The Importance Of The Regular Season

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by sirronstuff, Apr 12, 2024.

1. FrontOfJersey22

FrontOfJersey22 - Lakers All Star -

I think this is the problem concerning the “coasting.”Throughout the majority of the season, minus the IST games, LeBron, who is the leader of this team, paced himself for obvious age and mileage reasons. AD saw this and followed suit, not in all, but in enough games to matter, and chose to take a similar approach. I feel like this attitude trickled down throughout the rest of the squad and was a major factor in us going through the motions.
    Injuries didn’t help, but this team was built really well with only one big flaw: no real big man off the bench who could play big.
    Ham, of course, was a major factor in many of the losses and I’m certain that both DLo and Rui could have contributed more to early and mid season wins if used properly.

sirronstuff and LTLakerFan like this.
  2. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    I think pretty much all of the reasons I believe the regular season is important were confirmed in a series like this.

Denver had their continuity and their deeper bag to reach into in crunch time. We don't have a bag. We don't follow schemes very well. We are taken out of our schemes easily, and we don't have anything to fall back on. Disappointing, but not unexpected.

Toklat, abeer3 and lakerjones like this.
  3. fabfourlakers

fabfourlakers - Lakers Starter -

damn, clearly i was wrong lol. spot on post here sirron. need to bookmark that screenshot on net rating and keep an eye on it moving fwd

sirronstuff likes this.