Playoffs - Round 1: Lakers Vs. Denver. Let's Freaking Go!!

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by VladeD714, Apr 16, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fabfourlakers

fabfourlakers - Lakers Starter -

Bro nobody gives a flying f*** about Boston's titles in the f***ing 50's and 60's!!!

Nobody that actually cares about NBA counts that s***. The titles you win in TODAY's NBA is a lot more heavily weighted and it SHOULD be more heavily weighted. The Nuggets winning is not good for us - esp if we're losing to them every year!

2. PurpleAndGold88

PurpleAndGold88 - Lakers 6th Man -

Nah ! That comparison ( Kobe/ joker) is far far away! Joker has a long way to go to even getting close to sniffing Kobe’s jockstrap. Y’all laughed at me when I said if Steph wins 4th media will say he is better than Kobe . Nuggets won’t be a dynasty even if they win this yr ! They are barely dragging their feet to the finish line , they are not exactly destroying anyone so far . I am more worried about c bags start winning bunch than nuggets . C bags have been knocking on the door for many yrs now , they are serious about winning a title even maybe 2 or 3

3. PurpleAndGold88

I think by load management he means We took too many games off thinking all we need is a play in spot and we can beat anyone . They never played hard enough to secure a solid 6th seed.

4. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

sure, but they'd still have 18 titles to the lakers 17 if they were to win. why would any lakers fan want that?

5. PurpleAndGold88

say that to C bags fans and they will tell you Minn Lakers don’t count either lol those effers want blood man ! It’s more than basketball to them . Nuggets fans are just fairweather fans

6. fabfourlakers

But we've won way more than Boston in the modern era of basketball so I literally don't care what any C Bags fan says, go ahead don't count our titles in Minnesota and we'll not count theirs in the 50/60/70's and guess what, we're well ahead of them still. They have 6 titles from 1970-present. We have DOUBLE their amount at 12 since 1970. If we do it even further than that, and do it just from the 80's which is when NBA became more "modern" - we have 11 titles and they have 4!!!! ONLY FOUR TITLES SINCE 1980...and 3 of them came in the 80's for them!!!

FrontOfJersey22 likes this.
  7. fabfourlakers

I just think counting 11 titles from the 50's and 60's and using that as the reason you're the greatest franchise on earth is f***ing insane. They're nowwhere near that imo. I got the Bulls, Warriors, Spurs and HEAT all head of the C Bags. Poverty a** franchise.

FrontOfJersey22 and KuzmoBall17 like this.
  8. PurpleAndGold88

I think Most Lakers fans think we have a better shot at winning multiple titles sooner than C bags C bags might win a fluke title but we will pass them so no biggie . Tatum is way overdue

9. KuzmoBall17

KuzmoBall17 - Lakers Starter -

I said before if Murray wasn't injured in 2022 playoffs GSW would not become a champion, no talking about dynasty or how Curry is almost a GOAT and Denver would try to three peat this season.But I think Minnesota will eliminate them.And I don't hate Murray i actually envy Nuggets that they have such a player and he's never been to All Star game.

sirronstuff likes this.
  10. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Yeah .... DAMN!! .... what were the odds of that?

11. wallangong

wallangong - Lakers 6th Man -

Oh wow, Magic with a moronic take. Shocked.

In a season where AD played 76 games and a 39 year old Lebron played 71, not sure the load management angle is the way to go.

12. PurpleAndGold88

PLAY-INS are for girly men ! REAL contenders finish 1-6 I am with MAGIC on this one

sirronstuff likes this.
  13. Casual+

Casual+ - Rookie -

Gotta love how that was Murray's worst series of his career but he happened to hit those two massive shots (granted we probably lose in overtime).

14. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Yeah but "load management" as we normally talk about it .... how is his Captain Obvious (typically) brain using the term?

15. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

den our new juggernaut....they're the new utah to our 90s team

16. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

i mean, the minneapolis lakers won titles in the 50s that we count towards our total. just because there were less teams or whatever, doesn't mean a title isn't legit

Juronimo likes this.
  17. PurpleAndGold88

Wrong choice of words for sure .

LTLakerFan likes this.
  18. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

19. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

it cut off at the end (and i have to go do things), but i'm curious as to what jj said next. denver's the better team. ok, so what now? not that i wanted to keep ham, but if they're so obviously superior, what is changing the coach going to do?

i think denver has the best player, and they have confidence and continuity. but outside of their top five, they're pretty s***ty, imo. they did not replace bruce brown's production/role, and they were weaker than last year. so i tend to fall more where lebron did--what if that game 2 doesn't happen. they had some lucky bounces in crucial moments. if one of those doesn't happen, they gave up HCA against lebron and AD, and i think doubt starts to creep in. lebron knows that; you can hear it in his voice. we were much closer than it seems, this year and last.

the other thing i'll say now is that AD hyping continuity on his way out this year was very interesting to me as well. what does "keeping the core together" mean to AD? just him and lebron? can't be that...we've done that. who else is the core to him? reaves? probably. rui? vando? dlo?...

denver kept their primaries through years of failure and broke through. the 2011 mavs were kind of like that in ways, too, imo. when do you decide it's not enough? or is that always a mistake as long as you have two viable stars? this makes me think about sacramento. i think they've maxed out what they can do. so what's next? you can't move on from fox or sabonis, but you run the risk of being the lillard/mccollum blazers again.

i'm rambling now, but i think the market is going to prevent the kind of wholesale roster changes the fans want, but i think that could end up being a positive, tbh.

20. FrontOfJersey22

FrontOfJersey22 - Lakers All Star -

What the hell is Magic talking about???
    Dude just needs to STOP.

Cookie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.