Passing Of A Lakers Scam

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by trodgers, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

This is one of the strangest thing I have ever encountered online. If we didn't have months of proof building up in front of our eyes I wouldn't have believed it myself. I genuinely felt down when we found out Roos was supposedly sick at CL and that he has supposedly passed away here. And some here were much closer to him than I was and genuinely grieved his passing. To fake something like this, to continue an insane charade, it's sick, it was too much.

Kenzo, 432J, Battle Tested20 and 2 others like this.
  2. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    The internet...

Kingsama, ZenMaster and 432J like this.
  3. Punk-101

Punk-101 - Lakers Starter -

do we think he was ever really sick? probably not huh? he played it off like he was taking the super aggressive painful treatments. jeez!

4. Barnstable

Barnstable Supreme Fuzzler of Lakersball.com Staff Member

I don't think we can believe anything he's ever said. We have proof that he was lying about some things he claimed about himself as Bonk, other than being Roo's cousin.

5. davriver209

davriver209 - Rookie -

Police Officer
    So his purpose for faking this stuff? I mean we don't need personal details or anything... But what was the motive? Did he explain himself? Isn't he an older gentlemen? I thought he was highly praised here? I need some more explanation here...

6. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

from everything i remember seeing on CL and things he said, i also was under the impression that he was up there in age

but after all this i'm inclined to believe the opposite. so for all we know he could've been some bored teenager

7. thkthebest

thkthebest Administrator Staff Member

No, I don't think Roo lied about his age. I do believe he's an "older" guy. I also think he's a knowledgeable guy.

But, he is a very, very stubborn guy. He hates change. He likes to argue and never concedes a point. He favors the "good old days" and anything from the past over the up and coming / new.

i.e. He'd say that the past generation was more fundamentally sound than this generation. The older guys did this. The younger guys can't do that. The old forum is perfectly fine. We don't need a new forum with better everything. Etc. etc.

8. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

So, let me get this straight. A guy, that pretend to knew everything about basketball... and life, a guy that had various "cool jobs", guy that saw everything and everyone, guy that was "an expert" in almost every CL thread faked his own death and then pretended to be his own cousin?
    That is some f***ed up stuff. I would go to see a doctor if i was you Bonkers (i know you're reading and probably... no, im not gonna go there) ;).

9. ZenMaster

ZenMaster - Lakers All Star -

Bizarre is the word that comes to mind.

Truly bizarre.

Battle Tested20 likes this.
  10. Barnstable

Barnstable Supreme Fuzzler of Lakersball.com Staff Member

I'll elaborate on what thk said, give you all a bit of insight on the timeline and our relationship.

You all saw us argue, but don't know the depths to which Roo and I didn't get along. He's said numerous times in PMs back on CL representing us almost as rivals (he liked arguing. Thought of it as fun competition), so coming to my website probably would have been like admitting defeat in his eyes, even though I wouldn't have restricted him from coming over. Or maybe he thought I wouldn't allow him here, who knows.

He said goodbye on CL, claiming to be sick RIGHT when I announced opening LB and everyone came over here. Then his "wife" contacted Trodgers to say Roo died, once CL was truly a ghost town. But then interesting Lakers news started happening, the draft and free agency, and he wanted to talk with the best Lakers community online, so that's when Bonkscooter appeared.

tada, 432J, Battle Tested20 and 4 others like this.
  11. pound4pound

pound4pound - Lakers Starter -

he wasnt an expert in faking deaths

12. FreeThePeople

FreeThePeople - Rookie -

Interesting. Bonk definitely had a similar kind of insight as Roo, I could see that.

13. ThizGuy83

ThizGuy83 - Rookie -

Medical healthcare professional
    I dont understand the point of faking a death just to communicate on here? Very weird. Talk about extreme

14. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

Barns pointed out that there were a few on the staff that had run ins with bonkscooter including myself. When Barns opens up a new site with a handful of bonkscooter's "rivals" from CL, he probably figured he'd never talk to us again. He fakes his death as a convenient way to get out of moving to the new site. Then the site is fantastic and we have all the best Laker posters around so he can't help but come back.

John3:16 and Barnstable like this.
  15. ThizGuy83

ThizGuy83 - Rookie -

Medical healthcare professional
    Pretty much speechless with how he went about it. I did notice with how bonk wrote on here reminded me of rooscooter. Lol turns out it was him.

16. pound4pound

pound4pound - Lakers Starter -

i also noticed that i would read a couple of bonk's sentences then ignore the rest and would keep on scrolling....just like idid do with roo's posts at CL

17. John3:16

John3:16 Moderator Staff Member

CEO - Big Baller Brand
    FWIW, if I fake my own death, I expect flowers from all of you. And Hallmark cards. And Laker tickets. Courtside tickets. Not those nose bleed tickets.

lakerjones, scnottaken, GNC and 6 others like this.
  18. Doc Brown

Doc Brown - Lakers Starter -

Doctorin'
    EL OH EL. Sick bastard. I was hoping something was going on behind the scenes because sooner or later I was going to be the a-hole that called him on it. Thank God others noticed as well. Posting style, opinions, etc. was exactly the same.

I always thought he was full of s***. I hope he's restricted from posting on message boards in the psych ward because that's where that dude belongs for a long time.

19. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
    I could also see that by saying he was very sick around the same time that Barns announced the new LB site that he might have gotten a little jealous or wanted some more attention his way. I can't say for certain that is why he brought it up that he was very sick, but it makes sense to some degree.

therealdeal and Barnstable like this.
  20. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

Naw... A mellow, introspective soul like yourself? You don't seem the type who would bring up someone's posting history and say "now, lookie here!" :giggle:

Seriously though...not a pleasant situation all around. Awkward noticing things then not sure as how or what to say about it without being fully certain.

Kenzo, RasAlgethi, John3:16 and 2 others like this.