Playoffs - Round 1: Lakers Vs. Denver. Let's Freaking Go!!

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by VladeD714, Apr 16, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

and he's just saying all that s*** to bait people into a reaction. he can talk all he wants since they keep beating us anyways

if anyone's insecure it's their fans, but i guess you can't blame them considering how many times in the past the lakers crushed their title hopes

2. CarolinaLakerFan

CarolinaLakerFan - Lakers 6th Man -

MPJ season stats: 16.7 ppg., 7 reb, 48% FG, 39.7% 3Pt
    Vs Lakers in Playoffs: 22 ppg. 7.6 reb, 53% FG, 44% 3Pt

We lost the series by only 11 points total. Let him cook.

Juronimo and VladeD714 like this.
  3. Zoyd Wheeler

Zoyd Wheeler - Rookie -

We picked a bad game to miss 9 FTs. 66% from the line.

Ah, well. I was wrong: we did win a game.

I was also wrong: I thought DEN would blow us out in a game. They didn't.

I'm still not quite sure how AD got that stung on what looked like an almost nothing-shoulder bump from MJP. If AD's not hurt we're facing Game 6 in LA. I'd say he was a shadow of himself after that "stinger", but that would be an insult to shadows.

Man, what a piss-cutter.

4. wallangong

wallangong - Lakers 6th Man -

Malone and Murray are so unlikable. It’s clear they’re insecure about the fact that outside of Colorado, nobody cares about them. Nobody watched this series because of Denver. Ratings were all about the Lakers. Jokic obviously couldn’t care less, but this clearly eats at Murray and Malone.

Would love to see Ant send them home crying.

5. Zoyd Wheeler

Zoyd Wheeler - Rookie -

I'm not crazy about Kyle Anderson or Rudy, but that's beside the point for me: whether it's DEN or MIN; beat the damned C-BAGS in the Finals. (Could OKC do it? I don't think so, but if it's them I'm a huge OKC fan for around 12 days or whatever.)

I can't see the other LA team or DAL beating the Bags. Just please West teams: kick Bag azz in the Finals.

My feeling is DEN is still the best team in the West. That we gave them five close games in the first round? Of course it hurts. My personal feeling: if we had a healthy Vando we knock off the reigning champs. A healthy Reddish would've made our D even better. But Vando's injury was a huge blow to us.

MIN has looked very good. Maybe they're better than DEN. I think maybe they're hungrier, whatever that means. We'll see.

I'm now in that mourning phase for the end of a Laker season.

6. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

don't care who comes out of the west

just don't let boston win a f***ing title

Cookie, Juronimo, Kenzo and 5 others like this.
  7. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    We fought despite obvious handicapping from Ham

Cookie, Juronimo, Kenzo and 3 others like this.
  8. wcsoldier81

wcsoldier81 - Lakers All Star -

The inability to rebound sent us home .

9. Zoyd Wheeler

Zoyd Wheeler - Rookie -

The nightmare of Aaron Gordon under the basket. The nightmare of doubling Joker and he gets rid of it, to someone else, who hits a wide open MPJ at the arc for a 3.

I confess I dislike MPJ for the quality of moronic things he's said to the press in the past. Just a peeve of mine. I confess I dislike Malone for all the d***ish crap he's said about us. He's a little man who's a good coach, but if you told me, "Malone is a friend of Martin Scorsese and has had small roles in seven of his films," I'd think for a few seconds before calling you on some BS...'cuz he seems like a plausible guy in a Scorsese film. Some warehouse run by the Mob: there's Mikey getting in his line: "Let's get this s*** outta here!" Ya know? The slight lisp is perfect, too. Hey, maybe his team will get "whacked" by MIN; maybe not: gotta beat the Bags, though. All I ask.

I don't get the heat AR's getting for his defense: I thought he did a really good job on Murray in the series and his D keeps improving. You can't blame two game-winners on AR.

D-Lo really needed something a little better than 2 of 10 from 3 in Game 5. Hate to say it, but I think he's gone by Aug 1st. Don't know who we'll get to play his role. Hope it's not Trae.

The missed FTs in Game 5, man. Damn. We missed 9. You need those in Game 5 with your back to the wall. You also need a healthy AD in the 2nd half.

So many things can go wrong on the quest for a chip. Some seem like unforced errors, like having a 3rd rate coach. Others are just bad luck: like AD's injury.

Ah, well.

LTLakerFan and abeer3 like this.
  10. fabfourlakers

fabfourlakers - Lakers Starter -

Sorry but I don't want Denver to repeat as champs so I'd actually rather have Boston win it at this point if it came down to it. The denver nuggets if they win again,c ould be in line to win it AGAIN the following year...and now they're in Lakers territory. Sorry but I've never looked at Boston as that team...they've won ONE championship in 2008 and before that it was the 80's...like nobody gives a f*** about titles before that time. But what if Denver just starts winning every year? What if they're the new Warriors? Or heck...what if they're the new Lakers? 3-peat, plus a back to back? Idk...we gotta be careful on who we choose to win it all...If it's between C Bags and Nuggets? I'm rolling with C Bags because I don't think they can repeat next year (they had crazy luck with health this year). Denver on the other hand? They could win it again next year and maybe even the year after that! Think about the age of Jokic/Murray/MPJ/Gordon/KCP. It's 29/27/25/28/31. Everybody is either in their prime, or they're just about to enter it (MPJ).

11. fabfourlakers

ANd yeah, MPJ might be takign that 'next step' right now in the playoffs...and if HE becomes that all star type of player? Denver will be winning it every year for a longgggg time (I think MPJ was THE difference in this series)

12. PurpleAndGold88

PurpleAndGold88 - Lakers 6th Man -

meh Denver doesn’t bother me ! Seeing An A hole in a C-bag jersey walking around Westwood Bothers me . Seeing a c bag fans in LA is a slap in the face .

13. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

Denver, Minny, OKC or NY winning it all would be OK with me. Also, Dallas, because I have a huge respect for Luka, but they won't get there.

PurpleAndGold88 likes this.
  14. wcsoldier81

wcsoldier81 - Lakers All Star -

15. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

no

just no

Cookie, Zoyd Wheeler, Bryant and 5 others like this.
  16. PurpleAndGold88

PurpleAndGold88 - Lakers 6th Man -

17. fabfourlakers

Oh trust me, it WILL start bothering you when the discourse becomes "is Jokic better than Kobe all-time" or "are the Nuggets the better franchise" or "Are the nuggets the best dynasty ever". Trust me, those conversations WILL start happening. I literally don't give a s*** about the C Bags cuz like I said, ONE championship in like 30 years is pathetic. The Nuggets tho? They could win 3,4,5 titles very quickly if they win it THIS year. The only real threat to them out west is Minnesota. After that? It's a cake walk until the finals and I do not see Boston beating them either (they're 0-2 against Denver).

18. fabfourlakers

Yes. Just yes.

We'll revisit when the Nuggets start winning MULTIPLE titles every year and we lose to them EVERY year no matter who we bring on.

The C Bags are SO irrelevant to me now...they were relevant only for a short time to me in 2008-2010 but after that, I didn't care much about them and still don't. Their fans are annoying but we know Boston ain't the type to win MULTIPLE in a row or go back to back. Denver on the other hand??? They can be that team and we do NOT want that!!!

19. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

lmao

literally no one is going to debate whether or not the f***ing nuggets are the historically better franchise than the lakers. come on now. a title or two won't change anything

boston, on the other hand, will actually be the historically better franchise if they were to win another title. i'll take 10 straight nuggets titles if it means the C Bags won't win another one before the lakers

20. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Oh wow now "Been Knifed in Back" himself chimes in ..... with a "load management" blast? Considering all the deserved and other logical terms and reasonable explanations being written and spoken, I wonder what he is going on about here?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.