Lakers VS Slippers Discussion

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by SFGOLDRUSHER, Jul 10, 2019.

1. VladeD714

VladeD714 - Rookie -

clips down and I'm happy so far...

2. VincePT

VincePT - Rookie -

Clippers are done again. Funny that no matter how much money Balmer throws at them, Kawhi can't be healthy for even half a post-season.

3. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

this could possibly be the clips last game at staples

JSM and VladeD714 like this.
  4. VladeD714

VladeD714 - Rookie -

Going out in Clips fashion.

Make it so!!

Juronimo and TIME like this.
  5. KuzmoBall17

KuzmoBall17 - Lakers Starter -

Clippers down by 30 points

TIME likes this.
  6. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers All Star -

Where is the Hyena? In street clothes once again. That's the sweetest karma ever! Lol.
    I hope that's exactly how his career ends.

7. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

8. Slick2021

And we could have flipped Rus for Kyrie Irving, We chose D'Angelo Russell instead. Now both teams are home watching the playoffs.

9. wcsoldier81

wcsoldier81 - Lakers All Star -

2-12 , I was generous

Cookie, LTLakerFan and abeer3 like this.
  10. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

Nice. The Mavs have to wrap this up ASAP. Luka's mobility does not look great due to his knee injury.

Cookie and JSM like this.
  11. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

luka's not luka at all, but dallas has figured out how to win anyway, which has surprised me. i figured lue would be able to scheme against that on both ends.

Cookie and JSM like this.
  12. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Every time PG doesn't show, this gets play... and he brought it upon himself.

It's one of my favorite self inflicted post game gif humiliation responses I've ever encountered

Cookie, Juronimo, 432J and 1 other person like this.
  13. ZenMaster

ZenMaster - Lakers All Star -

Well, TBF, their postseason history is what? 40 total games?

Give them another 30 years and thus another 40 games and they will top that.

sirronstuff, Cookie, Juronimo and 2 others like this.
  14. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Anyone watch this and see any camera shots of Ballz? Bet he was NOT all hot and sweaty and there was pain on his mug?

Cookie likes this.
  15. LTLakerFan

Oh wonderful ….. whether true or not w/o the Lakers being completely bent over and gutted of assets by the Nets since Kyrie wanted to come here and they were as inclined to accommodate him as Pop or Pacers are to help Lakers in a trade ….. you have a new spam point. What’s that 20 times this past week and it’s going to have a 3 years “AND COUNTING” run like “Westbrook only sucked as a player here because LeBron and AD didn’t play enough games together”? (stated yet again yesterday even as Russ finishes up another year and a half of the exact same sh!*ty play for the Clippers) …. which shows how absolutely disingenuous you are arguing whack takes.

Last edited: May 2, 2024
  16. Slick2021

Idgaf about Westbrook man, obviously you still do. I don't have to share your opinions on that subject, or anyone else's. You chose to respond to it, because evidently you feel some kind of way about it.

I don't know what media reports, are true or not, neither do you. The Pacers said they never discussed draft picks at all, with the Lakers. Some places and around here,it was supposedly a done deal, until the last moment. Which is true, I have no idea, chose whatever you want to believe.

I don't think Reaves and Christie, plus Russ and some draft picks, were too steep of a price to pay for Irving. If you do, fine, I don't have to get in line with that either.

Don't respond, that's the simplest way not to get frustrated. This is a conversation board about the Lakers. I was unaware that it was supposed to be a social club,where everyone has similar takes.

Pardon me...or not.

abeer3 likes this.
  17. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

we can't know what was true, i agree. so you can't walk around claiming kyrie was in our hands and we let him get away. you're stating it as if it's true.

18. LTLakerFan

How about this …. if YOUR opinion on 3 years, 2 teams and 3 coaches later that Russ’s exact same sh!*ty play across that span is because LeBron and AD didn’t play enough games together …. you are either bold face lying or a complete moron with regards to that opinion. Hello McFly knock knock they played almost the whole season together THIS year and he was still the same sh!*ty player on another team. It’s not about him, it’s about you with your on your own little isolated island opinion on that subject that insults everyone else’s intelligence here.

19. Slick2021

I'm stating that it made sense to me. that's it. If it goes against the prevailing narrative around here, so be it.

First It was that, we only wanted a short term deal , but Kyrie wanted a long-term contract. Then it was Brooklyn just wanted too much, by asking for Reaves and Christie. Somehow that shows that Brooklyn, just didn't want to trade him to the Lakers, at all.

All of this stuff was talked about a ton on this board. It was discussed all over the NBA world too.The mood around here mostly, was to pass on Kyrie. Too risky, might take off and disappear, etc.etc.

Speaking only for me here, I would have done that deal in a heartbeat. I know this much, that guy absolutely wanted to play here. I don't think anyone can deny that.

20. Slick2021

You are STILL talking about Russell Westbrook man. He doesn't play here anymore. IDGAF about none of that noise you are spitting out, wtf difference does it make today? How is that relevant to the Lakers? What bearing does whatever Westbrook is doing, or not doing, have on anything?

I said what I said, I'm not taking any of it back. Frankly if was all that, it would make it even more of a miss, to fail to have used his contract, to land Irving. When the dude was practically begging to come here.

You don't like, that I don't think Reaves and Christie, were asking too much? Fine..I don't care, that's my opinion.

Get over yourself dude,