Taurean Prince Discussion: Bucks

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by Kobe Bryant 8, Jun 30, 2023.

1. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

I'm not complaining about Reddish because his main role is as a defender, we all know his offense is limited. I'm not overly complaining about Dinwiddie because he's still finding his way on the team after joining just in the past couple weeks.

Prince gets killed because he displaced a starter for 2/3 of the season with very little to show for it other than the coach's undying affections. Again, I think he's suited well for the bench role that he's in now playing 15-20 minutes a game. It's just in this one he played poorly and thought he was a shooter. He wasn't the reason we lost but my point remains, he didn't help either.

Russell has nothing to do with Prince. He had a great start and was a large part of the reason we had a lead in the first half. He was one of the only guys on our team with a net positive. He ended up with a decent shooting percentage overall and had 17 points vs. Prince's 2. What's he got to do with this discussion?

LTLakerFan, Pioneer10 and JSM like this.
  2. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

The game isn't won in the 1st half either Jones. Russell shot 2-7 outside of the 2nd quarter, that's not going to get it done as the starting PG on this team. It's obvious at this point, that the magic 5 that you keep alluding to, can't guard a parked car.

These guy have to score, that's the only thing that will overcome the fact that, Austin, Rui, and D'Angelo, are weak defensively, as a trio.

Lebron is 39 years old, and I complain about his D on many occasions, but when he's locked in, he's still a better defender than those 3 guys.

Austin and Rui stepped up in the 2nd half, Russell was a no show. He shot 20% from the floor (1-5, 0-3 from deep)with 1 assists. That's not an example of having a good game IMO.

The numbers just suck with Russell against Denver period. He's played 6 games here against them, all losses, and he's avg 37% from the field, 29% from 3, with 4 assists per game. On top of his nonexistent defense. That's why I target him in these games. He's flat out sucked.

We are supposed to expect more from D'Angelo man, he's our starting PG, run the team, score some points, get some assists, TRY to defend somebody. He constantly fails on all 3 against that team.

3. Pioneer10

Pioneer10 - Lakers All Star -

Because he was awful in the minutes he played and he took shot attempts that would make Lebron blush

lakerjones likes this.
  4. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

Did you somehow miss AD, D'Angelo, Cam and Spencer's 2nd half performance?

Lol..man Prince played 4 minutes in the 2nd half. He took 1 shot.

We were up 8 at halftime, those 8 minutes he played couldn't have been that bad.

5. Pioneer10

I thought those guys at least had a fair share of positive plays.

Prince was bad across the board IMO.

lakerjones likes this.
  6. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

That's because you saw what you were already predisposed to see Pioneer.

Can't blame a guy that played 4 minutes and took 1 shot, for blowing the lead.

That's just my 2 cents.

7. Pioneer10

b******* on this one. I definitely state positive things about players I don't particularly like Rui when they do well. Feel free to check the thread. I'm probably one of the least anti Prince guys in this thread as well

I also watched the game and pointed that out of his 5 shot attempts 4 of them were just bad shots period. If you persist on using a nonsense argument like this you're welcome to argue with someone else but it won't be me

Juronimo and lakerjones like this.
  8. lakerjones

No that five isn’t great on D. But the issue is with Cam out there in the bulk of the last part of the fourth quarter we were playing 4 on 5 essentially on offense. We really missed Dlo. And that’s where the game got away from us. So that’s on the coach not Dlo who wasn’t even out there in crunch time. Again, why are we even talking about Dlo? He has nothing to do whether Prince has a trash game or not. And they don’t play the same position or role.

Slick2021 likes this.
  9. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

Shrug it's not an argument IMO. I'm trying to get some clarity on the point. Missing a shot doesn't make it a bad shot. Each of the 4 shots he took in the 1st quarter were good shot attempts, he just only made 1 of them. The 1 shot attempt that he had in the 2nd quarter, was also a good shot, he just missed it.

Dude had 2 drives to the rim, 2 rotation 3's and 1 pull up jumper in the 1st half. Which of the 4 do you deem, to have been bad shots then?

10. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

SMH..Yeah...I still get caught up, talking about stuff, in the wrong thread sometimes. My bad.

Russell played half of the 4th quarter tho , he just didn't take any shots. I guess Ham decided , that he wanted to see what Reddish and Dinwiddie could do, over Russell and Prince. Idk..

Back to the topic of the thread...I don't think Prince was a negative or positive impact in that one. Wasn't good, wasn’t terrible IMO.

11. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    Prince is poverty level, south of a poor man’s Middleton…

12. lakerjones

I get the point that you think Prince is being singled out for criticism but you’ve picked a strange hill to die on here when he went 1 for 6 and didn’t really contribute anything else. Shooting 1 for 6 is bad. There’s not much else to it.

13. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

…. “another” strange hill :D ;)

14. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

I do get it, this is the Prince thread. Big picture tho, Prince isn't some kind of hill at all, he's just a distraction IMO.

Last night was a microcosm of our season. We are in the game, with an opportunity to win late, if we execute. Then we go out and fail to execute down the stretch, with the ball in our best players hands to boot.

That's not a Prince issue IMO. I just find it weird, that this guy, gets a lot of the vitriol spewed in his direction after a loss. I'm looking at the guys higher up the food chain myself. However it's his thread and he did go 1-6.

Cookie, ElginTheGreat and lakerjones like this.
  15. lakerjones

Great bounce back game from Prince tonight. He was excellent out there and brought it on both ends. Nice D, boards and three point shooting.

16. NickthaQuick

NickthaQuick - Lakers 6th Man -

Balled out today for sure.

17. ZenMaster

ZenMaster - Lakers All Star -

Excellent excellent game in all aspects. Keep it up, Pimple Jr.

lakerjones and LTLakerFan like this.
  18. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

:Crazyartest: .... who are you and why would you have wanted anything to do with whatever you have done with Zen?? Good luck with that!

:Kobe Snickering:

19. ZenMaster

ZenMaster - Lakers All Star -

I am harsh, but fair.

20. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Much better showing.

Didn't force shots, didn't dance with the ball, didn't make reckless drives to the rim. He stuck to what he does best and did it at a high level last night. Catch & shoot. Catch, side step, shoot. Drive, stop, mid-range baseline pull up.

14 points, 4/6 from 3 & 6 boards in 22 minutes is one of his most efficient games slotted perfectly in his role with proper minutes.

The drive and hook pass to Corner Cam wasn't pretty, way too slow of a pass but that was his only TO and only screw up offensively so it's fine.

lakerjones likes this.