When An L Is Not An L

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by southbaylakers72, Oct 31, 2014.

1. southbaylakers72

southbaylakers72 - Rookie -

tonight the role players played much better.

hill hitting shots. Lin playing aggressive. Ellington looked good. Wes sucked. Kobe only had to score 2x in second half and lakers were in the lead.

Could the loss of randle actually have worked to settle down the team and allow them to feel their moments and solidify rotations?

Loss was due to failure to stop Crawford but lakers shut down cp3 courtesy of lin and price which is a look that lakers haven't had in a while. Defense at guard position.

Sure it's still a loss, but anyone else happy with this one?

Juronimo, thkthebest and lakerjones like this.
  2. Barnstable

Barnstable Supreme Fuzzler of Lakersball.com Staff Member

We're going to have lots of moral victories this season... might as well accept it I guess

3. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

No the refs sucked donkey bleeps. WTF was with those ticky tacks or not even fouls called on us late in the game....3 of them, and Lin gets bodied out of the air to the floor on a layup no call.

Yes see your point though. Kobie couldn't hit shots down the stretch. I do think Lin is looking him off a bit too much after he has banged and worked to get to some spots. Then again Hill was knocking them down. Randle is HUGELY missed.... what a terrible blow for the team.

4. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

This was a hard fought loss, and I can deal with that. We are still outmatched but other than a crap first quarter and the end of the game we outplayed them. Tighten those two things up i.e. don't go down by 15 every first quarter, and play better than your opponent at the end and we'll see some victories.

So much of a better effort than the first two games. I feel very good about it. Lin playing so aggressive was outstanding to see. Jordan Hill was the straight up hero of the game, though. Unbelievable shooting from him. Never thought I'd say that! That's not usually his game as much as the hustle and put backs, but wow, he knocked 'em down from everywhere tonight.

Have to agree though Wes still has me scratching my head a great deal of the time. Not how you want to feel about your starting SF.

5. Kasumi

Kasumi Lakers Girl Staff Member

Coffee
    I do feel good about tonight's game, there is definitely progress being made game-to-game. And no one left with an injury.

lakerjones likes this.
  6. Barnstable

Barnstable Supreme Fuzzler of Lakersball.com Staff Member

And maybe the biggest win of them all

therealdeal likes this.
  7. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Usually I'd say an L is always an L, but I'm just happy we didn't get blown out on national tv again, so I'll take it. It was also great to not be run out of our own building by the Clippers again. That is always hard to stomach, because they're a-holes and like running up the score on us if they can.

8. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    We'll try to do that (ran the score) 3 years from now when we have a better team than those jokers.

therealdeal likes this.
  9. thkthebest

thkthebest Administrator Staff Member

We played a decent game. We sucked that first quarter, but at least, they were playing differently. Things started to click, and we even did a good job on CP3, who usually destroys us.

I don't expect Hill to shoot like that consistently, but if he does, then awesome! Kobe was great for most of the game. He was missing some shots that he normally makes in that fourth quarter. Lin was also awesome, and he really got robbed on that drive that hurt us in 3 different ways. I'm glad he decided to just play his game.

The worst part is that we should have won that game, but the refs ruined it. Refs should have minimal impact on a game, and the fact that they decided the winner of the game with their terrible/missed calls really pisses me off.

10. trodgers

trodgers Administrator Staff Member

Professor of Humanities
    Not because it's a loss but because of how things went down. We fought, and I like that. But most telling was the FT parade by the Clippers in the 4th. That was absurd, and even if it's not a conspiracy, the refs were rewarding them for BS.

Perdurabo, therealdeal and lakerjones like this.
  11. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

Wish there was an added rule where coaches can challenge calls cause that was complete BS.

Barnstable and lakerjones like this.
  12. KobeAnd8

KobeAnd8 Guest

I would say we mainly lost because of the BS calls made by the refs. Also, I think we would've won if Julius Randle was playing instead of Robert Sacre. There was a stretch where Sacre was complete fail. All that being said, I loved how the team competed tonight. There's a lot of things we still need to get better at but we took a good step.

13. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

All I ask is consistency. If you're going to give Crawford free throw after free throw for going in the lane and getting minor contact then how the F*** does Lin get hammered by Jordan and not get a call?

Because Rivers, Paul, Griffin, and Jordan spent all game long b****ing about calls until they started getting them down the stretch. Ridiculous. The refs ought to be ashamed. I'm not going to call it a conspiracy against us, I'm just going to call it incompetence.

14. southbaylakers72

Chief of PAC12 referee resigned for less.

15. Perdurabo

Perdurabo - Rookie -

That was my gripe too. We were right there all game long, and a call or two, or bounce or two away from the win.

This is reminding me of 04-05 all over again. I hope Kob doesn't overstretch and get hurt.

16. SFGOLDRUSHER

SFGOLDRUSHER - Lakers Starter -

Master Optimist.
    Hope it wasnt our NBA finals last night and that woke them up, even with the talent we were down with to make the team think were really not that far off. Last time I checked we have a boatload of cap space next year and even more following year.

17. southbaylakers72

Lakers are on the rise. Played clips tight despite the refs. Clips are a good team. liked the fact that the lakers were either green lighted by or ignoring scott with 3'ball