Optimism Discussion: The Laker's Sky Is Not Falling

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by therealdeal, Jun 20, 2016.

1. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    wrong thread bro

:Kobe Snickering:

Helljumper likes this.
  2. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

hard to be optimistic with that moron ham at the helm

3. KuzmoBall17

KuzmoBall17 - Lakers Starter -

Home teams are 11-0 in this season playoffs.So nothing to worry yet.Just win 2 home games ,no matter how in blowout or nail bitter like yesterday,and go from there . Don't look this Denver team like unbeatable juggernaut from last season

sirronstuff likes this.
  4. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

10$ says, we'll break that streak :D

5. fabfourlakers

fabfourlakers - Lakers Starter -

We've been up double digits in BOTH games on the road agianst arguably the best team int he league. We head home where we were a much better team than on the road. We haven't had Rui/Reaves play well yet, and DLo/Bron/AD have all been pretty good. I expect that our guys will get game 3 and finally get this monkey off their back against Denver. It took the Nuggets surging back from a 20-point lead and a couple of bad calls and a TOUGH jamal murray step back jumper at the buzzer for them to put us away...

lakerjones, KuzmoBall17 and abeer3 like this.
  6. KuzmoBall17

KuzmoBall17 - Lakers Starter -

Refs for today
    Josh Tiven
    2023-2024
    General
    Jersey Number 58
    Games Officiated 69

Home Team W/L 42-27

Marc Davis
    2023-2024
    General
    Games Officiated 65
    Home Team W/L 37-28

Mark Lindsay
    2023-2024
    General
    Jersey Number 29
    Games Officiated 64

Home Team W/L 39-25
    It's not Scott Foster,but all three refs are big homers .

7. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

one more game to end what's been a really rough season for me as a fan. just super disappointed with how it played out relative to my expectations. basically the opposite of last year.

but it's almost over, and my expectations will be in the cellar next year again!

wallangong, Cookie, Juronimo and 2 others like this.
  8. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

I think it is very important to set the bar low. This is what I'll do:

[​IMG]

9. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

that rabbit is my new spirit animal.

Cookie, Juronimo and karacha like this.
  10. Pioneer10

Pioneer10 - Lakers All Star -

The vision o had for this team was lot of Wood and Vando like he played when he got hurt.

Both of those guys fix a lot of flaws of the roster. 8/9 man rotation with Dinwiddie is a championship level rotation but never got to see it. The fit made sense as well Wood is the exactly the sort of big you would pair with Vando

abeer3 likes this.
  11. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

phx getting smashed using the three-star system gives me some hope that our front office will think twice about pursuing max players who aren't really max players.

12. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers All Star -

Vogel sucks too tho.lol there is that. What max players are we chasing, that aren't really max players?'

Boston has 4 guys making 30M or more, best team in the League.

Denver has 3, Milwaukee too, even Miami is a million short with Hero from being there. Nothing wrong with spending money.

13. Slick2021

Maybe..still couldn't afford a D'Angelo no show in any series IMO.

14. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

I’ll take it

JSM, abeer3, LTLakerFan and 2 others like this.
  15. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

16. wcsoldier81

wcsoldier81 - Lakers All Star -

I think this could go 7 IF Lakers don't beat themselves .

Imo Murray has been injured and there is little he can do to shoot better

sirronstuff likes this.
  17. wcsoldier81

wcsoldier81 - Lakers All Star -

The 3 stars system isn't the problem imo , the 3 stars system with guards who can't defend is ..

KD wrongly believes offense wins you titles ( he said it on Twitter) so it explains why he wrongly associated himself with Kyrie and Harden then with Booker and Beal ..

As for the Lakers , a trio of Bron-AD - Trae/Mitchell wouldn't work , a trio of Bron-AD-Butler/Jaylen Brown :)sick:) on the other end ..

18. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

your weird fixation on a coach who won us a title continues. and you like westbrook. go figure.

trae young. i know, your internal sources say we're not (just like they told you we weren't trying to trade westbrook). but we are.

only two max guys (brown and tatum). and they have 4 over 30 million (also lucky that tatum's max deal is nearly 20 million per year less than lebron's). i didn't say 4 stars with good fit and continuity was bad. i said three guys and rotating vet mins is going to lose.

you also continually discount that two of our maxes are HUGE maxes. lebron and AD make almost as much as tatum, donovan mitchell, and jamal murray combined.

actually only one big max guy there (jokic). salaries are 51/36/36 for those three. this allows 23 for gordon and 15 for kcp. they also drafted their three, which allows them to build continuity and not have to clean out the roster to get one, firing up the vet min cycle.

middleton not max. jerami grant money. mpj money. i'm fine with that.

again, non-max player making non-max money is fine.

tell that to alex caruso.

JSM, Juronimo and LTLakerFan like this.
  19. Slick2021

Meh..not so fast professor ...

Vogel did suck.he rode the wave to a chip tho. I always gave him that. He deserved to get fired too. A 10-31 finish, is still 10-31.

I guess you'll be shocked then, when the "insiders " confirm that Trae Young was never on the menu. Put something on that one, I'm game.

Yeah and Boston's payroll is still almost 16M over ours right now. And it's not like Brown and Tatum, aren't where they are, due to time in the League, they will continue to rise in salary,as they go along, Holliday too.

Denver's payroll is still higher than ours right now, and Murray is on an expiring deal next season. He'll shortly be joining Jokic, meanwhile Porter Jr is almost at 40M himself.

Milwaukee has the 5th highest payroll in the League
    Giannis and Dame are 49M a piece, Lopez and Middleton are at 54M.

Miami still has a higher payroll than we do too. Granted BAM, isn't AD caliber, but Hero and Rozier are at 54M and 57M for the next two seasons.

Caruso got jobbed by Rob,it's just what it is. Rob may have tried to fluff it up, but Alex said that Rob went for a sign and trade when Minnesota made their offer, and never even responded to the Bulls offer at all. That was a Rob decision to keep Tucker over Caruso from the jump.

I guess it's no point of discussing the fact, that the Lakers are 8th in payroll this season, and teams like Min, Mem,and Dallas are going to be coming up, right there with us next season.

But we are doomed, because Lebron and AD are max players? Gotta be willing to spend that money man, it's not like, the other teams won't.

Rob could have bumped up D'Angelo's salary, he could have kept Walker, Bamba or Beasley to keep salary slots in play. We didn't, that might be on Jeanie, but it's not a realistic viewpoint moving forward. We put ourselves in this position.

The salary cap will continue to rise, we need to spend that bread,or get left behind. Lebron is running put of time, and if I was him, it would be FOH on taking some kind of lower than value contract,in order for the Lakers to penny pinch.

Westbrook's 47M was an asset, we flipped for 3 players. We let one walk already, it's possible that we'll see another walk this summer. Blew a draft pick and still let Bev walk,and Bamba,and Walker. We gotta do better than that. We are too cheap to go after Young, but standing pat counting on Reaves,Vanderbilt Rui and D'Angelo at those salaries, isn't the move either.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2024
  20. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

you keep saying teams have a higher payroll than we do. yes, i know. this is part of my point. we cannot and will not spend enough to have three max guys on the roster.

caruso got let go because we were concerned about payroll. period. if there were no payroll concerns, he'd be here. THT and caruso isn't either/or unless money is an object.

the bulk of your post actually supports the idea that we can't afford three max guys. tbh, unless you draft them, almost no one can put a contender on the floor that way anyway. again, look at phx. that's the better version of us with westbrook, and they're getting blasted in the first round.

Chillbongo likes this.