Official Whine, Moan, Complain Thread 19/20-CLOSED "WE CHAMPS!"

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by puffyusaf#2, Jul 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

you're starting to lose substance, bro. i get it; you expend a TON of energy being the positivity troll around here--and i appreciate it!

your boys are on the clock, though: this summer passes without major fireworks, and one can argue jim and mitch would have had us in the same or better position.

the pill. it is bitter.

shoe, ElginTheGreat, alam1108 and 4 others like this.
  2. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

You're the guy I'm glad we have staying true to your core beliefs in regard to the front office. Honestly impressive "grit" (Byron would be proud). Like sirron ... (come back Dude) if within sound of my voice .... was about LBJ and his baggage and the physical risks of his game potentially starting to suffer. I honestly do hope you are as right about this as he was about LBJ because it just looks different to me. We talk about eye tests and these include observations we all have.

Looks really like to me Magic and Rob maybe got the Big Heads a bit and tried to be cute in building the roster once they got LeBron. And bleep them for letting an equally to other teams also imposing Big Man of our own with mad skills in Brook Lopez get away. Dumb Slowbro nickname notwithstanding. And then stupid with multiple times getting accused and even fined about tampering s*** and the total f*** up with trying to orchestrate and force a trade of our entire team for AD who had 1 1/2 years left on his contract. After it didn't work with PG and then Leonard as well following that.

And in doing that literally killing the morale and likely any future good will in contract negotiations with any and all of our talented young players. Hell Rondo was pissed too, regardless of how some are now off of him. I keep thinking of the original Planet of the Apes movie's closing scene with Charleton Heston's character on horseback riding on the beach and coming across the head of the toppled Statue of Liberty half submerged and realizing the planet had been nuked in the painful words, "Goddamn it you blew it all to Hell". So I really do hope you are right. We've never had so many people here or at Clublakers stating they were close to just quitting watching with what's happened since the first of the year and additional seemingly awful personnel moves.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
    Cookie, alam1108, sirronstuff and 2 others like this.
  3. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

Losing substance? Please...

How bout staying consistent?

Magic/Rob: sold quick on DLo (who even with some MambaMentorship chose the Swagee way of life) and on Jules (who asked out)

Meanwhile y'all ain't selling quick on a FO only a full year together on the job. Laughable.

Magic/Rob: sold quick on Mitch/Jimmy guys... heck even their own guys with TB & Svi. They suck at player development...

Meanwhile they also held onto our kiddies in a Paula trade (nowhere does it state oh girl coulda been had with the #2 pick and/or BI)...a Kawhi trade and even an AD trade.

So which is it? Develop or sell? Y'all say they f***ed up by selling too quick. Y'all then turn around and say they f***ed up by not selling the farm. Then y'all say they f***ed up by turning to cap space since teams ain't eager to trade with us. Yet another laughable take by y'all.

Jimmy/Mitch: no free agents...not a one gave us the time of day during free agency. Meanwhile in Magic/Rob's short tenure, you had Paula, Kawhi and AD forcing their team to trade them to us. Even if it's using our name as leverage, not many top 10 guys were doing that under the Jimmy/Mitch regime.

But it's fine...hatahs gonna hate. It's the hypocrazy that's infuriating...but I got better s*** to do with my time then trying to convince anti-Laker conspirators that my pro-Laker conspiracy theories are worth listening to on a goddamn Laker website.

#BawlOut

trodgers likes this.
  4. trodgers

trodgers Administrator Staff Member

Professor of Humanities
    Dumped assets meant win now. It’s not inconsistent to dislike moving DLO and holding onto other youth. It’s like, “Should I save this money or spend it?” Then you buy a house that needs a roof and refuse to spend to fix it. That’s what the Lakers are doing right now.

5. vasashi17

DLo matured no doubt...props to him!

Here tho, with a young coach like Luke and young teammates like Zo, Kuz, Hart & TB in addition to the youngns we already had...and Nick Young...does he turn a new leaf or is he of the same (ice) vein?

DLo was injury plagued last year. If we're going to hold off on the Moz dump till Bron commits, does BK accept the same package last summer? Did we know Bron would be coming alone last summer when he's never done that before?

Y'all act like shedding $25m I annual salary is easy. Was it easy for Morey with Anderson and nearly 3 years on his deal when they were going for Melo (who was an easier get and dealing with the not so savvy NY FO)? Was it easier for Memphis with Chandler? For NY with Noah? For ATL with Baze? For Phx with Knight? Btw look at all those teams and how trash they are...Mitch/Jimmy handed out two such contracts that summer.

When you get a new job, you're either going to start fresh or clean s*** up! Magic/Rob want to start fresh, but that s*** that needs cleaning tho...

trodgers and LTLakerFan like this.
  6. LTLakerFan

But Smash Bros and not hanging onto Lopez is like moving into that new house (LeBron landed) and then making bad design decisions and not fixing the roof (no shooters or back up starting quality Big Man) before this year's rains started.

abeer3 and trodgers like this.
  7. vasashi17

^^^Has outshooting the dubs worked?

The only that has, is matching star power: Bron/Ky/Love vs Curry/Klay/Dray in 2015/16
    The dubs were 1st in fg% & 3fg%, while the Cavs were 10th & 8th respectively.

Bron plus shooters wouldn't have done s*** this year. I'm sorry, it just wouldn't.

The goal once Paula pulled up her skirt and ran off with Russ, was to stopgap, make the playoffs and hope to play spoiler while we wait for an opportunistic trade at the deadline or wait to lock our remaining cap up this summer.

Not making the playoffs with Bron wasn't part of the plan obviously. But neither was playing a healthy roster for 11 games total.

8. LTLakerFan

Well one or two in place of Lance and Beasley (Brook included for stretch and real size) would certainly have helped us trying to get to the playoffs more than those two guys. Now they've canibalized yet two more young players with lots of promise in Zu and Svi looking too late for shooting in Bullock and Muscala. Seems like an admission they screwed up.

Khmrp likes this.
  9. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

uh, moving the young talent for leonard, george, or davis isn't dumping them. moving them for a late first and/or a player we don't plan on keeping is dumping them. nothing inconsistent there.

everyone and their mother called the stupidity of the non-lebron offseason as it was happening. this isn't monday morning quarterbacking.

not sure how you can confidently state that lebron and shooters wasn't going anywhere when lebron and shooters has ALWAYS gone somewhere. you mean they weren't beating GS? man, if that's your only goal, it's going to be a sad fan-world.

as for FA wanting us, it's cute that we've been used as leverage to force a trade (thrice, none of which landed the star in question here, btw), but that happened under the old regime, too. one of those guys already re-upped elsewhere. another seemingly has no plans to even talk to us in july. the other one isn't a FA until NEXT JULY--when moz and deng would have been off the books. of course, deng will now still be on the f***ing books because we stretched him for the extra cash to offer durant, who's almost certainly not going to talk to us, either.

so, yeah, we moved off or refused to sign useful players in order to sign stopgaps and then bid at demarcus cousins and khris middleton?

if durant, leonard, thompson, or irving doesn't walk into that 38 million, rob and magic should be fired. not cousins, not jimmy butler, not some other consolation prize that we'll be told was the plan all along. and not somebody in 2020. we could have gotten that without all this fuss.

trodgers, tada, shoe and 6 others like this.
  10. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

All these points are spot-on. And no Monday Morning Quarterbacking from me. Here's my first post regarding the trade.

http://lakersball.com/threads/dangelo-russell-discussion.971/page-470#post-174549

The other thing that all those points don't touch on is what you do to team chemistry. If you gave me last year's team right now with the way the records are this season (meaning last year's team at 29-30 this season), I'd like their chances to make the playoffs better than this current team's.

tada, Cookie, abeer3 and 1 other person like this.
  11. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

they cleaned up some s***, and brought in more s*** to replace the old s***....same old s*** lol

alam1108 and sirronstuff like this.
  12. vasashi17

Till GS self implodes, you construct a team to beat or at least compete with the champs.

Everybody got a token big man to compete vs Shaq (Smits, Dikembe, MacCulloch)..till, an undersized Detriot team (highlighted by a 6-9 Ben Wallace at center) with hard nosed D made a stand (Malone injury and Kob trial withstanding).

2014/15: Dubs 1st in fg%/3fg%
    15/16: 1st again in both
    16/17: 1st/3rd
    17/18: 1st again in both
    18/19: so far this season, 1st in both

Only team to beat them (and it took 7 games) were the Cavs who were 10th in fg% and 8th in 3fg%. Cavs didn't have success with them outshooting them, although the Ky/Love injuries hurt in the 1st go around. It was star power matching up against theirs that finally did them in: Curry/Klay/Dray vs Bron/Ky/Love

When KD hopped on board, it hasn't been close. Houston came close last year forcing a game 7, but that team was 15th in fg% and 14th in 3fg%.

So no..you don't beat them by outscoring them. It's proven.

We don't have the star power this season, so if we went into the playoffs and wanted to play spoiler, shooting want going to do it. Try another route and roll the dice, instead of rinse, washing and repeating.

Even if we wanted to go the shooting route, premium shooting wasnt really available on 1yr deals last summer.

But it sure seems that y'all have all these players not heading to LA based off what one skirt did last summer. Of course y'all want to remained boxed in with the shooting narrative....yall the same folks boxing us out with players not wanting to come here. Why do I even try convincing you guys, when clearly all the free agents are for sure not coming to us this coming summer haha. Such negativity as a Laker fan...not cute.

Btw, I've seen you applaud Logo the Consultant. Their dumping of Blake for Tobias (who is 4 years younger) only to be dumped for cap space this coming summer was applauded by you and Darrell aka khmrp. Yet Magic and Rob need to get fired for not pairing Bron with another top 10 talent within 2 years... inconsistent!

13. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

The f*** up was letting go of Brook; top 10 in blocks I believe this year and over 100 made 3's; a perfect fit for Bron. He could a lot of different things that we need right now; that was stupid.

Also, the Zu trade - that was moronic.

We better land some pieces this season...

JSM, alam1108, Cookie and 1 other person like this.
  14. vasashi17

Absolutely dumb! I got no beef with folks pissed with the Zu, TB, BLo boot.

We f***ed up there and the cap ramifications were trivial. No amount of biblical anecdotes can spare the FO from blame in this regard.

JSM, Cookie and LTLakerFan like this.
  15. LaVarBallsDad

Yeah, I liked Brook a lot. By all accounts, a good locker room dude, too.

For the most part, I get the logic behind the FO's thinking; they wanted more vertical spacing and a rim runner and so they acquired Mcgee; although, they could have still kept Lopez, IMO.

They visualized setting the roster up with more people that could create shots and have LeBron play more off-ball - Rondo went down early in the season with a broken hand; and the Lakers reverted to what LeBron teams do; let him dictate the pace, control the ball, etc;

A couple of things really hurt us this season: the LeBron injury (out for 17 games). The Zo Injury - although, I'm not a huge fan of his, he does impact the game; and Hart being hurt which I think has been for quite awhile. Perfect fit next to LeBron; but those knee issues have affected his shot and his whole style of play; he's not the same Josh Hart we saw in Summer League.

And of of course the Davis rumors - that took an obvious toll on the players.

Had everything gone right? We'd be in the top 3 in the West. As it stands, we're fighting for our playoff lives, but I'm hoping we end up getting a lottery pick stockpiled to our assets this summer...

16. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers All Star -

Budenholzer is coaching him, my guess is he isnt top 10 in blocks without him. Plus, McGee has been upgrade anyways.

17. LaVarBallsDad

^Brook has ALWAYS been a good rim protector; and I could argue that Brook had more value to us last year especially for an 82 game season. Mcgee has disappeared...

alam1108 and LTLakerFan like this.
  18. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

Mcgee is as dumb as ever and his mobility advantage over Brooks hasn't lead to any better defense of PnR, Mcgee is pretty much the same as every other poor defensive C in defending that play, he just backs up in the paint allowing guys coming off of screen free run at the basket with floaters or just allowing them wide open jump shots.

LaVarBallsDad likes this.
  19. LaVarBallsDad

You know what's funny about that? We've given Mcgee more half-court opportunities/shots than I think he's ever had before; if you're going to do that, why not just keep the more gifted offensive player in Brook?

Or it could just be Luke's moronic way of utilizing Mcgee...lol

20. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

No. It's based off of what all the insiders and common sense are saying. Durant to NY is about as well a kept secret as LBJ to LA was last season. Kawhi is heavily rumored to Clip. Kyrie will likely stay in Boston or go home to NY. Klay has been outspoken in his desire to stay in GS as long as they pay him. We had PG13 "hellbent" on coming to the Lakers and he didn't. All the big free agents this offseason haven't even been mentioned as LA possibilities unless GS does something stupid. The Kyrie narrative was based on a stupid phone call where a dude apologized for something. Are we supposed to be optimistic based on New Orleans acting in good faith with us this summer regarding AD? Cause they sure haven't acted in good faith in the past. If anything they used AD to destroy our team chemistry knowing they had zero intention of trading him here. Are we excited to sign Kemba? Middleton?

Khmrp likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.