Los Angeles Chargers

Discussion in 'Other Sports Discussion' started by therealdeal, Jan 12, 2017.

1. sk2408

sk2408 - Rookie -

Been a Chargers fan my whole life, when the Jags scored to make it 27-7 right before the half I knew what was going to happen lol. I came into the season thinking it was the best Chargers roster since 2006, now I'm not so sure. JC Jackson is a huge question mark going forward and they probably need to draft a receiver early despite paying $20+ million to Keenan Allen and Mike Williams.

Helljumper likes this.
  2. Helljumper

Helljumper - Lakers All Star -

Student
    We are going to get Jim Harbaugh, and we are going to become a respectable franchise damn it! Herbert is a generational talent

3. sk2408

sk2408 - Rookie -

I think I might be done with the Chargers tbh. I didn't grow up in California, but I became a Chargers fan when I was a kid because my dad was a Chargers fan and that whole side of the family was from SD. Then I moved to SD for college in 2012 and have been here ever since. It hasn't felt the same since they left SD, and now Keenan Allen is really the last guy left from the SD era. Bosa, Derwin James, Ekeler, Mike Williams, they've been good players but I've never liked them as much since I associate them with that lame soccer stadium in Carson overrun with the opposing fans.

I really haven't loved the Chargers for a while now, that ended when Rivers and Gates retired/left. This franchise is just so pathetic and the move to LA has really erased any sense of tradition or connection to previous eras. They do need a proven head coach with some real gravitas to come in and completely reset the culture. But knowing the Spanos family, they'll probably cheap out and bring in another first-time head coach like Bienemy. Rinse and repeat the McCoy, Lynn and Staley years.

Helljumper likes this.
  4. Helljumper

Student
    I am very excited!

5. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

It's an excellent hire. He'll get the most out of players as long as he doesn't wear out his welcome. And the Spanos kid doesn't act like his way or the highway.

6. Helljumper

Student
    I honestly think a lot of the narrative about the Spanii is overblown. They get portrayed as being cheap and not caring about winning, but I’ve seen them continue to spend big on free agents (some just didn’t work out), invest in a new state of the art facility, and now very likely signed the most expensive contract of this coaching cycle.

And I’m such a fan of Harbaugh, I think he must have been hyper aware about the concerns people have about the Spanos family. If he thought they would actually get in the way of him fighting for a Super Bowl the way he envisions it, I don’t think he would have signed then contract

7. Helljumper

Student
    :sick:

Trading Keenan Allen is literally making me sick