Rob Pelinka Discussion: He's Scrambling

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by OmarE, Feb 21, 2017.

1. FrontOfJersey22

FrontOfJersey22 - Lakers All Star -

Dave McMenniman is a reliable and well respected member of the media:

It’s okay to admit you were wrong from time to time.

Also, from a recent clutch points article:

“Westbrook’s status with Los Angeles had become so bad, Los Angeles considered straight releasing him if no trade had materialized, via Sam Amick and Jovan Buha of The Athletic. The Lakers’ and Westbrook’s relationship had grown, “untenable,” and both sides agreed a split was necessary.

“Lakers coaches had grown frustrated with Westbrook’s recent behavior, and he was known to be upset with being openly mentioned in trade discussions,” Amick and Buha wrote. “Both sides were ready to move on from an imperfect partnership.”

https://clutchpoints.com/lakers-news-toxic-end-to-russell-westbrook-era?amp=1

oh, he was also referred to as a “Vampire in the locker room”

Last edited: Feb 11, 2023
  2. Wino

Wino - Lakers Starter -

Retired
    Well, this is particularly good to hear but not sure I agree with it. Plus, it is something that is worth saying, even if it is NOT true. He needs to build relationships and find respect. This seems on the surface to do just that.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  3. NickthaQuick

NickthaQuick - Lakers 6th Man -

That would have made more sense last year but Lebron has been pretty much the only thing holding this team together the past few months. We play at a similar level to the bucks when he's on the court and at a worse level than the hornets when he's off of it so you can't say he hasn't been concerned about winning. Even in the Thunder game where he broke the record we were +8 in the 33 minutes he was on the court and -11 in the 15 mins he was off.

The truth is Russell Westbrook is a bad player at this point and his faults are easily exploited. His new team will find that out soon enough and will eventually reduce his minutes and leave him off the floor in crunch time.

Juronimo and LTLakerFan like this.
  4. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

Like I already said, I'll go with what the guys actually in the locker room have to say, over some "anonymous source " every day of the week. The players leak s*** of thier own all the time.

Not a single one of these guys correctly predicted one single move Rob has made as GM. Yet their word is now gospel on some gossip, due to them being soo plugged in? Negative..it's all irrelevant now, Westbrook isn't here anymore, that kind of attention grabbing stuff is pandering to those that want to hear that type of jazz.

5. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

Westbrook won't be here to talk about moving forward. Lebron ball doesn't work here, never has. It's good for his stats, and the team is usually competitive in games when he's going off, we just don't win much. It's been that way ever since he got here, AD being hurt often is also a big problem. We won't win anything without AD playing at a dominant level, with these new guys either. Rob struck a nice balance IMO, he got Lebron two shooters, and AD two young bigs with defensive ability. I want to see more of an AD focused team in the playoffs myself.

6. FrontOfJersey22

FrontOfJersey22 - Lakers All Star -

Whatever dude. These credible reporters just don’t make stuff up- they would lose their jobs over it. Anyway, you relentlessly flamed posters like me, claiming there was nothing wrong with Russ’ behavior or negative effect on the team. Now the truth comes out and you refuse to admit the reality of the situation. It just further proves the kind of person you are. Carry on in your world of make believe where consequences and responsibility for your words and actions don’t exist.

alam1108 likes this.
  7. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

Yeah whatever..I've never heard of a single " expert" fired over an anonymous sources report. Post a member of the team that has something negative to say about the dude. Other than that, you can stay obsessed with Russell Westbrook. I'm sure we'll have plenty to disagree about in the future. Cao

8. NickthaQuick

NickthaQuick - Lakers 6th Man -

We actually were winning at a great clip when healthy before Russ got here. And Russ ball never won anything anywhere. It’s just good for getting him triple doubles.

But yes we will see how the team does now with better role players. Lebron and AD won’t have anymore excuses to not be competitive

Cookie and abeer3 like this.
  9. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

We haven't won at a great clip without both a healthy AD and Lebron period. Fingers crossed on that for the rest of this season. A big deal was made about how Kyrie and KD only played in 63 games together in the last 3 seasons. Our duo isn't far behind them in that regard.

10. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

Trade deadline homerun, Rob!! Very impressive reboot we have going here.

11. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Before we add water to the flowers we gave him, and we can't answer this until A) we see how long Bron is out. B) how the rest of the season plays out, was it worth the wait?

As expected, the roster construction and coaching ran AD into the ground and then did the same to Bron.

12. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

AD is in his prime, nobody ran him into the ground. He just got hurt in the Finals and has never fully got himself right physically since. Lebron has been hurt every season that's he been here, except for the bubble. He wanted that scoring title and he got it, nobody was going to tell him to sit down, so that he could conserve himself.

That is not on Rob, hell they both got hurt with that "great roster" some folks are still pining over after the bubble didn't they?

Bad luck on the injury front, kills a season period.

13. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Do you watch Laker games this year or just the highlights of a current Clipper?

It is not disputable whether we ran AD straight into the ground this season. That's fact. Anyone who saw the games, the ask, and role he had this year saw the inevitable writing on the wall. Ray Charles saw that. The ask of him from Ham on both ends based on personnel was not sustainable.

14. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

Foh with that BS dude, I was a fan of this team before you were born, I probably have kids older than you.

You post a lot of opinionated dumb s***, like you are some kind of internet Lakers guru or something. You aren't the only one watching games.

AD has played some of the lowest minutes of his career this season. The guy is in his prime, he just gets injured a lot, it wasn't your top 5 coach Vogel's, fault last season or Ham's in this one. Maybe he'll finish this one strong, maybe he won't, we'll see. He doesn't get paid to be protected .

15. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

I bet you can pee while standing farther from the toilet as well. Congrats. I don't think you need to list a basketball viewing resume unless you're insecure on your position. I've been watching hoops religiously for 31 years. I didn't start following the Lakers until Shaq came over. If you caught the Magic, Kareem, West, Wilt, or Baylor years then good for you. I'm jealous. Age is a number, as is years spent watching. There's 20 somethings who break down the game to a level that's over my head -- access and analytics play a large role in that. So if you're able to draw on retirement, that's not necessarily on your side making you a know it all. Maybe as Westbrook’s next agent though, that's a clear runway. With these advanced years, maybe invest in glasses and extending your bedtime to watch the game.

Don't see how that's called for. If it's not for you, there's an ignore button. By all means.

Never claimed to be the only one watching the game or a guru of any sorts (well... maybe of film gifs), clearly TNT wouldn't televise a game just for me. I'm not going to fulfill the return for the ad buys.

Actually... do you know how today's league works? While you're boasting about coming from the get off my lawn generation, that is what today's league (sadly) has become. Load management and teams protecting their investments.

And for the record, you bypassed the question of do you actually watch these games. The takes suggest otherwise.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2023
    Juronimo, ElginTheGreat, TIME and 2 others like this.
  16. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

Yeah..go ahead and ignore me moving forward .I'll keep it the same.

17. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

You don’t get to attack other posters here. I see you have been warned.

ElginTheGreat likes this.
  18. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers MVP -

index.jpg

19. ZenMaster

ZenMaster - Lakers All Star -

I love that you guys are arguing with someone on my ignore list. Makes me all warm inside... for having seen the future.

20. Wino

Wino - Lakers Starter -

Retired
    The one problem with blocking people on this site is that when you see a broohaha going on between people, you only see one side of it and never know who they are pissed at!!??

It's like you are yapping at invisible, nonexistent people!!

sirronstuff likes this.