Rob Pelinka Discussion: He's Scrambling

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by OmarE, Feb 21, 2017.

1. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

yeah, you guys are under contract and the last time i listened to you, we got here.

2. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

I don't think we should have made a bad move like including the pick in a Russ dump, but I don't get lying about it in his presser. If he's trying to show he's the actual GM, he was given the ultimate chance to do so. Instead he lied. Probably over the phone while at the Dark Knight premier with Kobe 6 months before the movie began filming.

3. Cookie

Cookie The Dame of Doom Staff Member

I don’t care if Rob never consults Bron and AD about trades again. They suck GM duties. They are the main reason we are in this mess with Russ. I don’t give a s*** what they think about players anymore.

4. fabfourlakers

fabfourlakers - Lakers Starter -

Glad he didn't do something stupid at the deadline...there was no trade out there to save us. We don't have the assets to make it happen....and we'll be lucky to get out of Westbrook's deal this summer. If we dump Westbrook, I believe we'll have about $17M in cap room, possibly a little bit more? That'll probably allow us to keep Monk at the very least, and then sign probably one other player and then I think we'll have the mini MLE next year that's around $6M?

5. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

We’re so screwed haha, front office lying, players leaking info, coaching staff hates some of our players, players seem tired of coaches

abeer3, alam1108, Casual+ and 2 others like this.
  6. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Well McMenamin seems to be talking out of both sides of his mouth. 2 days ago he was the source for this update that said Rob was consulting with LeBron.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-lebron-james-rob-pelinka-191514325.html

Oh, and look .... see Weezy's post above same time as mine.

7. Helljumper

Helljumper - Lakers All Star -

Student
    So either Rob is lying about them all being “in alignment”.

Or, maybe he told the truth. But Lebron/AD just don’t like the public perception that they’re this involved in the decision making. Especially since the inaction at the trade deadline is so unpopular amongst the fans, Lebron/AD probably didn’t like Pelinka associating them with it.

Either way, not a great look for Pelinka.

The choice to stand pat was the right one, considering the limited options available. So all he needed to do was own that decision, and not bring up Lebron/AD at all.

lakerjones and TIME like this.
  8. Cookie

Cookie The Dame of Doom Staff Member

Or Bron and AD know they are responsible for this whole Russ fiasco and don’t want to take anymore heat about their bad Decision making, in case another trade they wanted didn’t work out. Also extra bonus points by them for making Rob look dumb or being a liar. That way they can get both Rob and Vogel fired because they are too lazy to care about beating a G league Portland team. If you want to get someone fired, at least make a run at Rambis and do us all a favor.

CarolinaLakerFan, KB24, TIME and 5 others like this.
  9. NickthaQuick

NickthaQuick - Lakers 6th Man -

They don't deserve to be in the mix after that Westbrook trade.

lakerjones and Cookie like this.
  10. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    If he lied, well, they forced him to trade for Russ instead of Horseface so fair play… now they should take the brunt of the blame for the team’s failure not Rob

Cookie likes this.
  11. Casual+

Casual+ - Rookie -

Needlessly divisive leak from Klutch

-Everyone knows Lebron/AD played a big part in the Russ trade (leak from FO sources)
    -Everyone knows we're not a contender, no matter what could be had with THT/Nunn and that FRP
    -If Rob didn't consult with Lebron and AD, as stated, well the public is going to see that as a positive given the Russ... um... outcome
    -Therefore, why tell the public that Pelinka lied? Doesn't that just create drama and reflect poorly on the "consulting services" of Lebron and AD, given most people are content with Pelinka's decisions at the deadline.

TIME and abeer3 like this.
  12. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers Legend -

when you make a deal with the devil ("klutch" tax).... this is the aftermath

TIME, sirronstuff and lakerjones like this.
  13. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers MVP -

Management and players is always an issue, all over the league. The Lakers in the early 80s. The 90s Bulls, the 2000 Lakers, the 2010 Lakers, the 2020s lakers, the Spurs with Kawhi, Utah right now, etc.....etc.....etc......

Players and management are always at each others necks about who deserves the most credit. Grown Adults acting like Desperate Housewives twats.

It's everyone's fault. All of them, equally. Bunch of rich cry babies who are softer than wet toilet paper.

lakerjones likes this.
  14. pika1708

pika1708 - Lakers Starter -

I think he deserves praise this week. Apparently we were pretty active which we needed to be, even without many assets.

I trust the reports that teams tried to make us overpay because we were desperate. Because we were. And if we know it, teams know it. And we all know how most teams of the league feel about us.

So he deserves credit for trying and then for not caving in and making a dumb lateral move.

I really think Pelinka is smart.
    He got f***ed by Lebron on Westbrook. I even imagine he was not into it, but that's just my gut. Either way, I trust him moving forward and believe he will be able to make something happen next summer.

TIME, abeer3, ADKOBE and 3 others like this.
  15. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers MVP -

Intelligence has never been the issue. Issues with management and player is decision making.

abeer3 likes this.
  16. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

The only praise he should get is for not digging a deeper hole for himself and the franchise than he’s already helped put us in. That’s a pretty low bar, lol. He already screwed us up plenty this past off-season.

He better do better this summer or it’s his job that will be in jeopardy.

Juronimo and alam1108 like this.
  17. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

yeah, i'm team rob here. "in alignment" can mean a lot of things from his perspective. the alignment could mean that they've all agreed the season is over (hence portland game).

and again, listen to the specific phrasing the reporter/gossip columnist uses: "totally false. they didn't talk on thursday. they didn't give the go-ahead for no moves."

so...what does that mean? did rob say they talked on thursday or that he consulted with them prior to deciding not to do things? could be as simple as rob laid out the options in the days leading up to the deadline and said he wasn't sure anything good could happen and that it might be wiser to just sit tight. and maybe lebron and AD said, yeah that makes sense. so rob does his job and nothing happens.

and now maybe they're being crybabies because they learned we could have traded THT/nunn/2 1sts for eric bledsoe's corpse or something else similar to the season-murdering deal they brokered last summer.

shut up, babies.

18. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

Don't care.

They all deserve the backlash they are getting.

LBJ is signed through next season.

We have AD for a couple more?

Let's evaluate what we have the rest of this year, fire Vogel, get rid of Westbrook and start fresh this next season.

And hopefully everybody is in "alignment" with that on the Lakers and Klutch.

CarolinaLakerFan and abeer3 like this.
  19. KB24

KB24 Administrator Staff Member

Certified Tax Advisor
    Make Rambis the head coach....oh wait..

Cookie and abeer3 like this.
  20. CarolinaLakerFan

CarolinaLakerFan - Lakers 6th Man -

Feel no pity for either 3 of them. They all are culpable for mortgaging our next two seasons for Russ. Especially Lebron and AD who pushed for this. They made this bed, now lie in it.

Juronimo and lakerjones like this.