President Trump

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion and Philosophy -(FORUM CLOSED)-' started by TIME, Jan 20, 2017.

1. BangBoomPow

BangBoomPow - Lakers Starter -

It is 2020 and your strategy wouldn't work because you can't claim the president has committed an abuse of power and obstruction of Congress TEN months later after you found out. It obviously was never going to work and this was just an attempt by the Democrats once again, proving their incompetence. It always bugs me that people think Bernie can change the status quo but I'm guessing you're fairly young (~20) and not yet fully employed yet. Once you start paying taxes, you'll be amazed at how much your views begin to change.

2. Sentient Meat

Sentient Meat - Rookie -

I'm talking about both control of Congress as well as the Presidency... Trump should have been impeached but Dems should have seen it was impossible to make it happen. It was bad strategy even though correct in principle.

I'm older but I truly believe in prioritizing healthcare and education over military spending. I've paid plenty of taxes over the years.

Your livelihood revolves around money. You sound like you do well for yourself so you should just own the fact that you like how things are for yourself and don't really care about the rest of the population.

Where I take issue is when people try to tell me that policies which are good for the wealthy are good for the common man. The corporate and estate tax cuts were a bait and switch where the rich have a permanent cut which probably will never be restored and safety nets such as Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security will be severely compromised in the long run for a tiny short term tax cut for the middle class.

The rich won... yay. So just own that, instead of trying to claim it's somehow better for the world.

3. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    unstoppable train

JohnnyComeLately2k6 likes this.
  4. KareemtheGreat33

Brow-beater
    This conclusion is reached because of media bias. I used to believe this but after 2016 and learning about fake news, I reached the conclusion Democrats are hypocrites, perverts and thieves, unlike Republicans who are only thieves:LLLLLebronlaughing:

5. Sentient Meat

Sentient Meat - Rookie -

Your beloved President is a hypocrite, pervert, and a thief and the Senate supports him.

I have no problem with people calling the Democrats names but you're deluding yourself if you think Republicans are not guilty of the same.

Fake news? Where do you get your information? Whether it's MSNBC, CNN, or Fox News they are all full of sh*t

What passes for journalism these days is nothing more than propaganda owned by the wealthy.

6. KareemtheGreat33

Brow-beater
    I'm not American lol and I don't watch your mainstream media anymore. They're evil and insidious, maybe the reason they favor the Democrats

7. Sentient Meat

Sentient Meat - Rookie -

8. John3:16

John3:16 Moderator Staff Member

CEO - Big Baller Brand
  9. Wino

Wino - Lakers Starter -

Retired
    well, the press is always right and they DO get to have it both ways!! In fact last time I looked they proved the world was flat and they were right. It must be, they said it!

10. revgen

revgen - Lakers 6th Man -

Lakeshow85 likes this.
  11. revgen

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tr...efense-border-wall-veterans-homeland-security

Just hours after I mention spending, the administration comes out with this.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
  12. Sentient Meat

Sentient Meat - Rookie -

How is cutting social safety nets for a pointless border wall, more military spending, less taxes on the wealthy, and a space program a good thing?

This is terrible and will only exacerbate income inequality even more.

Helljumper likes this.
  13. revgen

Pointless border wall? 76,000 illegal aliens crossed the southern border in February of last year alone.

Read the article. Only $2 trillion of the proposed $4.4 Trillion is for "non-defense discretionary programs". And what's being cut won't be from Medicare or Social Security. I'm not sure what "safety net" the headline is talking about, unless they may mean HUD, which is a program, not a safety net.

I'd like more cuts to defense spending, but that's unlikely to happen under a Republican administration during an election year.

14. John3:16

John3:16 Moderator Staff Member

CEO - Big Baller Brand

Were you this upset when Obama spent $1.7 billion (that's a B, no typo) on the ObamaCare website. A website. GoDaddy could've done it for $29.95.

$1.7 BILLION!!! For a website. Trump is making necessary cuts and liberals get mad. He expands the debt, liberals get mad. Creates jobs... you guessed it. Mad. Unemployment at 3? Pissed. DOW and Nasdaq set records? Mad.

Lakeshow85, Wino, sirronstuff and 2 others like this.
  15. Sentient Meat

Sentient Meat - Rookie -

I was disappointed by Obama even though I voted for him. He talked a good game but was no different than any moderate Democrat or Republican.

At least Obama didn't go around half cocked pissing off the world though.

Lakeshow85 likes this.
  16. BangBoomPow

Life expectancy is going up under Donald Trump. Likely reasons? People are going from unemployed to employed. Due to the border wall and enforced border security, there are fewer drugs being smuggled into the country. It's so funny people are saying Trump's trade policy is destroying America when China is grasping and holding on to dear life.

The cuts, as stated, are coming primarily to the food stamps and federal disability benefits. Meaning, no more abusing food stamps and no more benefits if you are legally able to work.

Anyways, Trump knew the Congress wouldn't vote to pass this bill so it's a negotiation tactic for him. You start low and then negotiate to reach a meeting point. It's common sense. He's a businessman who understands how to get what he wants.

Pointless border wall? It has worked. Catchings past the border has decreased significantly. Those claiming asylum now must reach the first area they are closest to and apply there. The days of millions of migrants trekking across Central/South America to reach the United States are mitigated by this.

But it always bugs me when people think more money = better. Pumping money into a terrible program only ensures fraud and corruption. HUD is one area that needs to be heavily revamped. I know a friend of mine who still lives in a $700 rental in Williamsburg because his parents received it two decades ago and the price still hasn't changed. His parents moved out long ago and it's just him living their alone... All at the expense on other taxpayers. I don't blame him but stuff like this is heavily abused.

In other news, the stock market reached new highs despite this corona-virus taking out 3-4% of gains. Trump wins the phony impeachment. Democrats are out and about still looking for an excuse. Pelosi will be removed as Speaker come November. And the best part about all of this is Americans are doing better today than they were three years ago. That's a fact and that is what matters the most.

Lakeshow85, Wino, sirronstuff and 3 others like this.
  17. BangBoomPow

They're trying to blame Trump for everything bad in the world as if these inconsistencies weren't present during Obama's reign. Heck, Trump didn't start all of these problems. There are nearly 50% of Congress members trying to impeach and attack him for every little thing that it's impossible for Trump to get anything done under normal circumstances. It's pathetic. Imagine if these Democrats actually tried to work with Trump. They'd get a lot of what they want and the country would be far healthier and stronger. Instead, Trump has to work double-time to get half of what he wants done. Laughably dishonest Democrats.

Lakeshow85, Wino, sirronstuff and 3 others like this.
  18. revgen

19. KareemtheGreat33

Brow-beater
    Democrats with their hypocrisy... I'm sure mini Mike with his money will get the Dem nomination, an actual racist lmao

Lakeshow85 and revgen like this.
  20. Sentient Meat

Sentient Meat - Rookie -

Oh, and Bloomberg sucks too.