President Trump

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion and Philosophy -(FORUM CLOSED)-' started by TIME, Jan 20, 2017.

1. BangBoomPow

BangBoomPow - Lakers Starter -

As if there aren't obvious differences in them climbing a clearly fabricated scenario compared to one where many of the elements aren't available in the actual wall...

Lakeshow85 and sirronstuff like this.
  2. ZenMaster

ZenMaster - Lakers All Star -

Way to miss the point. Just for you, though. The point is, Trump lied. Again.

sirronstuff likes this.
  3. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    what a nonsensical thing to lie about as well

4. BangBoomPow

I'm way ahead of you, buddy. I didn't miss the point. You're just wrong.
    1) Trump didn't lie. They didn't climb the wall, did they? Unless one panel is a wall, I guess a piece of drywall sticking is also a wall.
    2) How fitting that your lovely video crops out the part where Trump was referring to DRUG TRAFFICKERS not being able to climb the wall.
    <------- Here is the video in which a second before he was saying it can't be climbed, he was referring to drug traffickers who had previously climbed the wall. He wasn't referring to mountain climbers!
    3) Part of the wall involves heat, border security such as patrol officers and drones, and other technological features that would be able to detect if the wall is being breached such as sensors. Also, your video is clearly a joke since the square panel used on top of the "wall" can be bypassed by the climbers grabbing onto the side of it. The objective of that square panel is to line up with each other so you can't use your fingers to grip the side of it and pull yourself up. So how in any way is your video evidence that they "climbed" the wall when first off, he never said mountain climbers couldn't climb it and also, the replica wall isn't even the same wall?

16:10 of that video, he literally states that the mountain climbers said that they were the hardest to climb. So what evidence do you have that he said mountain climbers couldn't climb it?

Ahhh, I get it. You're the type of person who watches snippets and cropped up versions of an HOUR long conversation and think you have it all figured out. Great work!

5. ZenMaster

ZenMaster - Lakers All Star -

With all the BS you've been speweing around here, figures... Save you breath, I am not arguing with the likes of you. => Ignore list.

Obviously not directed @RonStu

sirronstuff likes this.
  6. BangBoomPow

Great response. Shut out the people who are correcting your blatant ignorance. I guess CNN is on 24/7 in your household..

7. sirronstuff

thanks for posting the video from the border, good to hear both sides in complete clips vs what the media sometimes want you to see

The personal attacks aren't necessary. At the end of they day, everyone usually wants what is best for the country. Unfortunately, there are very differing views on how to make that happen or what that looks like at the end of the day, but there's no reason to be insulting here.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2019
    Lakeshow85 likes this.
  8. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

fox news is real news!

9. revgen

revgen - Lakers 6th Man -

10. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

this was my favourite part of the hearing today. eat **** gym jordan

this is pretty much how the GOP sees it

GOP's: None of these witnesses spoke directly to Trump, so this hearing is a farce!

Also their defense: None of the President's inner-circle who spoke directly to him should be allowed testify before the House because this hearing is a farce!

yup, that sure sounds like the GOP in 2019

Lakeshow85 likes this.
  11. revgen

revgen - Lakers 6th Man -

So the person who filed the complaint against the President shouldn't testify, but the President should? The President can't face his own accuser? That's the definition of a farce.

Lakeshow85, John3:16 and sirronstuff like this.
  12. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    Eric Ciarmella is the whistle blower. Having CIA in his name is so ironic lmao

Lakeshow85, John3:16 and revgen like this.
  13. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
  14. sirronstuff

I don't even know who the competition is, but I don't consider Bernie or Biden to be competition. Neither should be president of the US.

But our pipeline is weak if those are our best options, period.

Lakeshow85 and LTLakerFan like this.
  15. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Hillary is now saying never say never. Of course. What a joke all the way around both parties.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
    sirronstuff and Lakeshow85 like this.
  16. Sentient Meat

Sentient Meat - Rookie -

I'd literally vote for any Democratic candidate except Hillary.

Lakeshow85 likes this.
  17. John3:16

John3:16 Moderator Staff Member

CEO - Big Baller Brand

Even someone like Bernie, who couldn't pass a basic Economics class, even if it were taught by Obama ?

Or what about Warren who lies about her heritage to get a job and claims she was fired for being pregnant ?

Or Harris who just keeps promising more free stuff. Oh wait, that isn't just her. It's the entire Democratic field.

revgen, sirronstuff and Lakeshow85 like this.
  18. Sentient Meat

Sentient Meat - Rookie -

All I know is that in our bizarro version of the universe, universal healthcare works in every developed nation except for ours.
    That we rank 37th in life expectancy in spite of having some of the best medical schools in the world.
    That we routinely donate money and military aid to nations like Israel that have universal health care, but somehow cannot afford it for our own people.
    Watch network television for one hour and count the number of pharmaceutical and financial industry ads.
    Then ask yourself if it's reasonable to expect news agencies whose existence is predicated by said revenues, and whether it's reasonable to expect us to receive unbiased information from a media owned by big money, with institutions such as the Washington Post now owned by Jeff Bezos.
    9/11 killed 3000 Americans.
    The Vietnam war killed almost 60,000 Americans.
    Lack of affordable medical insurance kills 30,000 to 40,000 Americans annually.
    This means we've lost the equivalent of 9 Vietnam wars since 9/11... but we are worried about random Arab or Mexican attacks over our own government?
    Come on, man... it's common sense.
    We can afford healthcare and education if we stop manufacturing wars to feed the military industrial complex.
    The Arab threat is a boogeyman we've created to keep diverting money from helping our own citizens.
    It's becoming more real due to the fact that we keep bombing them into oblivion.
    And both Democrats and Republicans are complicit.
    Maybe Bernie isn't Alan Greenspan, but as the old Bob Dylan saying goes, it doesn't take a weatherman to tell which way the wind is blowing.
    Stop wasting money on war and put it into helping our own people.

Lakeshow85 likes this.
  19. Lakeshow85

Lakeshow85 - Rookie -

This was actually a cleverly funny moment. Didn’t know the Democrats had a sense of humor. They always seem so serious. :giggle:

John3:16 likes this.
  20. Lakeshow85

Lakeshow85 - Rookie -

While I don’t believe universal healthcare can work, I get the sentiment. I think our healthcare is way more nuanced than just saying universal healthcare will fix it. Most of the healthcare issues we have are caused by our lifestyles (drinking, smoking, eating bad, not being active enough, doing drugs, etc.) Universal Healthcare works for small countries. No country with the number of people we have (~330M) has universal healthcare. If our population was 1-5% of what it is now, then it would more likely work imo, but we just have too many people. In order for it to work imo, there needs to be some form of privatized healthcare along with a government based type care.

Maybe all preexisting patients, terminally/chronically ill, and those unable to work would be taken care of, but all healthy people and able bodied workers get privatized healthcare.

I agree 100%

John3:16 and Sentient Meat like this.