Magic Johnson Discussion

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by DOAKLEY8, Feb 21, 2017.

1. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

Please khmrp...your non-player transaction/proposal posts have been a joke lately...highlighted by your cLipper affinity. Not a good look, Pinky!

Here's a brain exercise...easier or harder to trade with an organization that needs to be smart with their spending and the type of money they need to add to their books? So trading the farm with Indy for a a dude who couldn't do s*** in the weak east is now suppose to be the chip that grabs us AD? Or maybe a cash strapped team like that would favor more team friendly manageable deals?

[​IMG]

2. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

I'm not arguing that we should've traded for PG I'm just saying dont pretend Magic didn't do his in making Mintz angry and thus possibly preventing or not helping sway PG into giving us at least a meeting. I also not arguing against Dlo trade either, all I said was Magic comments post DLo trade wasn't warranted....fine you dont want the kid but you dont need to kick him while he's down already with those "we needed a leader, someone who wants to be here, with worth ethtic," blah blah....You trade him, he didn't ask to be traded so let by gones be bygones. As for affinity for LAC, hardly means I want to be them, I also used Bk potential 2 max space, all I asked in that scenario was did Bk sacrifice anyone like a Dlo to get to that point?

3. vasashi17

So on one hand, Magic shouldn't say a player is untouchable (maybe to raise trade value???) and is expected to score 20per for fear of killing a player's confidence, and on the other hand he can't say a player who dry snitched on himself via the world wide web isn't something they're looking for in a leader.. .cause mistreatment.

Yeah, I'll take hisstory over your hypocrazy...

#StayBawl'n

4. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    some of your posts have been venturing into "easily taken personal" lately @vasashi17

On the outside looking in. Of course we have our fun back and forth stuff and are on the same page, but yikes to some of the stuff I've read from you lately. Hoping things are ok in life. No joke. Just seem a little on edge lately or tense.

Of course, sucky basketball can do that to us fans.

5. vasashi17

^^^I'm good Anon...just staying true to my roots! #CLapback

#ComeStrongOrStayTheF***OutMyWay

6. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

hypocrazy is you making it seem like Magic has done no wrong and cant do no wrong....

7. vasashi17

I've said he's wrong before.

I've said he f***ed up on TBryant and BLo.

I've said he f***ed up his career and possibly bringing us more titles on the court by f***ing around off it.

I'm a Stan of Magic, but I ain't going to shield dude from warranted blame. Meanwhile y'all clown Magic for the same s*** y'all praise other non-winning organizations for...da f***?!?

For the record, I've also said I preferred Killer Kawhi over PC Paula's lame a**.

But still I encourage you and others to come.at.me.bro!

[​IMG]

8. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
  9. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Magic has a 10 day ticking clock.

Missed out on PG13. Some of those guys he wanted to go after this summer have already said "Pass."

I don't think he got Bron to waste his time or our time. Big moves are required. Waiting is not an option. A possible deal like this falls in your lap and you fail, YOU should be on the hot seat and not Luke.

Players are not and will not line up to play with Bron (not saying we can't get anyone...but it isn't easy). He's difficult and can be hard to get along with if you're another Alpha superstar. Like I said in the AD thread, if you're a FA this summer and see a LA team with Bron and a 25 year old AD IS INFINITELY MORE APPEALING. Unibrow is still a few years from his prime, you come here and get to win now Bron and then build a decade long dynasty with the Brow after Bron gets to play with/against his son and rides off into the sunset.

10. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

AD is the guy that you actually do whatever you can to get. Kawhi was coming off a very significant injury and the Spurs weren't going to trade him to us anyway. I'm not convinced Pritchard was ever going to trade us PG either. But I agree with you JSM - AD, is the guy you give up as many assets as it takes to get. The time is now. AD to me is clearly a better player than PG, a better fit alongside Lebron than Leonard or KD, and the bottom line is he's a top 5 player in the league. Get him now and go after another star in the summer as well. The experiment with the young kids is over if you can grab AD.

11. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

Factoring in age and the ability to impact the game both offensively and defensively - one might argue that AD, Kawhi and Giannis are in fact the best players in the league right now. Not necessarily in that order, but in any case the best to build the team around for years to come. It's certainly not Bron or even Durant.

12. borri

borri - Rookie -

I think AD is better than KD, Kawhi and vastly better than Paula.

If we get this done, thank god we didn't trade for Kawhi or Paula.

John3:16 and lakerjones like this.
  13. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

Agreed. Question for Capologists: could we still pick up Leonard in FA this offseason if we trade for AD? Probably depends on who is going out in trade, right?

LaVarBallsDad likes this.
  14. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

Idk, LJ, but there are some nice pieces out there; if any of these 2nd tier stars want to take a reduction in pay? Kemba/Kyrie? I'd take a look at a guy like Middleton, too.

We'll have some nice options.

lakerjones likes this.
  15. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

Boogie!!!, although I'd hate to reward that a**-hat with $ with what he did with GSW lol

IE Lakers and LaVarBallsDad like this.
  16. JLaker17

JLaker17 - Lakers Starter -

Kind of feel like he has to get this done. I get the sense Kawhi isn't going to sign here, so with him out and already missing on PG13, not getting AD would be a really big blow.

17. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

I think what we'd need for a superstar is to keep a player like Ingram so we could do a sign and trade. Like what happened with Chris Paul and the Rockets where we have enough cap space to be a threat for them to walk into it, but have something of value to trade so they can get a full max.

lakerjones likes this.
  18. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
    So good to read your takes @JSM again. Not sure when you returned. I've been avoiding this place a little with all the negative stuff going on lately. I'm warming up to the idea that we sell the farm to get AD. I've always struggled with the idea of losing our young assets after we have battled, struggled, cried, and at times triumphed over the odds.

19. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    This has a very small chance of happening in ten days. Teams including NO are salty lol

20. KB24

KB24 Administrator Staff Member

Certified Tax Advisor
    I also don't think it is a probable outcome simply because NO has no rush, why should they?

If the only worry is that Davis would be detrimental to the locker room, so be it. They aren't going anywhere anyways.

And they can have a real fight between the Lakers, C Bags and Knicks in the off-season which will net them the best offer available. They can't be this stupid. Just can't.