Official Whine, Moan, Complain Thread 19/20-CLOSED "WE CHAMPS!"

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by puffyusaf#2, Jul 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juronimo

Juronimo - Lakers Starter -

plays with one's and zero's
    Yes, they should have ran Panda World Artest out there to lay the people's elbow on someone.

2. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

LOL .... yeah screw it .... run him out there in his street clothes just for enough time to foul someone hard. Too bad. Seems if Metta is to dress then Robinson or Zu can't. Maybe they ought to throw Huertas into that rotation once in awhile too, if Luke is valuing Calderon's ability to shoot the ball, for 3rd string guy playing the "point guard" on some nights. [​IMG]

sirronstuff likes this.
  3. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

Way too many empty seats.

4. KB24

KB24 Administrator Staff Member

Certified Tax Advisor
    Starting Friday, the Lakers will play 18 games in 30 days including the next few against the Spurs, Bulls, Thunder and twice GS.

If we can manage a 2-3 record in the next 5 games, I would be happy. 4 of those games are home games so it should be possible.

5. wcsoldier81

wcsoldier81 - Lakers All Star -

The brand new international league pass is worse than its previous version ....

raviator and SirJunkyBen like this.
  6. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

I was thinking while I was watching, man, I should have gone to this game!! Soon.

7. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

Scheduling hell of 18 games in the next 30 days with 5 back to backs and no consecutive days off. Youth, poise and leadership all will be tested.

raviator, Barnstable, Kenzo and 4 others like this.
  8. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    Reality check.

I'd be VERY surprised if we are over .500 after that stretch.

Great time for growth and experience, but I'm not seeing a lot of wins.

TIME, shoe and Battle Tested20 like this.
  9. tada

tada - Lakers All Star -

Yeah if we're over .500 after that stretch we're making the playoffs.

10. tada

tada - Lakers All Star -

Scratch that, if we make it out over .500 after our next 5 games, we're a playoff team. Spurs, Bulls, Thunder, Warriors, Warriors? Wow.

therealdeal, alam1108 and LTLakerFan like this.
  11. scnottaken

scnottaken - Rookie -

Main WMC in losses? I always think we're going to, in a way, revert to the mean and lost a ton of games in a row. Makes each loss that much worse.

ZenMaster likes this.
  12. Jaguar

Jaguar - Lakers 6th Man -

Spectrum Sportsnet commentators are irritating. They are trying to force humor and it's awkward. Breshnahan, Trudel, Winters, and especially Mark medina are irritating as hell. I often wonder how close and how many times medina has been to getting a good slap when he asks post game questions to tired lakers.

13. Alcindor

Alcindor - Lakers Starter -

Only have to win 2 of them to do that, really not insurmountable at all unless you meant over .500 on the 5 game stretch. Even that is possible if they catch fire though. That would definitely be a sign of a playoff run for the team to come out with 3 wins.

I'll take 2-3 for sure though.

Chillbongo and tada like this.
  14. wcsoldier81

wcsoldier81 - Lakers All Star -

Got to focus on D again and give up less points in the paint ... Need to force more midrange shots from opponents

15. OmarE

OmarE - Lakers Starter -

If there was ever a time to really push the ball and show our youth to tire the opponent out with our bench ---- it's today against the aging spurs... We got speed and athleticism

16. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

I don't want to bring back awful memories of last season, but I have to post in contrast to all the awesome stats posted in the optimism thread right now some harsh realizations. I love Kobe Bryant, my favorite player of all time, but watching this team this year it is clear how much he hurt us last season. Like 75% of it was B0ron, but now I'm having to look back and repeat what I was saying even then in the moment, Kobe was playing horrible and it was hampering the team.

Don't get me wrong, Kobe deserved his farewell tour, he deserved to be honored, but at least the first good chunk of the season he went out and played "F it" chucked basketball and it made us an even worse team when already facing an uphill battle thanks to having the worst coach in NBA history. Thank goodness for that 60 point "you couldn't write this stuff" farewell game, or Kobe's final season would have been one of the worst and most depressing I'd ever seen. I guess all my point is, is that I and others were screaming for Kobe to play team ball and set a good example on his way out, help in the development of our youth in playing the game the right way, and unit late in the season we didn't get that. That's on B0ron and the FO for allowing Kobe to do whatever he wanted as well, and maybe on Kobe for playing into the crowds wishes maybe more than what was good for the team.

I guess it just kinda pains me to say that we are a better TEAM now without Kobe Bryant, because it's not something I ever said during his career. But major credit to Luke for how he has this team playing, he is clearly the right man for the job, and credit to our young guys for allowing last season to be the Kobe show, and this year for playing such unselfish ball and not complaining about everyone on the squad averaging under 30 minutes per game. It's just sad to me that top 2 negative of last season was my favorite player of all time, but I guess he earned that farewell and again, thank the basketball gods for that 60 point finale.

17. scnottaken

scnottaken - Rookie -

Pretty sure Luke could have had Kobe playing an efficient game last year as well. I 100% pt last season on boron.

18. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

[​IMG]

.... and agree with scnottaken. Well maybe 80% Boron and 20% Kobe. Damn. That first couple of weeks ..... what the hell, Kobe????

ElginTheGreat and abeer3 like this.
  19. raviator

raviator - Rookie -

Totally agree. B0ron was so bad that if the Warriors had him as coach they'd probably miss the playoffs. Exaggerating of course but you get my point. As far as last season most of it is a blur now, I really only chose to remember the last game. That's pretty much the only good thing about last season.

20. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

the KFT was obviously a VERY difficult situation for all (including kobe, imo). but it doesn't excuse so much of what byron did. i am glad for luke (and the franchise) that he didn't have to take over in that situation, however.

whatever, i don't begrudge kobe anything. means too much to the franchise to split hairs about contracts and record in these past few years.

oh, and this just salts the cp veto wound again...mother******s.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.