What Are You Watching?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by GNC, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

C'mon now man... i can't watch tv shows 24/7 ;-)
    Can't you guys hate on a show for a change ;-)

sirronstuff and Barnstable like this.
  2. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    Watched the first season of OA on Netflix, but thought the pace was slow. I will probably watch a second season premier, but it will have to grab my attention. Surprised so many really liked it.

Taking on Vikings season 3 right now. Finished Luke Cage season 1 recently, good stuff.

No way I start a great show with 10 seasons lol. Because I ain't no quitter! And I will conquer it faster than I should.

Barnstable likes this.
  3. Helljumper

Helljumper - Lakers All Star -

Student
    I watched the first episode of the OA. I'm not entirely sure what I watched, but I think I liked it. I don't know what the plot really is or where it's going, but there are a few lines sprinkles throughout the pilot that are pretty thought provoking. I feel like the show is going to dive into a lot of philosophical stuff that makes the viewer think about their consciousness and death, which is really the aspect of Westworld that I enjoyed the most. Looking forward to it, probably gonna check out the second episode tonight.

A Series of Unfortunate Events was awesome! I read the books as a kid, so I really don't remember too much. I feel like the show handled a few plot points differently, but overall the tone of the show matches what I remember from the books perfectly. I can't wait for the next season. Speaking of which, I'm curious how they'll handle multiple seasons since the kids will grow in between seasons. In particular, I felt like they got Sunny down perfectly. Being an infant who can't talk is like the essence of her character.

Barnstable and John3:16 like this.
  4. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
    Stick with the OA for at least the first 4-5 episodes

Kenzo and Barnstable like this.
  5. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

Almost done with The Exorcist, another wicked story. It looks, like producers are done with making bad shows lately ;)
    Let's hope they can keep it up.

Barnstable likes this.
  6. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

My wife is on bed rest so I was at home taking care of her. We bulldozed through Lemony Snicket. It was really fun. I definitely felt a bit of Burton, but it had some Wes Anderson notes as well.

I'm 8 episodes into Sneaky Pete. (about to finish it right now) I'm surprised no one is talking about that in this thread (that I saw). Very solid confidence man (con-man) show.

therealdeal likes this.
  7. raviator

raviator - Rookie -

Gotta wait eight more months until this comes out?! Cruel, so cruel. Looks like something big is coming though.

8. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

I watched the OA on Netflix over a period of 2 days. Loved it, couldn't stop watching, it did start slow, but the mystery had me gripped. I'm so glad so many tv shows like this are getting made these days, storytellers getting to tell their stories and not worry about ratings. I also enjoy how these topics are being explored a lot in media these days, because I don't think the mysteries of consciousness and NDE's and paranormal stuff is discussed enough because society is closed minded and if you talk about this stuff you're "crazy", but that seems to be slowly changing.

Also finally got into Westworld, got to episode 8 and my file was corrupted so I have to download another copy. Episode 7 was crazy though, another fantastic show. So in the meantime I finally started Stranger Things, watched the first 3 episodes last night, didn't want to stop but I had to sleep. This is really a golden age for tv fans.

9. John3:16

John3:16 Moderator Staff Member

CEO - Big Baller Brand

It really is and I've been asking myself when it started. I think the DVD, streaming, and Netflix/ Amazon have a lot to do with it.

24, LOST, and The Shield were my earliest memories of binging on a series. I rarely watch a shown and wait a week for the next episode. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing, but for me, binging is my go to option.

Battle Tested20, Barnstable and Weezy like this.
  10. Barnstable

Barnstable Supreme Fuzzler of Lakersball.com Staff Member

I just binged The Santa Clarita Diet on Netflix yesterday. Most certainly worth watching, although not nearly in the catagory of the other shows menyioned above like The OA and Stranger things. I binged the whole 1st season of TSCD while I still haven't finished A Series of Unfortunate Events if that tells you anything.

They got some stars for this show with Drew Barrymore and Timothy Olophant (From Justified) as the stars, and some great guest stars making appearances here and there. It really is a pretty fun show. Weird, campy take on the whole Zombie genre.

Savory Griddles and John3:16 like this.
  11. Kou

Kou - Lakers 6th Man -

Fortitude Season 2 is out, going to watch it all over the next few days.

12. Savory Griddles

I miss that show so much.

Barnstable likes this.
  13. Weezy

YES!

Also, I'm up to episode 7 of Stranger Things. I could have finished the series already, but I'm dragging it out a little because I know when it's over I'll be in the same boat as the rest of you, no new episodes until October. That's not a world I'm looking forward to being a part of, for me there are new Stranger Things episodes yet to watch.

14. Weezy

Finished Stranger Things last night, the last episodes was one of the best season finales of any show I've ever seen. That show was fantastic, that was theater movie quality. And now the long wait begins with the rest of you for season 2, though I may watch season 1 through again.

15. John3:16

CEO - Big Baller Brand
    The People vs OJ is on Netflix. I have the BluRay, but never got around to watching it. I've heard nothing but rave reviews. Think it'll be my next binge.

Barnstable likes this.
  16. Savory Griddles

I definitely intend on watching it again around September.

raviator likes this.
  17. Barnstable

Barnstable Supreme Fuzzler of Lakersball.com Staff Member

Did anyone else watch the premier of Legion?

That first episode was fantastic IMO. They did a great job of giving the viewer the experience of not knowing what reality is real, and putting you in Legion's head. Can't wait to see more

Savory Griddles likes this.
  18. Savory Griddles

I loved it. I think my wife is undecided. I am so glad to see a comic book show that isn't CW-fied. It was wierd, crazy...Is this a prequel to Parks and Rec cause April Ludgate being in a mental hospital before she started working in the Parks Department explains a lot. :D But yeah. The entire episode I was wondering what was real and what was in his head. The best part is I felt like I was watching a movie. In fact, if they would have added a half hour of clean up at the end, it could have served as an interesting X-Men movie. But just glad it's different. For the comic book genre to remain relevant, they have to start doing stuff like this.

I'm even starting to turn on Flash at this point. I always get excited and ready for Flash and Arrow every week (I can't even watch Supergirl and Legends. They are beyond redemption at this point), and I am ALWAYS disappointed. I don't know how many times I can continue to get excited only to have my excitement get s--- on. How much can I watch Barry complain about "Not being fast enough" until it gets old? How often can I watch people react in ways no sane human being would react in order to manufacture drama?

Barnstable likes this.
  19. John3:16

CEO - Big Baller Brand
    I finished the OJ series. Highly recommended. I expect it to win several awards at the Oscar's.

Despite already knowing the outcome, I think you'll be entertained throughout the series, with the final episode being the best.

20. Weezy

I finished Westworld last night, once again I say this is the golden age for tv. Love that the finale was extended to an hour and a half. Some things I saw coming, some I didn't, but the mystery was so much fun, and unlike a lot of other tv shows, IMO, we already got some satisfying answers in season 1. Now what sucks, is season 2 isn't reportedly coming out until 2018, that's a crazy long time.

therealdeal likes this.