Max Christie Discussion: 4 Years, 32 Million

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by JSM, Jun 23, 2022.

1. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

It rather obnoxious to assume that a 2nd year player, that hasn't played much besides in the G league, is going to leap over two PG in their prime, and force Austin out of his SG slot, in order to accommodate said player, based off of handful of summer league games isn't it? Shoot me some lottery numbers..your foresight is extraordinary.

2. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

IF is the key word here..my man isn't talking IF..he's making proclamations.

3. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

There you go doing what you do and just ignoring what was said. Neither of us “assumes”.

4. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

We.got to the Conference Finals...it looks like he's bringing Austin along just fine to me. I never got the Beverley trade in the first place, but it's kind of spilt milk now.

5. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

I responded to what was said..it's posted above. How do you know who the best players are,without seeing them play first?

6. LTLakerFan

Stop twisting f****** words. IF he earns it!! “They all have to earn it” was the quote right up top. Then that should warrant an expanded role and start to get more of “someone’s” minutes IF it makes us better. Like he did not do with Austin, which you just admitted with Beverley.

7. Toklat

Toklat - Lakers Starter -

I have decided to enjoy this season more and have dusted off my ignore button...lol. I love good debate but have decided to no longer engage the ones with no decorum. You are a better man than me LT. I truly admire your technique and skill in how you turn some of these responses back in a way that still shows respect and dignity. Something this forum was short on last season.

8. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

I didn't twist anything..you are jumping into a conversation between me and someone else...as usual. Now as far as OUR conversation..I'm not seeing the issue really.

9. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

Blah..blah..blah..you don't like your opinions on something panned. Get over it..it's a fan message board lol.

10. LTLakerFan

Because he is saying the same thing I am saying, and you are doing what you do, including here …. when all else fails just ignore the rebuttal points that come back at you when there’s disagreement and say something else to shift it. By extension then you were fine with Beverley remaining the starter over Reaves until his a** got traded or however TOO long it took.

11. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

I responded to two posts..I didn't see one IF regarding Max except from You. If I missed it point it out.

Back to Your post.. You think Austin should have played over Beverley. I don't have a problem with that, I didn't like Beverley anyway.. Would it have made any difference in how our season ended? I don't think so. I also don't think Austin's situation last season, has any bearing on what happens with Max this one either.

Again..I think Darvin brought Austin along just fine..peaking in the playoffs.

12. Wino

Wino - Lakers Starter -

Retired
    I have turned a few people off. Just can't take it, I love a debate that is respectful but when I hear the same thing over and over and over and over and over again and it is the same old BS argument that turns personal in nature. I have no time, no patience and no respect for people who act like that. There are a number of people around here, who have a different take than me but they are nice people that I respect and I appreciate their input. They are not mean or disrespectful even when they are yanking your chain a little. If I still have people turned on, then I have personally decided that they are fairly respectful with their opinions. I crack up at all the people arguing with certain folks that I turned off. It's like they are arguing to a ghost.

Toklat and sirronstuff like this.
  13. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    You inspired me to look at my ignore list. It had 5 people on it, and the most recent activity from any of them was from 2022. I didn't even recognize the names.

:Laugh:

Turns out the people I ignored left or were banned, so I removed them, and I'm officially not ignoring anyone with the system.

However, I do admit to ignoring some folks on occasion and skip reading their posts. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Wino likes this.
  14. Wino

Wino - Lakers Starter -

Retired
    everyone has their own way of coping. I figure I can hear as much Laker hate as I want out in the open web/world. I don't need to hear the BS here, where I am coming to be as my place of refuge. I do not dislike thoughtful critiques that point out problems, but if it is just complete hate or complete frustration, I grow tired of that bantor really quickly. I am here because I love this team, I can take the rebuilds, in fact I think this is going to be the way the NBA functions for the foreseeable future. It is almost impossible to build a perennially winning team that can compete for a ring 12 years in a row. It is just very unlikely to happen, unless you get the player of a lifetime who stays healthy for a full 20 year career. Once your team goes down, it takes 5-10 years for a solid rebuild. Rings are spreading out across the league. Probably a better thing for the league but it sucks for us spoiled Lakers fans. We gonna need to learn to cope and appreciate the process. It is all about the journey.

Barnstable likes this.
  15. LTLakerFan

There have been 5-7 members that have dropped in here with relatively short stays due to certain “anti” agendas and style of their posts and mindset that were super annoying and left or got banned but I never put anyone on ignore. The closest I ever came, and ironically it was for a member that for many years was one of my absolute “favorites” and it was very close ….. was during the period post Magic’s leaving the Lakers the way he did and continuing that most important off season “almost” ever sabotaging the Lakers IMO with his PUBLIC badmouthing and particularly the “backstabbing” campaign against Rob. In spite of all that we managed to do a fair enough trade, that we at that point on the 2nd attempt to pull AD away early from the Pelicans could NOT afford to fail at …. and despite Snake’s best efforts to string us along while other FAs signed elsewhere ….. Pelinka managed with plans B and C to put together (except for Cousins who would get injured and be replaced by Dwight, plus Markieff Morris at the deadline) the roster which had us competing well and ultimately we won a ring with. But having sided with Magic no matter what and being a very educated “capologist” himself and now does same (and still the same takes against Rob’s abilities) for LG …. every single day we had to listen how Rob should have done plans B and C so much better including waiting for WEEKS to have the “chance” to be involved in other teams’ deals …. to better have polished the roster and the margins since he was obviously not ready for that position and over his head. Like 2-3 months this went on like any of us could could change anything, plus the team was winning prior to later in 2020 the covid shut down. Then it was ultimately too much for the powers that be as well and he was banned. But it was making me crazy it was so nonstop.

alam1108 and abeer3 like this.
  16. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    Oh him

:Laugh:

dude snapped

17. LTLakerFan

:LLLLLebronlaughing: …. LMAO!! I was my doing my best to remain low key and subtle about it.

18. Wino

Wino - Lakers Starter -

Retired
    I don't even remember who that was, I probably blocked them early on.

19. LTLakerFan

Were you here summer and fall 2019?

20. Toklat

Toklat - Lakers Starter -

Max is way too far down the page for a soon to be starter.

LTLakerFan likes this.