Official Whine, Moan, Complain Thread 19/20-CLOSED "WE CHAMPS!"

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by puffyusaf#2, Jul 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers All Star -

Me neither. I have purposely watched every single game the last 4 years so I didn't have to tell myself I was a fair weather fan. I would watch games i recorded for weeks, suffering watching, letting myself feel the pain, so that when it got turned around, I would feel good about myself for truly being loyal. Being a Lakers fan has always been easy before 4 years ago. 2 non playoff seasons and even when they weren't title contenders, there was quality wins and excitement for games.

It was a horrible feeling turning to TNT, seeing the staters and then the first 4 minutes of the game and realizing, after 4 years of horrid basketball, this current team may actually be the worst out of all of the team's the last 4 years. Just depressing.

jbiggs, ElginTheGreat and alam1108 like this.
  2. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    My WMC?

Having to read all these lame a** whiny b**** complaints in this thread.

Don't get me wrong. They are justified, but they shouldn't have to be made at this point.

Magic's charisma and Rob's parables aren't going to be enough. We need a serious shift in the approach to coaching this team. The lineups for half of preseason and for game one were inexplicable and inexcusable.

[​IMG]

jbiggs, Cookie, Weezy and 3 others like this.
  3. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

so frustrating, new coach, new front office, same garbage plan, same garbabage outcome.....it doesnt feel like we'll ever get out of this dark period n i really really dislike Magic big mouth every passing moment

scnottaken and alam1108 like this.
  4. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

You guys are taking this all wrong. We don't have our pick this year. We all know that. But we need to use this season to get our tank rolling down hill with a full head of steam so when the 2018-2019 season rolls around, our tank will be completely unstoppable.

jbiggs, scnottaken, Weezy and 2 others like this.
  5. sirronstuff

6. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

It wasn't supposed to be this way. I don't know what to think now. I need a hug. Luke .... WTF??

Cookie, Khmrp and OX1947 like this.
  7. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

[​IMG]

Savory Griddles and sirronstuff like this.
  8. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers All Star -

Naked while wearing sandles. Yes.

9. scnottaken

scnottaken - Rookie -

I was all in on the youth movement too. Let the kids grow together, get some chemistry going, keep some vets for stability, and then maybe add an all-star closer to when they're ready to make noise. But no, Magic and his "once again, swing for the fences at the cost of all else" approach we've seen fail more times than I can count... I can't do another year of this.

SeasonVet24 likes this.
  10. Savory Griddles

To be honest, so much of the WMCing is a direct result of what Magic came in here saying he was going to do. Logically, we should fully expect a team starting a 19 year old point guard, a rail-thin 20 year old sf and a couple old journeyman to be bad. Magic needed to come in selling a slow steady rebuild using the right types of attitudes. He does that, we aren't pulling our hair out right now.

scnottaken likes this.
  11. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

i do expect a lot of losing but the type of losing makes a difference, the way they lost ladt night makes you wonder where the "growth" is gona come from

12. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

Magic said this and that...yawn. Please dig up where he said we'll make the playoffs this year. Please dig up where he said this team will compete for a title within a year and this should be a quick turnaround, in spite of all the road blocks the previous regime placed at his feet.

Lavar, Zo and the players spoke playoffs into existence. Vegas odds makers took it and ran with it. The media talking heads had everybody eating it up shortly thereafter.

As a manager of basketball ops, you need to talk up your players, build them up, cause they are assets in a business at the end of the day. If you get on the phone with an opposing GM and they know BI is untouchable, well guess what, when Magic does relent and put him on the table, the opposing GM feels some sort of accomplishment, but how was that all created? By your FO building up their trade assets. I don't understand how you guys think its a deterrent.

You look at our roster and you need someone to take on the scoring punch. Why can't it be BI? Especially if he is taking it upon himself to put in the work. Its not a contract year...dude doesn't have to get shredded for wedding pics...he hit the gym hard on his own accord. You encourage that type of player and that mindset. Why wouldn't you?

The frustration of losing is really clouding public perception around here. If you guys are willing to let the youth grow then understand that our coaching turnovers didn't help. The toxic division between our basketball ops and our ownership group didn't help (especially with free agency). The players that got used to losing, didn't help and as a result, there needed to be a large turnover in player character and mindset. And of course you need to add the right vets to a young team. Instead we got a Russian center and a Sudanese wing that probably didn't share the same type of dialogue, let alone accent, to our young core of players. All these roadblocks and you expect the new regime to get it all right with just the 2018plan?

Our current FO has righted alot of those wrongs and not once have said that we will be a playoff team this season. Y'all did it to yourselves...and I get why. I'm tired of the losing too. There's no more draft pick to tank this season for. So let the winning start asap.

But I don't get why its the new FO's fault in filling your heads with it, when all they really said was that they wanted to change the culture and set themselves up to shop for free agency next summer. If it were really up to them, they would have had PG13 here already, but Pritchard made sure that never happened.

I understand the rage of getting blown out....I don't understand all the other far-fetching noise that's coming out of it though.

My WMC is fan revisionist history.

13. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

We're not getting 2 maxes, Ingram isn't the scorer or the win threat we need, the roster is almost the complete anthises of what Ball needs to be surrounded by to be successful, and our coach has made some ridiculously stupid decisions early in his coaching career...there's not much to be positive about here.

ZenMaster and Khmrp like this.
  14. sirronstuff

We have successfully determined a couple of lineups that don't work very well. It's actually good news LOL

Khmrp, LTLakerFan and Cookie like this.
  15. Cookie

Cookie The Dame of Doom Staff Member

Overall last night was a ugly. The lineups were questionable, the players looked confused and our whole offense was iso and hot potato ball. Luke is responsible for putting our players in position to succeed and I feel he didn’t do that last night.

The players need to give better effort. All I’ve heard all summer is how hard they have worked. I would have liked to see more results based on that information.

It’s only one game of a very long season. The bright spots for me were Lopez and Ball. Zo has a bad shooting night but was able to get teammates open shots and he rebounded well.

I was pissed last night but today I’m more level headed. I really hope the team starts to click in the next few months. I don’t know if I can make it through another year of suckatude.

16. Savory Griddles

You can always turn to opiates or methamphetamines.

alam1108, sirronstuff and LTLakerFan like this.
  17. lakersyunowin

lakersyunowin - Lakers 6th Man -

We looked bad...really, really bad. Out of proportion to young-squad-and-first-game-of-the-season kind of bad.

18. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

I'm still struggling to come up with what is plaguing this team. On paper we should not be this bad, but it's like in reality this stink hangs over us. The only thing that's coming to me are that we are the post-MJ Bulls ('99 version), a team so used to one player's greatness for so long that the ineptitude that follows is stunning and stupefying, befuddling if you will. We DO suck, but I think if we weren't used to such greatness for so long, it wouldn't hurt or stick out as much, because as bad as we've been we've still never been as bad as a Philly or some others at their worst. What hurts the most is that we haven't reached that Van Exel, Jones, Divac post-showtime era of competetive basketball yet. Yeah, we need stars to win, but we haven't even gotten our draft picks to start being a .500 team out there, let alone sniff the playoffs.

19. jbiggs

jbiggs - Rookie -

Event Operations for the San Diego Padres
    smoke up!
    :Brandontea:

20. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
    Ingram with the wide open corner 3 from Lonzo and Lonzo's full court pass to Brewer in the 1st half could have gave Lonzo the eventual Triple Double.

Darn it!

sirronstuff likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.