Magic Johnson Discussion

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by DOAKLEY8, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

I’m glad Magic quit so he could go back to stating the obvious

:Laugh:

trodgers, abeer3, Barnstable and 13 others like this.
  2. IE Lakers

IE Lakers - Lakers 6th Man -

They’re a LONG way off from selling this cash cow of a historic franchise. They still rake in ridiculous amounts of cash despite all these s***ty seasons and front office inepttitde. They’re not selling. Well, smart people wouldn’t; they’d at least try to take her out first.

3. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    [​IMG]

back in his happy place being captain obvious

abeer3, Cookie, LTLakerFan and 2 others like this.
  4. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    ouch

tada, Kenzo, Cookie and 3 others like this.
  5. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator - Rookie -

It must be really nice to be able to walk away from a job that pays you $10 million dollars a year just so you can be able to tweet again

6. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Magic heard from agents Rob was bad mouthing him ..... or ...... telling them (probably) what it was like to work for a guy who was there part time and making the decisions.

KB24, sirronstuff and Big Mamma Jamma like this.
  7. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

... and Jeanie (Magic's "sister") just backed Rob and gave him more power? There must be more to the story. Either that or this is Matrix and i want OUT!

Big Mamma Jamma likes this.
  8. LTLakerFan

Well if my latter case is the truth and it became evident to Jeanie that Magic wasn't putting in the time necessary maybe she didn't fire Rob because of saying it? All I got.

sirronstuff likes this.
  9. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

Haha...Y'all fooling yourselves if you think this is the full story.

And even if it is. Good for him to want to live out his days happy instead of deal with the b*******. Money ain't everything.

Plus the haters are pissed the f*** off that they can't target him anymore....and for me personally, I love it haha.

#PettyWarz

10. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

yea forget that magic totally made the lakers look completely dsyfunctional n a joke of a francise, as long as magic is happy n tweeting moronic stuff w/o repurcusion

11. LTLakerFan

Vash doesn't it bother you with the now generally acknowledged reports of him only working the gig part time and not doing all it took bother you? He came in with that mantra of every day everyone in the organization was in there doing their absolute best to put the Lakers back on top. Until it became too much work and he backed off that ethic? Just asking. Pisses me off, especially with most of his personnel decisions.

tada, trodgers, Cookie and 1 other person like this.
  12. vasashi17

To each his own...

It doesn't bother me at all. I always interpreted the hiring as Magic was big picture (Bron, 2nd max) and Rob was more day to day and having that vision realized.

We are in much better position than we were 2 years ago and frankly folks thinking we could get Bron to pair with DLo and Jules are fooling themselves. Those dudes would have gotten extensions and with about 15m in dead cap for 5 years (MozDeng stretch), we really can't add to our team.

LT, You like the kiddies. I like stars. I'm sorry but the way to compete now is to get into these star warz. I know I know, but we just got rid of Luke tho. Maybe we going dark side.

#Palpatinka

13. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

Magic time here n subsequent "i quit" to the media makes Boron n Potato head era look like it was the 3peat era
    :Magic2:

LaVarBallsDad likes this.
  14. LTLakerFan

Nah I can't sign off on that. I wanted to see what he was going to build this off season but something with Pelinka clearly set him off and we don't know the story. If Jeanie sided with Rob then my only explanation is Rob had been bad mouthing his work habits and Jeanie wasn't going to fire him for calling Magic out on it. Could be totally wrong on that and Rob really is a snake. Would Kobe be best friends with him if he truly was a snake? But Byron and Potato head better than Magic .... no. We just got robbed of seeing if he could build something as promised.

15. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

I go on both om pretty much all Lakers boards, and I think most people I have seen post are happy he is gone.

I am, too. Good riddance

IE Lakers and jbiggs like this.
  16. vasashi17

LT: We're set up nicely for the future. I'm a cap guy, so I see it with that lens.

Trading DLo, Jules and 5m in dead cap (from MozDeng) for Bron + 2nd max to add to BI/Zo/Kuz/Hart is the right move to me. We also have the assets to move for AD in addition to that.

In regards to Rob, that whole holy man telling sermons shtick was an act. If he's besties with the Mamba, you know he's a preacher that belongs to an unique minhisstry!

17. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

he wasnt doing his job, made multiple idiot comments to get fined...hes the bpo if he had had the gulls he shouldve went at jeanie n told her to let him operate as such. if she says no, ok quit but dont quit like the way he did, that was f'n embarrasing n everything he has said during those interview was a joke

18. Alcindor

Alcindor - Lakers Starter -

but who else can we get that will work few hours and only take credit for good moves the FO makes?

[​IMG]

abeer3 and Khmrp like this.
  19. Kou

Kou - Lakers 6th Man -

The thing that also bothers me is if he wanted to really do right by Jeannie as a friend/brother whatever, he would of fired both Rob and Luke, he had the power to do so, but instead he ran away thinking only about himself.

Luke got fired anyway, and that has left a power vacuum for Rob, so yay?

Alcindor and Khmrp like this.
  20. Alcindor

Alcindor - Lakers Starter -

no doubt I lost total respect for magic as a Laker exec he has NO balls at all at least Jeannie sticks with it regardless of how effective she is, clearly she can't pick a president worth a damn but Magic is revealed here as a total coward. Could not face Jeannie and tell her even. Couldn't take the possibility of not being able to sign that 2nd FA and looking the fool. Eventually this will wear off and I will go back to thinking of magic as a legendary player and publicly a buffoon who after years of criticizing the laker b-ball staff came in and did nothing. All he did was let Rob and others do the work and then say yes or no. When a little criticism may have hit his ears instead of confronting it he takes his ball and goes home. Now he's back to his jack-a** twitter self. Good. Let that be the end of it.

Khmrp and Kou like this.