Taurean Prince Discussion: Bucks

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by Kobe Bryant 8, Jun 30, 2023.

1. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Not a good game

2. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

Good grief man! Prince played 15 minutes and went 2-3 from the field, all from 3. He had the same amount of rebounds, as Rui did in 33mins. He also had 2 blocks. You guys just go completely overboard, with this Prince nonsense.

3. Pioneer10

Pioneer10 - Lakers All Star -

Just awful on defense but can't really blame him for his coach putting him on guys he can't guard

4. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

It's not 3 minutes here, 4 minutes there. He was in for 9 straight minutes, primarily deployed against Monk. Kings went on an immediate run and the matchup went about as well as you'd expect.

In this situation, It's not his fault his coach is a f***ing idiot. But in an awful matchup, he was awful.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2024
    KareemtheGreat33 and abeer3 like this.
  5. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

Well damn Monk scored on him. That made him awful? I guess whoever was guarding Fox was beyond awful by a wide margin.

Russell was a plus 2. I guess he played well then. BS

6. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

I don't see what or why you're trying to argue here. I'll say it as clearly as possible:
    Prince was terrible [full stop]. I do not blame Prince for being terrible in this game. He was setup to fail by an incompetent head coach.

You never ever put Prince on Monk and Fox. Ever. He's not a chaser against two of the fastest guards in the league. He can't fight through those screens. If he gets caught on a screen at the 3 point line while trying to fight through and guard either of them, by the time he gets back to them they have already scored at the rim.

That's not an indictment on Prince. If Hayes guarded Monk for the bulk of a quarter. Guess what. He's going to be awful and we're going to get murdered in those minutes. And honestly that would have been the only worse matchup Ham could've deployed. Seriously if you're pulling someone off the bench for that assignment it has to be Cam, Max, Dinwiddie, or even Mays. If Cam wasn't hurt, Ham should be punched. If he was hurt, well... it's just further proof at the ineptitude of our medical staff.

You downplayed the amount of minutes in the failure position, but the Kings cook and cook fast.

They went on a 59-20 run in 15ish minutes. They tripled us up. So yeah, every minute by every player matters when that's what you're up against.

7. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

You know what...I knew this sounded like nonsense, when you posted it, but after watching the 2nd quarter again. I realized that you totally don't know what the hell, you are talking about. Actually you just made up a bunch of BS, and posted some stats to support your narrative.

You do this a lot, in order to embellish whatever nonsense, that you are spouting at the time. Gotta always be "right" huh?

What actually happened is this...
    Prince came into the game in the 1st quarter with 2.43 on the clock. He never guarded Monk at all, he was on their SF, who didn't score.

He played 6 mins in the 2nd quarter, and while Monk guarded him, he wasn't always matched up with Malik. Monk scored two baskets on Prince in the 2nd quarter dude, TWO.

When Prince went to the bench, it was a 2pt game. Then...whoever Austin, D'Angelo or Dinwiddie were guarding, went TF off, and scored on damn near every shot attempt. Monk,Fox,41 whoever he is, and Mitchell. COOKED Reaves,Russell and Dinwiddie. It had absolutely nothing to do with Prince.

I don't think that you even watched the game, you just parrot what someone else said about the game, and post stats. FOH.

8. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Thank you for describing every one of your you vs the world "takes." Just like Ham, feelings over facts. Chief, next time try this:
    Step 1) Look in the mirror.
    Step 2) Look up hypocrite before the next time you sit in the basement to pen your next Stan letter.

You don't think Prince negatively impacted that second Q. OK. Color me shocked.

You know in the real world what we call those pesky little data points that get in the way of your crap? They're called facts. Look into it some time.

While you got the time and claim to have watched the game or to have watched one single second of basketball since Russ became a Laker, fast forward to the 3rd. When AD picks up his 4th and Prince subs in for him. Explain that one away.
    [​IMG]

That's adorable.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2024
    KareemtheGreat33 likes this.
  9. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

Lol..that's the best that you could come up with? Next time.. just actually WATCH the game, before posting a bunch of nonsense, about what didn't happen in the game.

Agh the 3rd quarter..let's see AD went out. Prince in, Fox blows by Reaves for a layup and got fouled. He did blow by Prince for a layup a couple of possessions later. That's it, Prince was scored on twice by Monk, and twice by Fox, in the ENTIRE GAME. Those guys combined for 70pts!
    Far cry from that crap you posted, which didn't reflect what actually happened on the floor.

Facts are what happened, not what you think happened. It's all good dude, at least you post some good links and videos, but your analysis sucks.

Judging from your sensitivity on being called out, for some of the nonsense that you post.
    I imagine that you've never actually played a lick of organized basketball in your life either.

Lol..Westbrook ain't here, I guess he's still your go to fallback, when all else fails. You could have just let it go with, I thought Prince was the primary defender on Monk, because Monk was guarding him. Nope..you doubled down anyway, because you just had to be " Right". You don't know WTF you are talking about man. AFTER..having the opportunity to go back and actually watch the game. FOH..

Again.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2024
  10. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

I'm really glad you think so. No really. If we were on the same page then I'd be worried. Being on the opposite side of a contrarian who finds comfort in nonsensical and illogical means I'm doing something right.

Don't give yourself that much credit bub. There's nothing anyone behind a screen has ever said to me that has elevated my pulse or blood pressure one iota. Blatant hypocrisy in any facet of life does bug me a tiny little bit, like a mosquito that keeps buzzing around your head. So those, I do feel obligated to speak on.

Put it back in your pants. Only those battling their own relevancy and insecurity feel the need to remind everyone of their age, years doing xyz, or whatever pseudo experience they had in that lane. For your records, I played all throughout school through my Sr year of HS. Think very poor man's Stacey Augmon. Definitely wasn't good enough to go anywhere with it after that but playing competitively took a big hit that summer when I destroyed my left knee -- knee cap spun all the way backwards. Day to day is no issue, but to really push it competitively for an extended full court run isn't an option. Shooting around or half court... sure... all day, but it has transitioned to more of a floor game.

[​IMG]

I watched the game and I saw more than that. The opinion of those who actually earn a living covering the team saw more than that. I'm not about to go rewatch a regular season game, sure as hell am not sitting there to break down tape of a loss. You got that time, good on ya. Through your Ray Charles glasses no telling what you're seeing.

lakerjones likes this.
  11. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

Nah..you have never hooped at any level. I've been wasting time chirping with you. Duly noted moving forward.

12. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

[​IMG]

lakerjones likes this.
  13. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

Rock solid game from Prince tonight. 8 and 6 in 16 minutes. Good to see.

14. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Yep, definitely a much better outing. All 8 coming in a 3rd Q burst too. Think he scored 8 of our 10 points during that run of his.

Glad we've finally gotten the minutes to a more realistic place. I was worried with Bron out, Ham might revert back to some bad TP tendencies.

He did have one lowlight and Ham probably drew it up for him

I do wish Middleton was healthy. We could have seen the meme according to Darv
    [​IMG]

LTLakerFan and lakerjones like this.
  15. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Credit where it's due...while the box score is not much to look at, he played great defense on Ant in the 4th.

One of his better defensive games against the other team's best players.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  16. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Wonder if that pushes Ham to sit this one out too

Juronimo, Kenzo and LTLakerFan like this.
  17. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

18. ZenMaster

ZenMaster - Lakers All Star -

4 guard lineups. God save us all.

19. Zoyd Wheeler

Zoyd Wheeler - Rookie -

Taurean is out "for personal reasons" - on his 30th birthday, and he would've faced the Embiid-less 76ers. Maybe he's afraid of Maxey?

I dunno. Call me an unfeeling j******, but if he's out solely to celebrate his b-day, it's cray unprofessionalism. Any word on any actual legit "personal" reason T-Prince is out? He's feeling unappreciated? The looming government shutdown has him in the doldrums? (O? I'm getting word they averted that, last min: same tired old act...) Maybe Prince needs a personal day to collect his thoughts on his life and direction, on this, his 30th b-day. Happy b-day, T-Prince! Spend some of that $3,482,000 you're making this year on something, ya know, just for yourself for once...

If Phil Handy acts as head coach against the 76ers, then we know Ham and Prince are out on the town at TGI Fridays and some putt-putt golf - with hookers and blow, of course - celebrating Taurean's very special day.

In other news, Cam Reddish is set to play and get injured again tonight! He should get mins, but we'll see how coach Handy...err...Ham handles Cam.

Juronimo, abeer3 and LTLakerFan like this.
  20. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -