The Official Shaquille O'Neal Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by LALakersFan4Life, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Juronimo

Juronimo - Lakers Starter -

plays with one's and zero's
    What was great about Shaq was when the playoffs came, he would go ham. Those 3 years he dominanted like no one in history, especially in 2001. That was fun to watch.

I miss seeing dominant big men like Kareem, the Dream, and Shaq. Shaq was the last dominant big man.

I enjoyed the Allen Iverson speech more though to be honest.

Barnstable likes this.
  2. Purp n Gold

Purp n Gold - Rookie -

We all hated him post-2004, but it's hard to stay mad at the big fella. When I look back at his career and what he became on TNT/NBATV, I think of him as an ambassador for the NBA and the game at large. In that regard he is in pretty esteemed company. Shaqs' personality goes beyond the game and stands with the likes of Dr. J, Magic, Barkley and so forth. The fact that Shaqs' personality and "brand" (<- I really hate using that word nowadays) was able to breakthrough in pop culture at the height of MJ's stranglehold on the basketball world in the mid 90s, is pretty damn amazing. It's a testament to how unique the guy is. It also helps that he backed it up on the court, even if he didn't reach his full potential.

3. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    I would like all my players to have Kobe Bryant's mindset but the Big Fella sure gave us some dominant dynastic years. Shaq made me believed in the mystic of the Lakers, that we can rise from the ashes, after the Kareem, Magic, Worthy and Riley years.

sirronstuff likes this.
  4. Kobe Bryant 8

Kobe Bryant 8 - Lakers 6th Man -

Hating the C Bags
    Shaq did nothing to deserve any hate. The man had a prime stretch up there with anyone. I think you can make a sound argument he may have had the most dominant years of any player ever.

A great Laker just went into the hall.

Battle Tested20 likes this.
  5. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    Did nothing? I highly dispute that. Now you gonna pay me recover on company time out of shape didn't prepare as a professional, pettiness, burned bridges wherever he went, etc

Any of it worth holding onto? Nah, but he definitely earned whatever grief he did get. People didn't create that drama, Shaq did.

In the end, he'll be remembered as an all time great. Some of us will just remember he could have been greater, and for longer, if he had the passion some others had.

Ahem*Kobe*Ahem

6. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    I am extremely happy that Shaq and Jerry Buss were on good terms before Jerry passed though. That needed to happen.

[​IMG]