NBA LeaguePass

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by ZenMaster, Dec 10, 2020.

1. ZenMaster

ZenMaster - Lakers All Star -

This is the most I've been pissed off by a corporation... In this case, Turner.

NBA LeaguePass now blocks you from accessing the content you paid for as part of your subscription if you have an AdBlocker active.

I cancelled my subscription for the upcoming season immediately and wrote them a scanting, but probably very very useless support request.

Goddamit. I mean... can you get any lower? Like I needed more incenitives to be done with the NBA.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
    sirronstuff likes this.
  2. Helljumper

Helljumper - Lakers All Star -

Student
    Sorry to hear that ... but I’m a little confused.

I feel like this is becoming common practice on a lot of websites, and I don’t see the harm in just putting an exclusion rule for League Pass. Most AdBlockers make it quite easy to configure it to not run on certain websites, or temporarily pause it.

Or are you saying that there actually are many ads and commercials embedded into League Pass that detract from your viewing experience, which previously could have been bypassed via AdBlocker but now you are forced to watch? Like if their video player is one of those that will stop what you’re viewing and force you to watch a 2 minute commercial every so often, then yeah that’s absolute BS for something you have to pay so much for.

3. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Does anyone here use League Pass for the Lakers? I don’t currently have cable so I won’t be able to watch our games, I’m looking into every solution I can. I keep reading about blacked out games though, like if I’m paying for this why are they going to block some games, it’s very confusing? What do you out of state or out of country Lakers fans use to watch games?

4. pika1708

pika1708 - Lakers Starter -

I use League Pass and worked everytime for years. From Europe

Weezy likes this.