Optimism Discussion: The Laker's Sky Is Not Falling

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by therealdeal, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

I like this guy’s take

JSM, SamsonMiodek, Wino and 12 others like this.
  2. CarolinaLakerFan

CarolinaLakerFan - Lakers 6th Man -

I was convinced before the game that Miami’s starting 5 matched up with us extremely well, and would give us trouble. Not even the case. Folks, we’re pretty doggone good.

Wino, Cookie, abeer3 and 2 others like this.
  3. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

I'll say it again: the D is incredible. At least we can always rely on that.

JSM, TIME, Wino and 6 others like this.
  4. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers All Star -

I didn't. It's a bad match up for them. Lakers have three guys who can pretty much shut the lane down. And they have perimeter players who actually run them off the 3s or challenge it.

The only reason why the Lakers didn't blow them out from start to finish was because KCP and Kuzma killed any momentum to go on runs. KCP is pathetic. Lakers need to trade him or stop playing him during important bench minutes when AD and Lebron are sitting down.

Kuz on the other hand looked like he didnt know how to play basketball. I dont know if he is tired from playing so much defense, but if it's just stamina, he should get out of his funk when his energy is normal again.

5. Barnstable

Barnstable Supreme Fuzzler of Lakersball.com Staff Member

I’m glad someone is recognizing it. Kuz’s defense has been pretty good coming back, and gotten better with each game he’s played as he’s gotten to know and trust his teammates. He hasn’t been the weak defensive link that he was before. Not putting him on Centers has helped as well lol.

His offense will catch up eventually once he gets in game shape, but I’m super encouraged that it looks like he’s addressed his biggest flaw.

6. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Our shooters looked like shooters. Daniels was on fire for a stretch and Cook's J was looking good as well.

And more importantly KCP was only in there to f*** things up for 4 whole minutes. His rightful role in the rotation.

7. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Good ball movement

Coincides with Rondo's return. Coincidence?

On an unrelated note: KCP has played 12 TOTAL minutes in 2 games. That's simply beautiful to see.

sirronstuff, Weezy, Cookie and 8 others like this.
  8. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

It's not like KCP did not get a chance. He just can't play, unfortunately. Take the money and sit on the bench!

KB24, sirronstuff, Cookie and 3 others like this.
  9. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

There was so much to be optimistic about after last night's game. First, well, we're still in first in the West after facing a very lively and capable Suns team on the road in a playoff type atmosphere. Sure it was back and forth but we pulled it out without overworking Lebron or AD and it was entertaining throughout.

Rondo coming back did exactly what he was supposed to do - relieved the lack of the playmaking issues with Lebron out and even when he was still in. That was great to see. Now hopefully Rondo will A. stay healthy, and B. not play TOO many minutes out there. I loved the minute restriction and at his age and given his tender calf and achilles I would hope that Vogel would not push him too far. We need him for the playoffs so the coaching staff should bear that in mind in terms of regular season PT.

The return of the Kuz. Wow, did he look better last night. He was attacking with aggression instead of settling for threes with dead legs. Obviously we don't need him to score 20 plus a game, but just him being a threat to do so is huge for us and should bolster our bench scoring. He looked like himself.

We saw the whole team in action (minus Daniels of course) and it looked pretty darned good. That's a contender right there. Now if we can Iggy we would shore up our last whole in the roster - a lockdown wing defender off the bench.

Overall it was an excellent showing for us and I could see us winning a ton of games health prevailing.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
    alam1108, Cookie, Kenzo and 8 others like this.
  10. D-Fish Man

D-Fish Man - Lakers 6th Man -

In other good news, we don't face a playoff team until December:

upload_2019-11-13_13-30-31.png

Hopefully we can use that time to claw back some of AD's minutes, if needed, and in the meantime load up on Ws.

11. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

that's actually bad news. you don't want so many expected wins in a row. in fact, i bet pop would strategically sit both stars in at least two of those games just because you KNOW you're going to take an unexpected L once or twice in that stretch.

i'd rest them both at SA and NO, just for troll's (pop, NO fans, respectively) sake. but they'll probably sit AD at memphis and vs. washington.

alam1108 likes this.
  12. Juronimo

Juronimo - Lakers Starter -

plays with one's and zero's
    Ludabrow got to load manage and lebron got to sir the 4th and we won regardless. GS is a a bad team but it's still good that our superstars where able to take it easy tonight.

13. lakerjones

TCB tonight! Got it done and made it look easy. Oh yeah, Dudley played well out there as well. Nice to see.

14. CarolinaLakerFan

CarolinaLakerFan - Lakers 6th Man -

Good to watch Golden State get theirs. Don’t pity them one bit.

15. Juronimo

Juronimo - Lakers Starter -

plays with one's and zero's
    We are beating the teams we're supposed to beat.

16. lakerjones

We are rolling right now! Best record in the league, yeah I'll take it. Such a fun game to watch last night.

17. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

Better than Magic’s version last year, but Mamba’s was by far the dopest so far. I’m guessing Kareem or Worthy will have honors next season.

As for how the Lakers will look into picking their unis this year...

Per The LA Times:

“The Association Edition or white uniforms, we try to wear those on Sundays and holidays and we’re going to wear those uniforms 21 times. The Statement Edition or purple uniforms, we try to wear those on Wednesdays and we’ll wear those 17 times. The City Edition, which are coming out next week, will be worn at home only 18 times because it’s endemic to our city and we’ll wear those on Fridays. And the most popular uniform is the Icon Edition or gold uniforms, and we’ll wear those every other time and we’ll wear those 26 times.”

If the Lakers make the playoffs, they are expected to go back to a more traditional model of gold at home, white if the game falls on a Sunday or holiday, and purple on the road — with the understanding that if their opponent chooses to wear a dark uniform at home, they would wear gold.

Lakers fans will have to watch their team wear purple at home only three more times this season and won’t be subjected to it if the Lakers return to the postseason for the first time in seven years.

18. raviator

raviator - Rookie -

10 games above .500 since...since....a long time ago!

JSM, alam1108, LTLakerFan and 5 others like this.
  19. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

It’s been a decade since I enjoyed a Lakers team this much. I expect every game we go into to be a win, even if we have to gut it out, I have missed the feeling so much. Feels so good to have 2 legit stars and a solid cast of defenders and capable players/vets around them.

JSM, BigDan24, Barnstable and 8 others like this.
  20. Punk-101

Punk-101 - Lakers Starter -

We’re not even a well oiled machine yet, chemistry wise. It’s getting better and better, but once we’re really clicking, watch out!