Rob Pelinka Discussion: He's Scrambling

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by OmarE, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

Rob needs to go too, nunn n gabe signings were bad, this yrs team looked deep on paper but didn't address the lack of backup bigs, wood doesn't play like a big n hayes just isn't very smart, worse than young mcgee...drafts a pg, signs another pg neither contributed anything

Last edited: Apr 29, 2024
    PurPle n GoLd 1 and wcsoldier81 like this.
  2. FrontOfJersey22

FrontOfJersey22 - Lakers All Star -

As long as Jeanie is in control, Rob isn’t going anywhere.

lakerjones and Khmrp like this.
  3. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

shameful

4. FrontOfJersey22

Out of all of the clowns in the FO, Rob has the least amount of circus attributes.
    I will
    Stand by my statement that he recovered quite well from the Westbrick Debacle. Did he fail regarding a backup big? Yes, but no GM has a perfect summer.
    Well, I take that back: Jerry West did when he gambled big on trading Vlade for Kobe AND signing Shaq in the same summer.

Cookie, TIME, LTLakerFan and 2 others like this.
  5. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

he sucks at coaching hires, his #1 priority signing was gabe who somehow lost most of the season barely contributing anything

6. wcsoldier81

wcsoldier81 - Lakers All Star -

Grab a mediocre center even like Biyombo at the trade deadline over Spencer and we would be playing Sota.
    I have no pb with the others Bron-AD seasons as Lakers but this one feels like a significant waste .

Coming into the season FO knew we probably would have to face Denver again and absolutely DID nothing about it .

This is the only matchup we should play Bron and AD as SF and PF some minutes .

The 2020 and 2023 series showed you that , even more since the Gordon acquisition .

f*** OUR GUARDS OBSESSION

7. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Congrats Jeff Fisher
    [​IMG]

...I mean Rob.

abeer3 likes this.
  8. CarolinaLakerFan

CarolinaLakerFan - Lakers 6th Man -

I had no problem with the Dinwiddie signing because at the time we didn’t think Gabe was coming back, and we had a huge hole at backup PG. I blame Darvin for slicing Dinwiddie’s minutes in favor of an entire season injured Gabe when at the time Spencer’s +/- was through the roof. In hindsight grabbing a big like Biyombo made sense instead of Wood.

Cookie, lakerjones, Kenzo and 4 others like this.
  9. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Thank you Rob! Did the right thing, the hard thing. Losing his human shield in the process. Next time there's a head to roll, it'll be his.

That said, I don't want him heading up this upcoming search. Wish we'd use a firm to handle this.

Last edited: May 3, 2024
  10. FrontOfJersey22

Don’t worry, we have the genius Rambii to step in and pick the right guy for the job!

Cookie likes this.
  11. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Guess we’ll get the Ham questions at the JJ press conference. And then Rob will quietly excuse himself to go to Disneyland

12. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

scientific fact: if anthony irwin doesn't come up with a random complaint about pelinka for two weeks, he dies.

again, he hurts his general thesis (rob sucks) with the constant attempts to make nothingburgers (e.g., timing and nature of press conferences) into huge scandals. lol, i can't even imagine being kept awake by the fact that my nemesis doesn't have to answer my questions about a coaching change when i demand it.

basically nobody complained when we hired ham. basically everyone wanted ham fired in the end. we fired ham. now everyone's complaining about the new coach we haven't yet hired and jumping forward to why we'll need to fire rob when this guy doesn't win a championship with 1000 year old lebron making 40% of the salary cap.

rob is protected because he generally does what ownership wants. whoever replaces rob will also have to do this.

our problem is that we're a mom and pop shop at the top. masai ujiri would not fix anything here because he couldn't do his job.

sam presti would have been fired twice already with the level of expectations here.

and again, rob's done some stuff i didn't like (the PG bungled tamper--which is a gift that keeps taking, letting caruso walk), but he's just not our central problem. and his press conferences certainly aren't.

52years and FrontOfJersey22 like this.
  13. FrontOfJersey22

Preach!
    I hate the fact that he caved to LeBron’s and AD’s strong desire for the Westbrick trade, but I understand why he did since LeBron had so much power then.
    He still has a lot, considering we will be hiring his buddy as our new coach, but I think Rob learned his lesson regarding roster building.

abeer3 likes this.
  14. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

the FO needs another body in it with relationships around the league, imo. technically, rob is the vp of bb operations, right? so hire another guy as the gm. again, dallas had nico harrison in the rob role and brought in dennis lindsey under him, and things really took off for them after that, imo.

Wino, Weezy, JSM and 1 other person like this.
  15. FrontOfJersey22

I agree, but does Jeanie even realize this is a necessity in order to pull off fair trades?

Juronimo likes this.
  16. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

I think the everyone hates Rob thing is overblown, and though a GM with skill and good relationships around the league under him would be a good idea, there will always be the Laker tax which is higher than whatever residual Rob tax remains. Indiana, sure plus other teams just preferring not to trade with Lakers regardless.

Wino and abeer3 like this.
  17. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

i agree it's overblown, but it's not nothing. the laker tax is there (again, good luck, ujiri, presti, etc.), but i think indy's hate is especially for rob (really rob and magic). we definitely orchestrated PG's exit there, and they were rightfully pissed. they should have let it go over time, but pritchard's an a****** in his own right.

to me, rob pulling off the second russ trade should have shown people that he can operate. the haters were extremely quiet for a few weeks there, as they should have been.