Official Whine, Moan, Complain Thread 19/20-CLOSED "WE CHAMPS!"

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by puffyusaf#2, Jul 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

I feel like this Laker team has the most young talent, both in quantity and quality.

They also probably have the least amount of heart out of the young teams.

Savory Griddles likes this.
  2. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

I do agree that no one on this team is untouchable. The right offer and I'd deal any of them. Just don't see it coming. We are what we are.

3. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
  4. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

Seriously, last night's loss was just painful and reminded me of the blowout loss to Dallas. It was pathetic. One step forward another step back. We're better than last year, but we're obviously still prone to these games where we don't show up at all and that has to get fixed. I'm with Luke - I get it that there will be losses where we probably should have won like against Sacto, but to not compete at all is unacceptable.

5. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

...either that or this crew is mentally weak and can't get over tough, close losses. If anything, they should have been angry and go at it the next game with a vengeance.

6. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

The reason why I would not trade Zubac is that you need a big - and this kid is likely the best we'll be able to get, especially for the money. He definitely has potential.
    Ingram I am not convinced about yet, which is why I said "possibly". If the offer is right, I'd most likely let Ingram go.

The rest of the team, I'd trade yesterday.

Weezy and John3:16 like this.
  7. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
    [​IMG]

8. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

It's becoming more and more obvious we have the wrong guys. They are talented, but they seem to have some deep character flaws (from a basketball perspective, not a life perspective obviously). No one should be untouchable in my book except maybe Ingram because I think he does have a good attitude, but as a 19 year old kid, it's hard for him to step up and lead this team. There are other players I love on the team like Zubac and Nance, but at this point, if we need to unload one of them to make a team happy, we should.

I can't say I'm even mad at management because the thing holding this team back is heart, not talent. They scouted the talent properly, but there is only so much you can do to try and gauge heart. Regardless, heads need to start rolling. I think one of Randle or Russel needs to be gone at the trade deadline. Obviously you don't give them away or make a trade for the sake of making one, but it's been assumed that those two guys were to lead us into the next great dynasty. Trade one of them for near equal value so you can rattle the cages of these children.

KB24, karacha, alam1108 and 2 others like this.
  9. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

I don't trade Ingram unless it's for something really good, because I still believe his biggest issue is strength. Once he adds that to his basketball IQ and already competent defense he could be great. Of anyone on our team I think he needs the most time and patience. I also don't trade Zubac unless it's we get back a very talented big in that trade or another, because he looks like he could be a Marc Gasol, and I wouldn't want to trade away another one him unless we are getting another Pau.

raviator, karacha and lakerjones like this.
  10. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

Agreed. Those two are my only "must saves". Right after them is Nance Jr., but I'd include him if it meant getting back an actually great player. Every single other person on this roster could disappear tomorrow and I wouldn't bat an eye.

I do agree with @Savory Griddles though that Russell and Randle at least seem like they're not going to be able to coexist. If Russell is more talented, he's a hell of a lot more immature. If Randle is more mature, he's a hell of a lot dumber on the floor (and I'm not convinced he's that much more mature). The two of them definitely breed negativity on the floor though. D'Angelo doesn't mind screwing up and he does it a lot which I've seen openly upset Randle at times. I've also seen Randle ignore everyone and go off like Russell Westbrook into 3 defenders and turn the ball over a bunch which Russell doesn't bat an eye at. I'm not sure which attitude is worse: throwing a tantrum or enabling. Personally I hate both which is why I would be completely fine trading them.

KB24, John3:16, karacha and 2 others like this.
  11. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

The only reason I don't include Nance is because of injury concern. If he were a healthy player I would not trade him. But because of the injuries, if some team wanted him in a package to get a big deal done, I do it.

The other reason I'm hesitant to trade Ingram is because like Nance, the stuff he does besides scoring is valuable to me. You need players like him that are smart on defense and know how to use their length to hang in the air to block shots. It's valuable to have a guy that can guard pretty much any position, and is quick enough/can move his feet well enough and use his length to stay in front of guards on the perimeter. He's also decent already at being a playmaker, making the right pass, there is a lot to like there other than his shooting which has been poor no question.

12. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

I agree about Nance. I'd put him on my "keep list", but he will get injured again and again. He might bring some value in trade though, which is why I'd be open to trading him.

13. EddieEddie

EddieEddie - Rookie -

There are guys I want to keep more than others but I am in agreement with @ElginTheGreat that to me no one on this team is untouchable and for the right offer I'd deal anyone. Obviously it'd take a lot more to pry say Ingram/Zubac than it would others - and I highly highly highly doubt they go anywhere anytime soon - but personally, I'm not taking anything off the table.

ElginTheGreat likes this.
  14. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    Maybe my silver lining is showing through. Yes, last night was a disgusting performance. It MAY indicate these young players have no heart. But, I'm chalking all this up to growing pains with an emphasis on pains. The players are growing and the coach is growing. I still remember how the team played at the start of the season. We were all hopeful. I don't know what changed since then, but the same team that is struggling now showed great promise then. I don't want to trade any of the young guys. Lou, Nick, Deng and Moz = yes, of course if possible.

But I want to keep Randle, Russell,Ingram, Nance, Zubac and Clarkson as my core. Then somehow add 1-2 solid, skilled vets to take the lead and show them how it's really done the way Deng and Lou were supposed to do. Maybe we need a more vocal leadership influence because both of those guys are on the quiet side.

Get me Westbrook and AD with this young core and I'll take my chances over the next 3-4 years.

15. Doc Brown

Doc Brown - Lakers Starter -

Doctorin'
    Keepers for me: DAR / Randle / Ingram / Zubac

Nance is borderline. I wouldn't give him away unless we are getting a better player in return.

JC I'm on the fence about. He's picked up a lot of bad habits recently both offensively and defensively.

I still have faith in the young guys, no matter how hard they are to watch sometimes.

Kyrie would have been traded 1000 times over in his first few seasons from the comments I remember from the CLE folk around these parts. I still have patience and think they can turn it around.

*If we are talking superstar player game changer Id rethink my keepers but none of those players are available currently

ElginTheGreat, Kenzo, TIME and 7 others like this.
  16. DOAKLEY8

DOAKLEY8 - Rookie -

Agreed 100% I'm trading every body but Ingram, Randle, Russell, Clarkson, Nance and Zubac. Clarkson is first of that core I would move. If he had to be attached with Lou to make a big move I'd move him. Not jumping off the young group over 1.5 dysfunctional years.

TIME and LTLakerFan like this.
  17. Alcindor

Alcindor - Lakers Starter -

What's difficult is to extrapolate the learning curve on the youth and figure where they will be in 3 years which I believe you need to do before you just go trading them off. It's hard to imagine any one of DAR/Randle/Ingram/Zubac not being markedly better in a 3 year frame. Maybe 4-5 years for Ingram and Zubac to really make an impact. Clarkson and Nance, I think we know what we got with those guys because they're already in their mid-20's. I don't think you trade the other 4 though. DAR and JR have maturity issues somewhat, well they're 20-22 and both thought they were gonna be immediate big time stars. Oops. They'll get in line, it's early, I know we would as fans like to fast forward 3-4 years but trading isn't the answer unless maybe we can pull a Cousins, still keep Ingram and "somehow" offload one of Moz or Deng.

TIME likes this.
  18. EddieEddie

EddieEddie - Rookie -

For the record my preference is to obviously keep the young bucks - with Ingram/Zubac the "keepers". Keeping the core intact and seeing what they can do, while just adding on top of it is certainly the ideal route. Just saying that in the right deal, I'd trade anyone. It's not "jumping off the young group" but keeping your options open. I like Russell a lot and would like to keep him but if the Pacers came calling tomorrow and said they'll trade Paul George for Russell, Lou and the expiring of Calderon, then "Bye Felicia".

ElginTheGreat and TIME like this.
  19. chkad

chkad - Rookie -

I'd trade Randle in a heartbeat. He is sooo dumb. And I do believe his trade value is good in this season.

trodgers likes this.
  20. John3:16

John3:16 Moderator Staff Member

CEO - Big Baller Brand
    You talking about Einstein?

randleeinstein.gif

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.