Official Wmc Thread: Um Those Too Many W's! Fix The Tank!

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by puffyusaf#2, Oct 4, 2014.

1. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

Watching Randle get hurt pretty much ruined my entire week. Might have a shot at that Top 5 pick afterall. This season is going to be awful.

2. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

the pick was looking pretty safe even had randle been healthy. I don't see how people look at this team and don't think last place. look at Utah's, sac's, and minny's roster (the other bottom feeders). they're better on paper.

the difference now is, like last year, there's almost nothing interesting to watch. once again, a bunch of one-year contracts, and the prized young player won't be out there. so, it's watch kobe struggle against aging, and watch lin and boozer show you why their teams paid to get rid of them. oh, and watch the media descend like a pack of jackals to lick the bones clean...

Ryanwestlombardi likes this.
  3. DjBelvedere

DjBelvedere - Rookie -

So it's Byrn Sctt ? No O'? haha ...

ZenMaster likes this.
  4. ElginTheGreat

I thought we would miss the playoff again, but I was guessing around 35 wins. Now I think that was at least 10 too many.

I will not be listening to any sports radio or watching Espn today. Just can't take the avalanche of pot shots that is on the way.

5. Ryanwestlombardi

Ryanwestlombardi - Rookie -

Retired
    I get NBA league pass solely so I can watch the Lakers. 6 installments,1st $ 30.00 payment made. If things do not begin looking better, each month I make that payment I will need to find a way to vent my anger. Lord have mercy, 3 years of this, suffering thru the Howard year, being totally disgusted with his play and attitude. Last year...uuugh....now this.

6. Punk-101

Punk-101 - Lakers Starter -

Players get tested for PEDs. Owners should get tested for voo-doo. My first suspect is Dan Gilbert. Seriously, ever since his crybaby letter to Stern about the Lakers, who has had better luck than him and worse luck than us.

7. KB24

KB24 Administrator Staff Member

Certified Tax Advisor
    same ish, different year.

8. raviator

raviator - Rookie -

I'm usually over optimistic by nature, but I gotta admit the way things went down last night, hard to be positive about anything Lakers right now. Our defense got chewed up, our offense looks like a JV high school scheme, and we lost the reward for suffering last season for the year. Now it feels like we're just waiting for the next injury to happen sending us further spiraling into the basement. This just sucks.

9. GNC

GNC - Rookie -

At some point our luck has to turn... right? :banghead:

10. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

This might be the lowest day of my Laker fandom. Losing to the C Bags in '08 was tough, but I knew we'd get them the next time. Kobe going down 2 season ago with the achilles was tough, but I knew he'd be back. This time, there were 2 or 3 bright spots this season, Randle's development, getting to see Kobe's 2nd to last season, and Byron Scott. Now Randle is out, Kobe will kill himself to get us 30 wins, and if these injuries don't stop, Scott has no chance to make a real impact this season, he will look bad no matter what.

lakersyunowin and ElginTheGreat like this.
  11. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

It's depressing no doubt. Nowhere near as sad or scary as the day Magic called it quits though. This one doesn't even rate for me compared to that. We didn't think Magic would have long to live. Thankfully things turned out fine in the end. And in this case Randle should be fine physically so it was less intense to me than Kobe's Achilles which was bound to diminish his career. This may not have a truly adverse effect on Randle beyond just the lost time for development. Losing a whole year is awful. But yeah, I'm down personally about it because he really was the shining bright hope of this season - watching him blossom hopefully under the tutelage of Kobe and Byron. It's terrible for us as fans and for Julius. But hopefully he'll be back at totally full strength next year as James Worthy was after this injury. It just cast a pall on this entire season whereas we were all pretty upbeat about in the pre-season.

12. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

Magic's announcement goes down as one of the saddest moments really in all of sports. Obviously it's easy to look back now and say it was sad, but at the moment it was a death sentence. Nobody knew if he'd live let alone play ball again. Just Earth shattering stuff.

Randle's injury might not be the same, but the organization is in almost a worse spot. As a personal story it's really not that bad, but collectively with the rest of our terrible luck... it just feels strange how things have gone for us. It really does feel like a curse and I think that's where the fan base is right now. What can we do we change this? It's not just the old guys getting hurt, but the young ones too. The ones who are supposed to be bulletproof.

No, this doesn't measure up to Kobe's Achilles or Magic's announcement, but as an organization on a downward slope I was hoping we'd stopped the skid. Turns out there's still further to go to rock bottom.

ElginTheGreat and lakerjones like this.
  13. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

^^ Yeah, sadly it does feel like we're cursed or snake bitten. It started with the Mike Brown hire (our own FO's fault), then the nixed Pau trade (Stern's fault), then the Nash injury which was freaky, then the D' Antoni hire while sticking a knife in Phil's back, then Kobe's achilles, then Coward bailing, then all of last season, and now our big hope Randle. It does totally suck and it's like pouring salt on our wounds for our top 10 pick to break his leg this way. The timing is awful because I feel like we finally got over the suckitude of our last two coaches and now we get hit with another round of injuries to knock out any kind of enthusiasm. Guess we just have to get over it. I hope that Swaggy P can come back with some fire and add a much needed spark to the bench and that Lin and Davis can play up to their potential. That and maybe we fill out the roster with a couple adds to help us out.

Daloyalfan18-Brandon likes this.
  14. five6two

five6two - Rookie -

Can't believe things keep getting worse. It's uncanny really. I'm usually always trying to look on the bright side of things but man, where's the sun here? I guess watching Kobe going for 30 a night (maybe) is the best thing to look forward to.

15. Perdurabo

Perdurabo - Rookie -

The Kobe injury was on MDA, who ran Kobe into the ground. The MDA hire was on Jimmy.

The Randle injury was not really a fluke, considering his history. We rolled the dice on him and we lost. Hopefully he'll come back 100% next year.

We rolled the dice on Nash too and we lost. And we lost out draft pick so we're screwed this year in the draft. The Lakers aren't professional tankers, so we won't get that pick this year.

Not much we can do about bad luck though.

My WMC was Scott. He was out coached by Lurch of all people. No perimeter D, and no perimeter O. I hope he improves.

16. Weezy

I don't think we have to tank to get our top 5 pick back. We suck. And if Kobe has to push himself to carry us, he's gonna get hurt, and if that happens, we are the worst team in the West.

17. Perdurabo

Perdurabo - Rookie -

I agree we suck, unfortunately.

But there are professional tankers out there that will find a way to out-bottomfeed us.

18. Weezy

I don't see it that way really. Last season sure, but this season I think we're even worse than the Jazz and Kings, and possibly than the C Bags, and Magic. Only the Sixers are for sure worse, the Bucks, maybe.

19. ElginTheGreat

Right now, I would not pick us to beat anyone.

20. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

I don't see us winning any games soon. Our opponents in order for the next couple weeks: clips, warriors, suns again, hornets (maybe?), grizzs, pelicans, spurs, warriors, hawks, rockets, Mavs...

I don't think we need to try tanking, it'll happen on it's own.