Star Wars Thread (a Galaxy Far Far Away) Obi-Wan Movie In The Works! (36)

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by DarthRekal, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

I’d say I’m looking forward to the Robot Chicken spoofs, but I’m not, 9 is already a spoof. I love how they ripped on the prequels, thought they did an excellent job, but there’s no material to rip on the sequels, it would be boring and sad.

2. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

When Palpy called it The Final Order, I could totally picture Dark Helmet changing the First Order to the Final Order and Colonel Sandurz repeating it back to him.

Weezy and Kingsama like this.
  3. Kingsama

Kingsama - Rookie -

trodgers likes this.
  4. Kingsama

Kingsama - Rookie -

Weezy likes this.
  5. Savory Griddles

Weezy and Kingsama like this.
  6. Weezy

I dunno, it seems kinda fake, but I’d have said the same if I read JJ’s script for 9 too. But I also agree, in large part is sounds better than what we got. At least it had Kylo remaining the big bad, and it seems a “smaller” character driven story about the main characters we already know, rather than a giant, convoluted mess.

Kingsama likes this.
  7. Weezy

The script has been confirmed real, and it’s so much better than what we got. Perfect? No, nothing would be, but now I’m more pissed that Disney fired Trevorrow because THIS didn’t fit their vision. This is so much more satisfying, god dammit I’m pissed. I’m just going to pretend this IS Episode 9 now.

Savory Griddles and Kingsama like this.
  8. Weezy

Hey guys, we got an “answer” to how palatine returned now.

Jeezus, this came from people at the top of their field, absolute garbage, worse than fan-fiction.

:Koberubeyes:

Savory Griddles and Kingsama like this.
  9. Kingsama

Kingsama - Rookie -

"technology and occult"

:Magicwow4:

trodgers, Weezy and Savory Griddles like this.
  10. Savory Griddles

There is no episode 9. Nor an episode 7 or 8. There is only 6 episodes and the Clone Wars. I've decided that ANYTHING Disney has done, (even if I like it) can't be considered real canon. For better or worse, this is George's story. He is the only man to witness the Star Wars. These new Disney things...Disney wasn't at the Star Wars. Only George was present for them.

KareemtheGreat33 likes this.
  11. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    begrudgingly I'll accept the prequels since I collect Darth Maul stuff, but yeah BIG NO on Disney

12. Savory Griddles

Remember, it's the Disney Trilogy, not the sequel trilogy. Don't ever call it the sequel trilogy because that implies it has something to do with the previous 6 movies. It has zero to do with them. If I made a five minute fan film starring myself as a Jedi who fell in love with and married a gungan dwarf, that is as much canon as this Disney stuff.

KareemtheGreat33 and Kingsama like this.
  13. Kingsama

Kingsama - Rookie -

this sounds like the beginning of some erotic fan fiction. Savory, is there something you are trying to tell us?

sirronstuff and Savory Griddles like this.
  14. Savory Griddles

Is it any worse than Rey and Ben hooking up after a toxic relationship involving them trying to murder each other multiple times? :D At least me and Low-Low Dinks had something real.

And my movie is already in post-production. The gungan nudity is tastefully done.

sirronstuff and Kingsama like this.
  15. Kingsama

Kingsama - Rookie -

Don't even get me started on the Reylo thing, the was disgusting. Romance? no. Abusive codependency? yes. Besides you can't have the white female protagonist kiss the black guy, or allow the black guy to be force sensitive on screen either.

Weezy and Savory Griddles like this.
  16. Savory Griddles

I've read that the reason they sort of sidelined Finn was because they were trying to break through in the Chinese market. Evidently China is very racist towards black people.

But you can have a Vietnamese woman awkwardly kiss a black man seemingly against his will after she nearly killed him by ramming her vehicle into his.

Kingsama likes this.
  17. Kingsama

Kingsama - Rookie -

Lol I love that I live in a world where Disney, the NBA, and the rest of Hollywood spend their days belittling people for not agreeing with their ideals and their night's kowtowing to China. A country whose human rights record is terrifying...

Weezy likes this.
  18. Savory Griddles

Why Rey and The Force Awakens cannot be canon.

Edit: Added Part 2

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
    sirronstuff and Weezy like this.
  19. Weezy

A video blaming JJ for truly making s*** Star Wars and ruining the new trilogy before it began? I’m in! Joking, I haven’t watched it yet, but I will ASAP. I actually was not a fan of TFA the first time I saw it, I walked out extremely disappointed, I even took a picture of my face to post on Instagram to show my feelings. I thought it felt like imitation SW, was kind of boring, I felt nothing when Han died, and was bummed how they used Luke for 5 seconds (the positives I took were I thought Kylo was great, Daisy was a good actress, and Finn was interesting). But everyone else kept telling me it was amazing and Star Wars was back, so I just kept going to see it and try to find the fun in it, I didn’t want to be a downer to everyone else’s experience of it. I eventually did find it enjoyable on some level, but I never loved it, if you go way back in this thread you’ll see at the time I still said I’d easily watch episode 3 over TFA any time and would not rank it ahead of that movie despite all the prequel hate still out there, which has now somewhat cooled.

I’ve just felt kind of bummed lately watching the videos of what Trevorrow’s 9 would have been, all the cool stuff we would have seen. It’s weird to live in a world where they actually f***ed up Star Wars, where a truly garbage Star Wars movie exists. AoTC isn’t good, but I don’t consider it garbage, I love the Obi-Wan detective storyline, the arena scene, the quiet moments of Anakin searching for his mother and starting to show signs of darkness. The scene where he rides the speeder across the desert as the suns are setting with anger in his eyes still gives me chills, and him striking down all the Tuskens is brutal, and I love that moment he carries his mother’s body back into his family home, a look on his face like “I did what you couldn’t, this is your fault”, but still pained because he wasn’t strong enough to stop her dying. I love the end montage too, the empty Jedi council room, the clone armies loading onto ships, Anakin and padme being married while the music swells as we know this will only end in tragedy. There’s almost nothing I love from 9, almost every decision they make is nonsensical or dumb. Ah well, again, at least I love the Mandalorian, and have high hopes for the Kenobi series.

Savory Griddles likes this.
  20. Weezy

Is it weird that I had no reaction to this? Just “meh”

I love him as a director, he did the Mandalorian finale which was fantastic, but I have no faith in Kennedy to not meddle with any awesomeness he brings and f*** it up. Will Iger at least be gone by then so he can stop butting in with his “this Mortis stuff is too inside baseball for mainstream audiences” crap that got us garbage like episode 9? I also feel like he and Kennedy are morons for thinking Solo failing means people don’t want SW story movies, we just didn’t want THAT one, there’s a million others that would have been better, maybe dipping into that lore they’re scared to touch that IMO The Clone Wars and even Rebels did so well.

trodgers and Savory Griddles like this.