (in a cool font) is most clearly visible. But then Kobe's jersey is just faded into the background which I think sums everything up and represents my love of this team and favorite player perfectly.

Bonus:

I've messed with different signature photos off and on while at CL. But have decided to stick with Dr. Jerry Buss for the foreseeable future because without him none of this would be possible. He was always about winning and that smile of his is just awesome. I'm also a big quotes guy, I haven't updated it in a while but if you click on my Profile - Information Tab, you'll see some of the quotes or verses that I enjoy.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
    sirronstuff, Weezy, Jaguar and 2 others like this.
  4. raviator

raviator - Rookie -

Mine is just a combination of my wife’s and my high school mascots. She was the Ravens and I was the Gladiators. Being from opposite ends of the country I wanted to combine something from where we were from into a unique name.

5. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    well, mine is pretty boring. Basically I love drugs, and I'm a guy, so pretty much every day I'm a sir on "stuff" (Bonus R because I really love reefer)

Or maybe because it was my first username on ebay, and Norris spelled backwards is sirron, and I was selling stuff. My Uncle once had to do a project, and he made up some BS last minute about Sirronese art, and I thought it was hilarious, so it stuck in the back of my mind.

My avi is the Most Interesting Man in the World but with with Kobe's photoshoot head covering, and DLO's shaved eyebrow. I'm considering updating it soon, but unsure what to go with. Whenever you guys switch pics like Kenzo did recently, it's a bit of an adjustment period. It might throw those people off who automatically skip my posts, and upset their day lol

***and just say no to drugs***

Punk-101, revgen, Jaguar and 3 others like this.
  6. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

...kudos on this "stream of consciousness" post. Enjoyment and befuddlement all in one read. :)

7. sirronstuff

And updated the avi. We'll see how long it sticks. If Queen James isn't a total douche, I may change it. But for now, I root for the Lakers and just don't like him. Crappy combination.

8. wallangong

wallangong - Lakers 6th Man -

when I was a freshman in college back in 2004, I considered studying abroad in Wollongong, Australia. It was around that time i found Clublakers and that was just the first word that popped into my head when creating an account. It wasn't long until I realized that I spelled it wrong, but I decided to keep the bad spelling when making the shift to LB. So basically my name is a random, misspelled word.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
  9. Jaguar

Jaguar - Lakers 6th Man -

The term “billabong” always comes to my mind whenever I see you post. Wore some of that years ago.

10. sirronstuff

That’s awesome :Laugh:

11. Drewan

Drewan - Rookie -

Drewan -> Andrew.

You got it. That's my name.

sirronstuff likes this.
  12. sirronstuff

My two favorite people associated with the Lakers in the entire history of the franchise are:

Ron Artest (Metta World Peace)

:Crazyartest:

And Stu Lance

[​IMG]

By combining the first names of both, I came up with RonStu

Other names under consideration were;

NickChick
    SwaggyHearn
    KwamayMadsen
    And ...

BrownMark

But that reminded me of skid marked underwear. So I stuck with RonStu.

:Magicwink:

Punk-101 likes this.
  13. Alcindor

Alcindor - Lakers Starter -

Barbara Alcindor. She was the lead singer of French Affair, a German-French pop-dance band had a few hits in Europe, (La Di Da Da & and "Comme ci comme ça")

Naw not really, it was from Kareem.

14. John3:16

John3:16 Moderator Staff Member

CEO - Big Baller Brand
    My name is John and I was born on March 16th. Duh.

KareemtheGreat33 and sirronstuff like this.
  15. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

KareemtheGreat33 and John3:16 like this.
  16. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    Because I love Magic

sirronstuff and TIME like this.
  17. Helljumper

Helljumper - Lakers All Star -

Student
    Started off on CL as SoCalFan8 and then CaliFan8. Had someone make me a signature that incorporated the Angels and Raiders. I was like 12 and first getting into sports. After some time passed, I realized I didn’t really care about the Angels or Raiders the way I did the Lakers so felt a name change was in order. Also wanted to distance myself from some of the idiotic posts I had made with those original names. Mainly pipe dream trade combinations I’d come up with in the Trade Machine and try to convince people it made sense.

Around that time I was really into gaming, Halo specifically. There is a group of soldiers in there called “Helljumpers” and I just thought the name sounded cool so I went with that.

Ended up never even playing the spin off game that focused on the Helljumpers (ODST).

Had someone on the forum make me an avatar/signature combo with Lamar on it because he was one of my favorite players at the time and have been too lazy to change since then.

sirronstuff likes this.