Official Whine, Moan, Complain Thread 19/20-CLOSED "WE CHAMPS!"

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by puffyusaf#2, Jul 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers All Star -

Microcosm of America. I can do what I want to do, but you cant. And if you are too successful, someone needs to stop it because it isn't fair. BUT, if I become successful, you cant deny me. Ultimate in hypocrisy and I have never blamed Cuban or Gilbert for it. I will always blame the real crook in this and that is David Stern. David Stern set the Lakers back a decade with that veto and they never recovered and destroyed any chance the Lakers could have had to let Kobe have a shot at winning more titles. It was sad. And no one talks about it enough because all the losers out there who always lose, were happy the big bad Lakers finally were stopped. That's why i hope the young guys can get it together quick and get back on top so everyone can eat s*** and die.

2. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

My heath is suffering from the stress of the sheer level of hatred I have for the L.A. Times sports section's Lakers hating Editor of the every Saturday "Letters" section, and the Morons that send these letters that He (women just can't be this stupid) thinks are great and worthy of print. Here is today's sampling. For a real sample of brain dead fans scroll down to the letter stating we and Luke and the FO blew it by not making freaking Festus Ezeli their prime target at 12:01. Where's sirron? I wish I knew who this jacka** is to be able to find a photo of him so one of those rifle with the scope and crosshairs lining up on his dome before it's blown away ....gifs could be made and sent to higher ups at that RAG..... somehow.

:Tabarnak::Tabarnak::Tabarnak::Tabarnak:

Letters: As Lakers' off-seasons go, this one's already way off

Does Jim Buss realize he’s been played like a version of The Good, Bad, and the Ugly by former Lakers?

The Logo (the Good) continues to perform his magic, albeit with other teams who make the Lakers look like D-League contenders.

Then there’s the Mamba (the Bad), who held the Lakers captive for so long he single-handedly alienated the entire league from even considering joining the team.

The Ugly is the result of the Logo’s current influence and the Mamba’s legacy: Overpaying middle-of-the-road players only to cobble together enough warm bodies to fill a roster.

Stand by, Lakers fans, it’s going to get uglier: Another miserable season kicks off in three months.

Pete Russo

San Clemente

Luke Walton saw Festus Ezeli every day in practice. Did he not see a seven-footer with a huge upside and the need to fill a huge void in the Lakers’ lineup? Did he not try to convince management that this should be a priority over Clarkson, Deng, and most certainly Mozgov? All that money available with Kobe Bryant’s retirement goes to complete waste.

But we have to remember, this is the Buss way to win a championship.

Gil Moe

Palm Desert

::

Jerry West lives in L.A. Plays golf and cards at Bel Air Country Club, yet he works for a NoCal team? Why don’t we just send Vinny up to AT&T Park to call games for the Giants?

Mark Mozilo

Pasadena

[​IMG]
    Lakers great Jerry West is helping create a Warriors dynasty, and that hurts

Jerry West left the Lakers because he was tired of the garbage going on in the organization. Jerry Buss should have told his kids to go into another line of work and given West anything he wanted. If that would have happened do you think this fiasco would exist today? No, we would be the Golden State Warriors.

Bruce Olson

Lake Arrowhead

Is there a countdown clock for Jim Buss regarding his last day with the Lakers? Seems like the clock is speeding up.

Larry Londre

Los Angeles

The Lakers need new management. Nepotism seems to be a recipe for mediocrity.

Richard Leeds

Irvine

The spirit of Buzzie Bavasi lives on in the Lakers front office. They replaced Kobe Bryant with “a couple of 8-7 pitchers.”

David Hawkins

Anaheim Hills

[​IMG]
    What's the word on the Lakers' top pick? 'Coachable'

“Coachable” is the word used to describe hope for the new Lakers players? I was sort of hoping for the word “parade-able.”

Monte Whaley

Redondo Beach

How can the current NBA czar let the Durant/Golden State deal go forward after what the former commish did in stifling the Paul/Lakers transaction? Shameful on both counts.

John R. Grush

Mission Viejo

^^^ this last one is the only one worth a s***

Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
    gcclaker and trodgers like this.
  3. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

I don't bother with The Times...or their Letters section 'cos we got us. They're not worth it, boss. I usually just case those Sales Ads.

4. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

Don't hurt yourself over idiot "fans". For a fanbase as large as the Lakers, you'll see so many dumb fans. And they are usually the loud ones, posting on every social media site and what not. Not worth the trouble man, just come to the sanctuary that is LB.

gcclaker and LTLakerFan like this.
  5. Cookie

Cookie The Dame of Doom Staff Member

No ball movement in the second half. Missed FT's. Zubac didn't play any in the 4th quarter....and whistles, whistles, whistles.

gcclaker and lakerjones like this.
  6. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Making you asset free AND happy by 2030
    Disappointed by the red carpet defense. Looked like no continuity out there, and no plan. That was disappointing even if it was 2nd string Summer League.

7. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

Brown is a waste of a roster spot

8. LTLakerFan

Which one?

sirronstuff likes this.
  9. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

The one thats on the real roster....j brown isnt signed

10. LTLakerFan

Oh Crazy Eyes who can't shoot. Got it.

lakerjones likes this.
  11. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    Crazy eye tony Brown, Clank-tony Brown

gcclaker and lakerjones like this.
  12. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

Rewatched the second half and the culprits to me: everyone...

but Russell, Brown, and to a lesser extent Ingram stuck out. Russell was a black hole, Brown was fantastically bad as a shooter, and Ingram needed to be a "take over" kind of aggressive guy but he's not ready yet so... Tough to fault him.

I know it's a SL game months before the season starts, but I can't pretend it wasn't disappointing. We were clearly a better team and we should won. I believe Russell when he says they ran out of gas, but how? They had a few days off! They shouldn't have been unprepared. As sad as it is, I was looking forward to the young team competing for something, but I guess it just is a reflection of how un-ready we are.

Oh and f***ing Nance Jr. breaking his hand just feels like we're not out of the doldrums yet. At least he won't be out for the start of camp and all of that, but still a huge pain in the ***.

sirronstuff, Weezy, gcclaker and 6 others like this.
  13. Juronimo

Juronimo - Lakers Starter -

plays with one's and zero's
    Nance getting hurt was a bummer. He really sets the tone out there with his style of play.

Cookie, gcclaker and lakerjones like this.
  14. Daloyalfan18-Brandon

Daloyalfan18-Brandon - Rookie -

Was looking up Bynum and realized he is just 28. I wonder how things would have panned out if he never got injured and became the true BEAST he was capable of being. I'm dreaming of the thought of a prime Bynum anchoring our current team (although I know if he didn't get injured our team would look a whole lot different).

trodgers likes this.
  15. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

It was really disappointing. Up 19 and then they just folded like a cheap lawn chair. With the porous defense we were playing why the heck wasn't Zubac in for the fourth quarter? That made no sense. Our defense was night and day difference when he was out vs. in.

I have disliked Anthony Brown since he got here and my feelings have certainly not changed one bit. Luckily he'll only be a third stringer.

Very bad showing by DLO who shot us out of the game essentially in that second half. I wish that he had more faith or belief in getting others good looks instead of taking over by trying to score himself. It worked for him at the end of the last couple/few games, but came back to bite him last night

16. pound4pound

pound4pound - Lakers Starter -

im back in this thread again *sigh*

therealdeal likes this.
  17. ZenMaster

ZenMaster - Lakers All Star -

My WMC is people WMC-ing... Not necessarily here, but all around.

This is going to be a stay-away-from-media season for me.

Battle Tested20 likes this.
  18. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

Nance getting injured... Otherwise, all's kosher.

19. LTLakerFan

Puss.

;)

20. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

Russell's 8 three-point attempts. Way too many, IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.