Staples Center Will Be Renamed As Crypto.Com Arena

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by The Rock, Nov 16, 2021.

1. The Rock

The Rock - Lakers Starter -

2. KB24

KB24 Administrator Staff Member

Certified Tax Advisor
    Very ugly logo. Sorry but it's the truth.

Cookie likes this.
  3. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    Amazing logo. Lion. Very powerful, yet digital. Well done design IMHO, but I don't know crap about stuff like that. I just happen to like that one.

4. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Don’t know if it’s they just haven’t got to it yet or if they plan not to, but the view from the air of the roof is clean with nothing up there.

5. sirronstuff

I thought pictures were already posted of signage on the top of the roof. Maybe it was a mockup.

6. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

I wonder if at a point not too far off this will actually happen

KareemtheGreat33 likes this.
  7. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

It'll be officially (finally?) be called The Crypt

8. Juronimo

Juronimo - Lakers Starter -

plays with one's and zero's
    With their "guaranteed returns" the wheels may be following off the ponzi scheme.

9. sirronstuff

Lots of people in the financial sector may be facing downsizing. It's part of what must be done to survive a down market. I wouldn't read too far into Crypto.com's situation yet, but BlockFi just had a massive SEC settlement, Luna was a billion dollar disaster, and Celsius has some sphincter's puckering about now since they blocked exchanges and withdrawals. Not good. Not good at all.

10. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

i thought the crypto sponsoring of the venue would be short-lived and weird, but this was even faster than i thought.

Cookie and lakerjones like this.
  11. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers All Star -

There were many people who swore the internet was not going to succeed. I would be careful of believing everything you hear.

If you think digital currency isn't the future, you will be struggling financially in the future.

ElginTheGreat, shoe and sirronstuff like this.
  12. sirronstuff

Agreed 100%. Millionaires are being made right now.

ElginTheGreat likes this.
  13. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    f*** I’m scared jumping into crypto

sirronstuff likes this.
  14. OX1947

Be more scared if you don't. Just like the .com in the late 90s, there will be alot of crypto that drop, scam or whatever. But the stable ones, pun intended, will change our lifestyle.

The government wants to end paper money. It will eventually happen in the same way they stopped using gold and silver as money in replacement to paper cash after the Civil War. People were up in arms the same way back then when they were told their gold and silver would be converted to ink and paper. Old people don't like change and regular folks are scared of what they don't understand. Don't be either one or you will be chasing financial freedom your whole life.

sirronstuff and KareemtheGreat33 like this.
  15. sirronstuff

The ones besides BTC and ETH pretty much guaranteed to make it out of the down cycle are IMHO and in no particular order:

IOTA
    XDC
    XRP
    XLM
    ALGO
    Celo
    ADA
    SOL

They are either on the WEF list (New World Order baby!) or are on the ISO20022 list (New standard banking will be working on starting in November this year)
    A couple of the coins are on both lists.

I feel pretty strongly about these, but you should do your own research to come to any conclusions. Basically, if they don't have utility and a reason for the coin, they are likely going away. What is absurd is the top one on the list below called ICP launched at almost $700, and it's now under $6. If it just goes back to all time highs, you can do the math.

ICP
    AVAX
    Matic
    Link
    HBAR
    QNT
    DAG

Unless the world falls apart (Which is no given), it's not unrealistic for the best coins to reach 10x their all time highs in the next 5-10 years. Most of this stuff should be looked at as a long term hold. Those who own Bitcoin long term don't like that it's gone from $69k to $20k, and may go lower, but it's likely going to end up at 1mil per coin in 10 years according to many experts since there are only 21 million coins in existence.

by the way, I say all this after having lost my arse on a lot of plays this year. Regulation is coming and will wipe out 90%+ of the industry, and it will be a good thing. Those left standing will boom. Just like the Internet bubble. For every 1,000 coins or dot coms out there, there will be an Amazon or an Ebay that emerges. Not a bad idea to take a few chances to catch one on the way up. Research will increase the odds of that happening.

All that being said, many experts don't believe this is the bottom, and there will a major drop yet to come. A market capitulation with a nasty wick down. Those who can buy at those levels or close to it will be very happy people. They will be in instant profit, but 100x gains will be very conservative in the big picture.

But to be on Topic, Crypto.com launched with a very aggressive campaign, probably spread themselves too thin, and is laying off people like most in the industry. Only one or two companies aren't laying off that I've seen. BNB and XRP. They are adding hundreds of positions.

But as XRP is mopping the floor with the SEC, the pending litigation Binance (BNB) faces I feel will have a less rosy outcome. Just pure speculation on my part.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2022
  16. svtzr

svtzr - Lakers Starter -

I find the speculation on cryptocurrencies absolutely ridiculous. The fact that people can say things like Bitcoin will be worth a million per coin. It’s just as likely if not more so that Bitcoin - like many companies pre the dot come bubble crash - will die out.

I also assume that countries will regulate the whole market and force their own coin options to be utilised by the majority. The government regulated coins will be the main winners to come out of this sphere.

Kenzo, abeer3 and KareemtheGreat33 like this.
  17. D-Fish Man

D-Fish Man - Lakers 6th Man -

People should 100% get their financial advice from randos on sports message boards…

18. ZenMaster

ZenMaster - Lakers All Star -

Especially on pyramid schemes.

sirronstuff likes this.
  19. OX1947

Yes, if you just send me your SS number and date of birth. You will be rich.

Cookie, LTLakerFan and sirronstuff like this.
  20. sirronstuff

The biggest ponzi in the world is a fiat cash system. But it’s from the government, so it’s ok.

:Noddingyes:

our money is no longer based on the gold standard, so it only has value because we say it has value. Cash is trash.

The attraction of digital assets is as a store of value, a limited supply, ease of transfer, and low transaction fees. Along with automatic flawless bookkeeping.

The only reason something like bitcoin has the potential to reach $1 million is because the supply cannot be manipulated like our government manipulates the dollar by printing trillions of it out of thin air. once you learn more about our monetary system, and you research the topic a little bit more, you’ll understand why some people come to that conclusion.

blockchain is growing faster than any technology in history including introduction of the Internet. Based on past models, as a certain percentage of people are using the technology, the price has no choice but to go up. It’s early in the process, so do your research, and you will likely greatly benefit.

crypto.com might be hurting a little bit in the short term for cash flow, but in the long term, they will likely be a massive success

shoe likes this.