Lakers VS Slippers Discussion

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by SFGOLDRUSHER, Jul 10, 2019.

1. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

LMAO. that's going to trigger the f*** out of clippers fans

lakers dodged a major bullet with PG. so glad they didn't give up the farm to acquire him

CarolinaLakerFan and Cookie like this.
  2. fabfourlakers

fabfourlakers - Lakers Starter -

He's an idiot - he had a chacne to join LeBron in the summer of 2018 and what did he do? He went to a big party and announced he was returniung while being butt buddies with Russ and left us in the dark. Didn't even take a MEETING with us!!!

And less than 2 years later...he wants out and gets traded to the Clippers.

He had his shot to sign with us, and he didn't.

3. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

and the reason why he didn't even take a meeting with the lakers in FA was because he was butthurt that they didn't give up everything to acquire him at the deadline in 2017

he's a certified moron

4. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

only thing i'll say in his defense is i think we signaled to his people that we'd take care of our end if he asked out. he did--out of nowhere, really--and we held assets back. one can absolutely argue that we later made better use of those assets (AD), but i feel like once we put that into motion, we should have just followed through.

i'm known as a rob defender around here, but the PG situation was the kind of thing that rob's detractors should (but don't) go after. instead they go after stupid s*** like reddish's player option or whatever. the botched PG situation had reverberations that are still here (they're why we don't have myles turner, slick). these other little things are meh.

anyway, both sides messed up. we should have either just let the PG FA play out or finished the deal when he agitated for it (again, imo, at our behest). PG should have swallowed his pride and just joined us in FA after the fact.

weirdly, his choices in that situation (and those that followed) really helped frame modern player movement, imo. get the cash and then strongarm out is now the rule of the day, and the CBA will have a hard time mitigating that.

one final thought here is that i bet PG watches AD and wishes he'd just done the same. stick to your guns. but he was weak. and again, we should have done more for him, too. i actually love PG's game and wish i could have pulled for him. now he's with morey and embiid, so....f*** off.

edit: re-read and realized i just made the same argument thrice, but i'll let it stand because i'm lazy.

5. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    Careful guys he’s the Gen Z goat:Laugh:

Kenzo, LTLakerFan and abeer3 like this.
  6. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

there's also no guarantee lebron comes to LA if PG is already here. and of course, there's no 2020 title without AD

so the lakers could've given up all those assets only for lebron to pass them up and stay in the basement where they had been for the last 4 years. what a nightmare that would've been

7. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

I’m getting kind of tired of being told that caring about the stuff on the margins is “stupid s***”. Cam’s player option is why we couldn’t keep Dinwiddie or Prince. All we’ve done this offseason is lose those 2 and add Knecht and Bronny, that to me is not a successful offseason, losing 2 actual rotation players for possibly 1 and for sure not with the other. Dinwiddie is a better player than Gabe has ever been, and we don’t even know if he’s going to be healthy, knee issues are no joke. Same with Vando, foot issues are also no joke and his all out style of play unfortunately seems to lead to nagging injuries.

I get it, you’ve taken up the defend the front office position as the voice of reason, but you also just pointed out something of Rob’s flaws that Irwin always points to, he’s a liar, that’s the used car salesman angle. He comes off a as a liar and people don’t want to deal with him and that Indiana thing is partially why. We’re the Lakers, we can hire pretty much anyone in the front office and we employ this guy because Kobe said no, we don’t even have a GM or assistant GM or whatever, it’s silly to keep things so insular and mom and pop shop in 2024. I care about this team trying to compete for a title, to me it’s not stupid s*** for 1/3 of our roster to be completely unplayable, plus it’s the offseason what else are we going to talk about except every little detail when there’s no actual games.

But anyway, yeah, George is a clown, and he’s getting destroyed online for saying that B-Team thing, especially after saying not long ago he grew up a Clippers fan, if he did how did he not know not many others here were? Clippers fans are glad he’s gone anyway, tired of his choking in big moments, bad turnovers and such, blaming other players for his mistakes, he’s right where he belongs next to Embiid.

8. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    Nothing related to Twitter is showing up for me today for some reason....

Is anyone else seeing this? Or just me?

9. LakeShowAZ

LakeShowAZ - Rookie -

It's not you, it's me

That's my closing line :rofl:

To answer your question, I'm seeing them upload_2024-7-24_16-53-41.gif

sirronstuff likes this.
  10. sirronstuff

For me now too. Must have been temporary

11. LakeShowAZ

LakeShowAZ - Rookie -

Paul George on time with Clippers: Felt like I was on the 'B team'

Paul George says it felt like he was on the "B team" with the Clippers in comparison to the Lakers in Los Angeles

12. sirronstuff

still poor form to do this on the way out the door after you weren't valued enough to be signed for what you wanted

Lots of bad choices and looks in a row

But hey, he's got lots of money to spend in Philly

Cookie likes this.
  13. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Built different.

Juronimo, Kenzo, alam1108 and 2 others like this.
  14. Juronimo

Juronimo - Lakers Starter -

plays with one's and zero's
    Couches over courts.
    Beds over baskets.

Cookie and LTLakerFan like this.
  15. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

still the funniest cope i've ever heard

bunch of clowns

16. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

lol draymond had to catch himself from saying the clips would have beaten kcp's lakers that year.

i know a huge chunk of our fan base thought that too, but i ask you: if it was in them to drop the nuggets series...why were they a lock to beat us? i'm dubious.

Juronimo and LTLakerFan like this.
  17. sk2408

sk2408 - Rookie -

I thought that for much of that season until our offense really picked up in the couple of months before the shut down. I think we would have handled them in 5 or 6, largely because their supporting cast was wildly overrated in hindsight:

Beverley - we had him a few years later, OK as your 8th or 9th guy but not a starting point guard
    Lou Will - empty calories regular season player. Similar playoff underperformer to DLo, only worse.
    Harrell - also an empty calories regular season player. To be fair, he was dealing with a tough personal situation in the bubble.
    Morris - always been a frontrunning fake tough guy. Streaky shooter.
    Shamet - not good
    Jackson - meh
    JaMychal Green - Decent player. His primary value was potentially playing the 5, AD would have lit him up.
    Zu - good player, but Doc didn't trust him. Harrell always closed for them.

4 years later, only Zu is a solid rotation player. A few are out of the league entirely. The narrative for them was that they added Kawhi and PG to a 48-win team, but they shipped out Galinari and Shai who were big parts of that 48-win.

Juronimo, LTLakerFan and abeer3 like this.
  18. Juronimo

Juronimo - Lakers Starter -

plays with one's and zero's
    We played the Clippers a few days before the Covid shutdown, I remember Lebron just knocking around Kawai like he wasn't even there, then defending Paul George and Kawai to close the game. I think we could have handled them had they not choked against Denver.

Kenzo, LTLakerFan and sk2408 like this.
  19. sk2408

sk2408 - Rookie -

The narrative at the time that Kawhi somehow owned LeBron was dumb. It was true that, unlike a lot of stars at the time, Kawhi wasn't afraid of LeBron. But in that 2014 Finals LeBron still put up like 28 ppg on good efficiency lol. Kawhi made him work for it, we saw the insane numbers LeBron put up in the playoffs the next few years in Cleveland. But on the other side of the court, LeBron has always defended Kawhi well when he's actually trying. Kawhi's game is all about creating separation with his strength, and LeBron is maybe the one other wing in the league that can match that strength (Aaron Gordon too probably). He's stonewalled Kawhi at the end of games a few times over the years.

20. PurpleAndGold88

PurpleAndGold88 - Lakers 6th Man -