Random Other NBA Teams Discussion

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by LTLakerFan, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

Orlando has a nice young team...Banchero is the real deal. Franz Wagner is legit too. I would love to get one of them, somehow after Lebron retires

abeer3 likes this.
  2. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

okc's better sooner than i thought, and they're set up for long-term success again:

SGA and holmgren are legit centerpieces.
    jalen williams and giddey look like very high level support players, at worst.
    dort and cason wallace are exactly the kind of guards you want to surround star players at other positions, with wallace potentially being a jrue holiday starter kit.

they basically just need one more 3/4 with some talent to slot in on the giddy/williams tier, then a big with some beef, and they're basically a contender. and they have the pieces to acquire those two whenever they want. SGA is the oldest guy on that list at 25.

only thing preventing them from being a perennial 55+ win team going forward is holmgren's health, imo.

that SGA/paul george trade...yikes...

3. Zoyd Wheeler

Zoyd Wheeler - Rookie -

Watched Bucks@Wiz, and I don't know why. Wiz and Pistons this year: yikes!

Giannis in 34 mins: 42/13/8 with a steal and a block, but 20-23 from the field. I can hear Hubie Brown saying this phrase for the rest of my life: "a high percentage."

Dame was 5 for 14 from the field, but all other Bucks shot the lights out: 58% as a team. Damn.

Shouldda watched Hornet beating the BAGS in OT. BOS is getting cocky 'cuz they're good. Very good. Ticks me off. On a BTB, they barely beat MEM yesterday and lost today, which, by my definition since I was a 10 year old, is a good day: the C-Bags LOSING.

abeer3 and LTLakerFan like this.
  4. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

You can't take anybody lightly at the beginning of the season.

Zoyd Wheeler likes this.
  5. Zoyd Wheeler

Zoyd Wheeler - Rookie -

Bags have biggest point differential in Assn at 10.6, w/PHI at 9.6.

The team with the 3rd biggest point differential so far: OKC. I wouldn't have predicted that at the start of the season. 12-15 games in now.

We're 6th in the West right now, 8-6 and at -1.7 so that stat isn't all that meaningful. I do think the Bags already know they're the team to beat in the East, though.

abeer3 likes this.
  6. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

if boston's healthy, i don't see who beats them. that's a big if with zinger and horford, though. and they need all their top 6 guys because the dropoff is pretty huge.

Zoyd Wheeler likes this.
  7. pika1708

pika1708 - Lakers Starter -

Bridges' case was dropped too. It's a very similar situation. We never know if it's the woman wanting fame and money or the star player not taking a no and abusing its power.
    Nowadays there's also more public information about things as well.

I'm not at all defending Bridges, he threw poll balls to the car as well but my point is that stating that the Lakers are some high power who wouldn't play a player in similar situation is far fetched. It's all about the money. Bridges is too much of an asset to lose for nothing. It's all business

8. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

The more viral clips that come out from Poole this year where he has his own (tank watch) team, the more I understand why someone would feel the urge to punch him.

Ultimately he did score on this play, but how does he not know this?

9. ZenMaster

ZenMaster - Lakers All Star -

Ah my personal favorite dumb move. Dennis used to do it all the time. I never understood why.

10. pika1708

pika1708 - Lakers Starter -

I also don't get why the clock runs in those situations but it doesn't in the last 2 minutes

sirronstuff and abeer3 like this.
  11. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

bridges pleaded no contest; kobe's case was dismissed.

not sure a domestic partner stands to make more money from faking being beaten (also, photos) than a random person has to gain from claiming assault.

pretty sure a star athlete beating the daylights out of their partner would have garnered attention 20 years ago, too.

i'm guessing a fair amount of teams would have just let that guy walk and get a fresh start somewhere else.

that it's a business is the point. the smoke is going to follow him--especially if he keeps acting the same way (e.g., hurling pool balls at cars).

i don't know what the lakers would do, but i do know that the situation isn't nearly as similar as you're suggesting.

JSM and LTLakerFan like this.
  12. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

One of the longest on going feuds in the NBA: Foster vs CP

13. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

I hate Paul but Foster is a dirty scumbag. Dude is "drunk with power" in that short clip. Perfect character to be a NBA ref.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2023
    abeer3 likes this.
  14. Zoyd Wheeler

Zoyd Wheeler - Rookie -

It's Black Friday as I write, but a red letter day for me: the C-Bags LOST in ORL. Going into the 4th, they were down 3 and ORL outscored 'em 36-22 in the final stanza. "Live by the 3; die by the 3" was true for the damned Bags as they shot a Laker-like 7 for 29 from deep, and went down.

Wagner Bros put up 44 for ORL.

So: I've already had a good day. Bracing myself for the long road slog that starts tomorrow in CLE. Will AD be able to bang with Jarrett Allen?

abeer3 likes this.
  15. Zoyd Wheeler

Zoyd Wheeler - Rookie -

Happy Holidays for the Holiday family. Man: good hoop genes there, for sure:

Justin Holiday this year with Nugs: $3.2 million
    Aaron Holiday with Rockets: $2.3 million
    Jrue with Bags: $36.9 million

abeer3 and LTLakerFan like this.
  16. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

A piece of paper ended his season is about as bad of luck as you can get.

The floor dips after that edge (some claim there's a hole there), regardless that's s*** luck. Shocked it didn't happen to a Laker role player.

Zoyd Wheeler and abeer3 like this.
  17. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

Damn..Orlando and Houston have both been a surprise this season.

abeer3 likes this.
  18. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

[​IMG]

Not only is it frustrating watching him just cook but the fact he's playing 40 minutes out there while our rookie isn't healthy enough or NBA ready enough to even play.

abeer3 and Kenzo like this.
  19. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

How many minutes would Ham give him as a rookie?

abeer3 and Kenzo like this.
  20. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

houston's only a mild surprise to me. i knew that hiring udoka and bringing in some vets meant that they were putting winning games ahead of player development. they desperately needed a floor general type pg so that green could be a sg and just focus on scoring. i'm surprised they're defending as well as they have, though. i wonder if that keeps up all year.

orlando has surprised me a lot, though. i thought guard play would be an issue for them, mostly because none of them are great shooters, but they're making it work. i knew banchero/f. wagner/carter were a good frontcourt, though. bit reminiscent of some of the early melo denver teams maybe, which banchero playing the melo role?

good question. he'd have had to beat out both christie and reddish for the non-reaves minutes. also, knock 15% off his three point percentage here.

i really wonder if we took jhs in part because we knew he couldn't shoot worse from three.

Zoyd Wheeler likes this.