President Trump

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion and Philosophy -(FORUM CLOSED)-' started by TIME, Jan 20, 2017.

1. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    Media Today

Big Mamma Jamma and John3:16 like this.
  2. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
  3. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

lol @ the clinton conspiracy BS

epstein was under DOJ supervision which is headed by trump's personal henchman bill barr. don't think the clintons have any friends working in the trump administration

4. revgen

revgen - Lakers 6th Man -

Technically, Epstein was under supervision of the Federal Bureau of Prisons.

The head of the bureau is Hugh Hurwitz, who was appointed by Barr's predecessor Jeff Sessions.

The warden of the MCC is Shirley Skipper-Scott, who curiously was named in a lawsuit in February by a MCC prisoner who suffered a head wound after being stabbed by another inmate.

https://www.casemine.com/judgement/us/5c715d1e342cca67d9445a7c

5. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

so how does this "make america great?"

6. Lakeshow85

Lakeshow85 - Rookie -

I'd assume it gets rid of unnecessary restrictions and regulations, but I'll do some research.

7. Lakeshow85

Lakeshow85 - Rookie -

Doing a quick search of the ESA and just looking at it for what it labels itself as, logically it looks to help endangered species and animal preservation which is obviously a great thing to do for the animals who in most cases if not all are helpless, however, it does this essentially by restricting and/or regulating land owners and government agencies from building on land that is generally in the vicinity of a particular species. It is in place to prevent deliberate harm to the animals by the idiots who do so just because they can. There are penalties in place for violating these laws, however, if the animal is killed in self defense or by accident there is no penalty which in and of itself is weird to me because if the goal or premise is animal preservation then the Act fails, in essence.

With all that said, it never said Trump was doing away with the Act, it said they were "going to change how it is applied". Man, you jumped out of the plane without the parachute.

John3:16 and revgen like this.
  8. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

yeah, they're "going to change how it is applied" by weakening it

9. revgen

revgen - Lakers 6th Man -

There are two groups of animals listed under the ESA. Threatened and Endangered. Originally, the ESA was supposed to be a two-tiered approach. There were separate rules/regulations for each group. Threatened was less restrictive. Endangered was more restrictive. That changed under the Obama administration which treated both categories the same way. Trump is returning the ESA back to it's original stated goal.

Lakerman JSJ, Lakeshow85 and John3:16 like this.
  10. Lakeshow85

Lakeshow85 - Rookie -

Exactly. Like I said, jumping without a parachute. :eek:

revgen likes this.
  11. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

why change something that's been working though? as the article says, the current ESA has helped save species such as the sacred bald eagle and grizzly bear

sounds like yet another example of the trump team changing something simply to undo what the obama administration did

12. Lakerman JSJ

Lakerman JSJ Moderator Staff Member

Discussions would be far more productive & civil if the first instinct wasn't to always assume bad intentions on the opposing side.

If you think this administration makes decisions solely to "undo what the obama administration did", then your premise is flawed from the jump and discussing issues like this is pointless.

13. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

here's a NYT article from june showing 83 proposed or in progress environmental rollbacks since trump became POTUS. note how many of those rollbacks are for obama-era regulations. stuff like eliminating direct regulation of methane from the oil/gas sector for example. simply no reason to do such a thing and no legitimate explanation offered by trump's EPA

its pretty obvious that reversing a lot of obama-era environmental policy has been one of the trump admin's goals from the start. and for simply no good reason aside from the fact that the obama admin was responsible for it

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/climate/trump-environment-rollbacks.html

14. Lakeshow85

Lakeshow85 - Rookie -

Yeah, it has nothing to do with the fact that through history Presidents from different parties have always undid some of their predecessor's policies, since, you know, they believe different things. Obama undid some of Bush's policies, who undid Clinton's policies, who undid Daddy Bush's policies, etc. It's all party-related. You gotta learn how to be impartial.

Wino, Big Mamma Jamma, revgen and 3 others like this.
  15. Lakerman JSJ

Lakerman JSJ Moderator Staff Member

I won't pretend to be an expert on every aspect of environmental policy, but I do know that as a small business employee (& owner), Obama's over-regulation in other areas stifled economic growth for a lot of us in the small business arena, so it stands to reason that he over-regulated in other areas as well. Though, I can't comment specifically on these policies because I don't have the time or energy to investigate all of these.

My original point still stands: If you assume bad faith/motives on the part of your political opponents by default, our political discourse is dead.

revgen, John3:16 and Lakeshow85 like this.
  16. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

sure. as long as there's a good reason for whatever policy you're reversing or making changes to

something i'm not finding in regards to a lot of these obama-era environmental regulations being done away with under trump

Lakeshow85 likes this.
  17. Lakeshow85

Lakeshow85 - Rookie -

Well it's not just the environmental policies, he has been "de-regulating" a lot of the Obama policies, not doing away with them. Government regulations hurt small businesses, jobs, consumers, entrepreneurs, gun owners, and just about every other category you can think of. The government should be very limited in what they regulate imo and Obama went crazy with them.

18. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

What an unbelievable f****** moron.

I can’t wait for this clown to be out of office. I know they’re all corrupt, lying politicians with policies most people will hate and we’ll all mock, but at least give me one that isn’t a f****** joke on the world stage and embarrassment to humanity itself on top of all that. At least give me one that isn’t a reality tv star who lives in a little bubble of yes-men and is clearly mentally off somehow.

sirronstuff likes this.
  19. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

its hilarious how he can't just admit he's wrong even when it comes to the absolute dumbest sh** like this. truly remarkable

he must've thought the map was a kids menu from TGI Fridays

Weezy likes this.
  20. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    Trump will win again. So better brace yourself if you are not a fan.

Lakeshow85 likes this.