Rob Pelinka Discussion: He's Scrambling

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by OmarE, Feb 21, 2017.

1. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

You have your opinion, I totally disagree with it.

2. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

No. Your first year coach preached all offseason about looking forward to working with him. Maybe he gets that 21 games is a piss poor sample size. There is nothing wrong with the roster, how would you know today? Nobody has played yet. You don't make some dumb trade before the season starts, for a few role players that might not be much better than we already have. Giving up picks too? That's crazy.

3. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

Great..the upcoming season will reveal who was right or wrong. I stand 10 toes down on my position. It's about AD and Lebron first, every else flows from there.

4. LTLakerFan

Top Poster Of Month

Yes it’s about AD and LeBron first. Your toes better be protected by some steel toed work boots so they don’t get mangled by Russ not wanting willingly to play as Ham wants him to play and/or a blowup with Beverley for getting in his grill.

5. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

Whoopee do man. If AD is right? This team is going to excel. Russ isn't on a Lebron/AD caliber level. idgaf how much money he makes. The players we traded for him weren't all that either. Washington already traded KCP and Trez, shopped Kuz too. I don't see how Westbrook is going to derail a healthy Lebron and AD, that pairing elevates everyone around them, that would include Russ. It will be nice to see a coach that has an actual plan in place to fit his players, over one that was more concerned with sticking to his "system " too. Anyway Lebron/AD win at a 70% clip when healthy, different set of teammates included, let me see that first, then we can quibble about the rest of the roster.

6. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

i love how kuz was shopped but russ wasn't.

Cookie, alam1108 and LTLakerFan like this.
  7. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

Neither got traded so the offers weren't worth the trade idea for either team I suppose . On Westbrook..if not taking back injury risks, or giving up picks, which seems to have been our position, is seriously shopping a guy ok. The Kyrie trade is the only serious move we contemplated with Russ IMO. The rest is some media " experts" pumping up headlines.

8. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

9. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

Again, no one here will disagree that about AD and Lebron.

The argument started at the beginning of the offseason was that you disagreed with everyone claiming Russ was trash last season. THAT was the initial goal post.

Cookie, abeer3 and Weezy like this.
  10. LTLakerFan

Top Poster Of Month

Of course. Your standard reply. Why do you bother when it doesn’t address what was SAID in a prior post? So annoying this Russ topic with you.

If they’re performing and Ham needs to ask Russ to cut more, screen more, defend better on ball, off ball, both, sit during crunch time for any reason or god forbid … for the GOOD of this team come off the bench as a Super 6th Man, and Russ gives the attitude he has always had toward those kinds of types of play it will detract, NOT add to the team effort. Same thing if the hated player who dirty play injured his knee gets into him about any of his typical brain farts …. and he blows up at Bev that also will not add to the team effort. Regardless of what the “two gods” from Olympus are doing.

11. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

No. First off you claim to know what the guy is going to do based off what happened with Frank. Vogel didn't have a damn clue, that's why he got fired in spite of the Lebron/AD situation. I don't recall any front office complaining about Westbrook's attitude ever. What team was this? So to go on and on about what you think the guy is about like it's some kind of fact, is just you exposing that you just didn't like the trade in the first place. That's cool, the FO obviously a different opinion. The two Gods from Olympus are capable of Godly feats..that's why they are Gods.

12. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

I disagreed with the expectations, we needed Russ to adjust his game. Yet our two best players didn't play much with him. Our coach continued to play this dude like he was the third option even if one of the top 2 options weren't available. What adjustments should he have made?So "trash" is relative to your expectations, the guy shoots in the low 40's from the field and 30's from 3 career wise. He's supposed to be a shooter now? Yet he's been to the playoffs 11 out of 14 seasons, and is a 1st ballot Hall of Famer. Perhaps you adjust your game plan to suit his skillset? Especially if your main guys are in and out of the lineup. We didn't do that, that doesn't absolve Russ from blowing layups and missing FT. My two main gripes, the defense, hell the entire team checked out on that one early IMO. Trash no, dissatisfied with his performance that's cool. 18 7 and 7 is not trash, or washed up in this league.[/QUOTE]

13. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    I can't believe some people here think Kurt Rambis is part of the problem. It's like they don't know anything about basketball, advanced stats, marketing, or running a business. And Linda? Please don't make me slap you with my sweaty palms.

Lebron is the issue here. That's it. 100%. Our amazing franchise will succeed post Lebron because we have the right people in place already. They just mistakenly caved to the Narcissist on the worst possible deal in the history of Western Civilization.

(Thanks Bill Walton for that reference)

Other than that, let's see how things go. I still predict, that should he be on the roster, Westbrick will be our best player this year. And by best, I mean most available.

(Thanks Jeanie for that reference)

14. ZenMaster

ZenMaster - Lakers All Star -

Can't tell if serious...

sirronstuff likes this.
  15. LTLakerFan

Top Poster Of Month

Whatever Slick …. yes indeed we’ll see. I hope you’re right about this year but don’t agree with absolving him of his horrible play, brain farts, shi**y defense, bad attitude last season all because of Frank Vogel. You saw Ramona’s tweet. Where did that come from a couple days ago other than from Russ, “being open to a trade but NOT requesting one” wanting to go where he can be “empowered” to play like he always wants to play. MY common sense says it’s his way of saying he wants out, probably having been told by his new agent, same as his last agent that not a good look for his next contract to be traded yet again in a contract of all contract years. I, myself, don’t give a flip what your spin on her tweet is …. don’t think she thought up that wording and pulled it out of her butt. And this is ALL after the new coach who has had all these deep discussions with him about what he needs from Russ (unlike Frank who never [LOL] talked to him about what he wanted). That (to me) does not sound like someone who is happy about how he’s going to be asked to play.

16. sirronstuff

That was my big IF

If he's here.

Definitely might not be. He won't be if Kurt gets his way though. Kurt don't mess around.

17. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

Ramona...the don't have any connections to this FO Ramona? I think the "insiders" all took one on the chin this offseason. Russ..last season was last season, I'm not discrediting your opinion, I disagree with it. I will say this, the Lebron/AD situation aside, with everything you point out, Russ flat out implied that he didn't want to play for Frank Vogel by the benching incident. We fired Vogel, made incorporating Russ a part of our interview process, the coach we hired has talked more about Russ than Lebron or AD. This tells me that we believe that we can win with Westbrook, it's up to him to prove if that faith was justified. I'm not betting against that, especially when I already have two aces up my sleeve.

18. LTLakerFan

Top Poster Of Month

Who said Ramona’s tweet was related to our FO? I’m saying it had to have had its genesis from Russ’s camp …. saying something to someone, if not her, in her circles that she believes.

19. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

I'm more skeptical of these guy's links to the player's LT. Look if Russ wants out to go be the man somewhere right now? Then he's every bit as delusional as you think he is.

20. sirronstuff

why are we talking about Ramona and chins

not nice you guys

:ADnaughty:

but what about Windy?

ZenMaster and LTLakerFan like this.