Star Wars Thread (a Galaxy Far Far Away) Obi-Wan Movie In The Works! (36)

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by DarthRekal, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

2. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

It's almost comical at this point. The Cassian show was also stopped down for a while for the same reason.

https://screenrant.com/rogue-one-prequel-show-disney-plus-almost-cancelled/

How is Kennedy taking these meetings? Someone comes in, gives her a two line pitch, and then she greenlights it? "ThE fOrCe Is FeMaLe! LeT's FiLm ThE oBi-WaN!" She hires a cast and crew to start shooting, gives a release timeframe, shows a teaser or whatever...without so much as a script? My goodness.

I joking thought I could run Lucasfilm better than her (but didn't honestly believe it because she had been in the industry for years and my experience in that part of the industry is extremely, EXTREMELY limited). But I was wrong. I can honestly say I would be better suited to run Lucasfilm. Lucasfilm would also be better off if I was the entire storygroup. I'd want others with me, but me, by myself, doing the entire job of everyone in the storygroup, would be better than what Lucasfilm currently has. If nothing else, I would have asked questions like, "Wait. First Order/Resistance is exactly the same as Empire/Rebels. Has nothing changed in the last 30 years?" or "So Han is back to being the same exact person he was at the beginning of A New Hope?" or "Why can Rey already do things after two hours that even the most powerful Jedi took years to master?" or "Why would the most hopeful person in the galaxy want to murder his nephew after he had some dark thoughts?" or "Doesn't bringing back Sidious negate Anakin's sacrifice, and make him NOT the Chosen One? Wasn't that what the entire first 6 films were about?"

Like I said, it's laughable at this point.

JohnnyComeLately2k6 likes this.
  3. Savory Griddles

I was going to post this, but the images in that are so awesome (granted the script wasn't that great, but better than TROS), it's almost like salt in our proverbial wounds.

4. Savory Griddles

I don't really like this chick, but her information is usually solid.

JohnnyComeLately2k6 and Weezy like this.
  5. Weezy

What a mess. Someone said in a video recently, I can’t remember who, maybe Harloff, that Kennedy is a great producer. And that’s not disputable, she’s been a producer on some of the greatest movies of all time. But that this job is not that, it’s much different, and she’s not right for it, Lucas made a mistake putting her in charge, she may be a great producer, but she’s not a great creative head or studio head, whatever her title is. If the Obi-Wan scripts were him babysitting baby Luke and Leia they should never have been approved in the first place, who wants to see that?

6. Savory Griddles

For the life of me, I don't understand how she hasn't "departed to take on new challenges" (i.e. she got fired). It's almost embarrassing for Iger at this point to leave someone this bad at their job in charge of something this high profile. I'm starting to wonder if they don't want to deal with the optics of firing a female studio head as there aren't many of those around.

7. Weezy

This skit was more entertaining than TROS. Adam Driver deserved better.

8. Weezy

I wish Iger would STFU and GTFO and take Kennedy with him

Savory Griddles likes this.
  9. Savory Griddles

To me, the Disney Trilogy died during Last Jedi, so the whole Rey Skywalker thing has been great due to all the amazing memes it's produced.

10. acetabulum7

acetabulum7 - Rookie -

Alright, I'm going to jump in here with my opinion on where Star Wars is.

Agreed - Kennedy needs to GO. She has no clue what she's doing. Obi-Wan needs to remain a show.

Disagreed - That Trevorrow's version of ROTS would have been better. The concept art, it was better how it was with Bisc Kova's head quickly tossed on the table, not a whole execution scene. That would have been completely unnecessary, not to mention too adult-oriented for an all-ages movie. This isn't Game of Thrones. This is Star Wars.

Tor Valum looks pretty wicked but doesn't feel like Star Wars, more like some strange far-out-there sci-fi, or even the next DC Justice League villain. No thanks.

Kylo Ren fighting Vader in the cave, no thanks. With all the backlash at JJ emulating the old trilogy, this would have been far worse, like a 100% carbon copy of Empire. It's better that they just had Vader's melted helmet around, and poetic that it got smashed at one point.

Coruscant, again too nostalgic and too much re-hashing from the original trilogy. It was better with Exegol and the tropical planet the Resistance was on.

Broadcasting Leia's hologram by attempting to activate a beacon??? Feels exactly like Rogue One where they were trying to activate the beacon on Scarif to deliver the Death Star plans. Would have felt old and boring and repetitive. Thank God this wasn't in the movie.

Old walkers? Nah, I'm glad I saw the old ruined Death Star though; that was good nostalgia where you visit something from earlier in a film series or tv show, except it's the modern day and it's in ruins. Kind of a thoughtful exercise on how so much changes over time. Who cares about old walkers; it would have done nothing for me. The one in The Mandalorian was totally badass though. It belongs there, not in the Star Wars sequels.

R2D2 dies. Okay, this would have literally and completely ruined Star Wars. Not just split the fanbase like TLJ, but actually just make all fans young and old, casual and hardcore, not care about the franchise anymore. R2 is the one character that remains true and unchanging that ALL fans love, and should live throughout the entire saga. Almost like a franchise narrator or all-seeing character. Killing him off would have totally been a Rian Johnson move, but far, FAR worse than anything he's ever done to Star Wars. Worst. Idea. Ever.

Luke blocking a lightsaber? LOLLLL okay that is laughable. I can't. I'm not sorry. That's worse than Leia Poppins and Forcetime and Augmented Force Reality all put together in one. That would have just been embarrassing and spawned memes similar to "Nuke the Fridge." Terrible idea.

Hux seppuku - Awful. Again, this isn't Game of Thrones. This is Star Wars. No sane person would put this in a Star Wars movie and expect kids to enjoy it or even understand what's going on. That's just ridiculous.

Leia and BB-8 recording the hologram - What???? Yet another idea 100% ripped from the OT! If people complained that JJ stole from the OT, Treverrow's ideas are FAR WORSE.

I already knew Trevorrow was a terrible director after his pathetic showing of Jurassic World (yes, it was worse than all the Star Wars sequels), but these concept photos just take the cake. Wow. I am thrilled he did not direct a Star Wars movie.

My opinions on the sequel, I thought Ep 7 was okay, had some moments that delivered for what it was, but just okay. The acting was bland (the director is usually to blame for this) and the execution was meh. The movie couldn't make me care for the new characters. As far as Rey having too many powers, whatever, it doesn't make or break a movie for me (another topic altogether), as long as the execution of the story is engaging and believable.

Ep 8, yes the controversial one, yes it was a terrible fit in the Star Wars universe. The only merit I give is that I think it is good as a standalone if you scrubbed everything you knew about Star Wars. I'll still throw it on my Disney+ rotation every now and then. But it did not fit within the Star Wars universe at all, so I can see why it got so much hate. I had seen Rian Johnson's Looper and already guessed correctly that yes he has directing talent, but no he's not gonna make a movie that people would expect or particularly like.

Ep 9, yes the movie had a lot of problems, started off too choppy, had unfinished business (although that's what TV and novels are for and why movies are made differently nowadays than before) but I felt the characters and interactions were more believable, and the action and intensity delivered. Sure things didn't make sense, but come on it's Star Wars. Did Ewoks toying around with storm troppers make any sense? Luke and Leia are all of a sudden siblings after they had kissed??? Zero sense whatsoever! I cut JJ some slack because he had to undo a lot of what Johnson did with TLJ, and you only have so much run time to do that while trying to make your own movie.

Whew alright, that was my $0.02. Carry on. :)

TIME and Savory Griddles like this.
  11. Weezy

The entire Trevorrow script has apparently leaked for anyone that wants to read it

12. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    :Laugh:

wow, how the mighty have fallen

13. Weezy

TIME and Savory Griddles like this.
  14. Savory Griddles

15. Weezy

Essentially, yeah. Though, I consider the Mandalorian canon, George was involved, Filoni was a part of it, Favreua is a huge SW fan.

16. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
  17. Savory Griddles

As long as he's thinking of Vader when he is humming it and not Snoke or Hux.

18. Weezy

Did they play that for them? I honestly can’t even remember, I’ve started to erase those movies from my memory. But that’s pretty wild, that’s how good Williams’ score is, iconic.

sirronstuff likes this.
  19. Weezy

If you have to fill major gaps in novels you have failed at filmmaking. And these new movies have done this now at least 2 or 3 times, I know the TFA novel did the same.

:Magic Shaking Head No:

20. Savory Griddles

I saw this. I actually started laughing out loud. Their incompetence is evidently limitless. Unfortunately I don't care much any more. I can honestly say that. I have yet to watch the new Clone Wars episodes. The cancellation of the Obi Wan series didn't even make me sad. I felt nothing. I never thought there would be a day in my lifetime where I just didn't care about Star Wars whatsoever. But Disney manged to do it.