Lakers VS Slippers Discussion

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by SFGOLDRUSHER, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Juronimo

Juronimo - Lakers Starter -

plays with one's and zero's
    Flop City winning is a pebble in my shoe while the evil empire winning is a sledge hammer to the face. No comparison.

D-Fish Man, Panko and 432J like this.
  2. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Better the hammer to your face than how it changes the equation going forward with Clippers still loaded next year, a deepest of pockets owner who hates the Lakers and a brand spanking new kind of experience SOTA arena in our same market. Free agent and ring chasing vet minimum sea change SHIFT at the worst possible time for us this next 5-10 years. Our lottery / missed playoffs era Part Deux, with the pick swaps we'll give away and not even having those lottery choices. Not to mention the great luck we had in the lottery when now the process has gotten even harder.

Nut up all you wusses .... get over it .... take one for the team!

:ADnaughty:

abeer3 likes this.
  3. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

we're already in for some dark times once lebron's gone anyways, regardless of whether or not the clippers win a title. clippers are pretty much set for the long run just because of how deep ballmer's pockets are. once kawhi/harden/PG are gone, they'll just bring in another couple of big names

abeer3 likes this.
  4. LTLakerFan

So let's make it even harder because of this irrational hate of the titles they stacked up in the 50s and 60s with 8 teams in the league and Bill Russell and a loaded team comparatively. We've kicked their a***s total wise since then. Good Lord.

abeer3 likes this.
  5. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

i actually think a ring makes a big difference here. if kawhi/pg don't get one, i think the clips are just the new paul allen blazers--a secondary destination with a deep-pocketed owner. they'll be perennially competitive because they'll outspend people, but the big names would still choose us. if they get legitimized with a ring, i worry that it will diminish our brand, which is a huge part of why we're still relevant with broke-a** owners.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  6. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

yeah, and there's basically nobody left from even our last round with them. all the 80s guys (mchale, bird, ainge) are out of boston, and all the guys the won their lone ring since then are a decade out of the league, too.

as paula poundstone would say, it's just rooting against laundry at this point. i don't see them as an existential threat like i do the clippers. nobody wants to play in boston, even when they're winning.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  7. PurpleAndGold88

PurpleAndGold88 - Lakers 6th Man -

Cm on dude ! Clippers are losers!, let them get one ! Big deal … Boston is freaking a*** wipes. That’s like Yankees fans saying F da Mets I am rooting for the Red Sox if it was hypocritical WS

16 vs 0 is not a rivaly. It’s just the stupid media narrative that spreads BS ! Like Kobe said Clippers are nobody’s there is no rivalry and they will never be LAs team

Juronimo likes this.
  8. LTLakerFan

Yeah and you have your head in the sand with that argument if you can't acknowledge any of the ramifications as detailed above.

9. PurpleAndGold88

10. Juronimo

Juronimo - Lakers Starter -

plays with one's and zero's
    Those ramifications you spelled out are assumptions based on events that may happen. That is all. That doesn't justify rooting for our historic rival over them.

Also that Red Sox Yankees analogy is perfect and makes sense.

Also Steve Ballmer is not the first recklessly spending owner that has come along over the years.

I shouldn't as a Laker fan have to explain this. I don't understand your point of view.

SamsonMiodek and PurpleAndGold88 like this.
  11. LTLakerFan

My point of view is if they win this year it has a very good even likely chance of contributing to any or all of the logical negative influences on the Lakers market and brand and level of talent going forward that we will be competing with them and ALL the other good teams, to draw here AGAIN if back to being a lottery team post LeBron. It sure didn't go well the last time trying to draw talent post Kobe. I have a much greater fear of that than the C Bags maybe going one up on us. IDGAF. If we can do well at least in the playoffs, and as long as AD is playing well, and the Clippers were to flame out again embarrassingly ..... our odds of re-loading and getting that chip back are a lot better. My fandom of the Lakers has always been the Lakers and their incredible players that have been here all these years .... not influenced by clutching my pearls over being behind in chips to the C-bags.

abeer3 likes this.
  12. PurpleAndGold88

We are not winning anymore titles with this roster or LeBron. No matter what clips do, every yr they have a good shot of winning it all . I don’t think Ballmer cares, he will keep signing big names until he finally wins a title .

it will be a struggle to find someone to replace LeBron, but that’s not the Clippers fault, they are hungry just like anyone else . If C bags don’t win it all, it’s been a great season for me, even if It’s the Clips . Yes! CP punked us, yes KL punked us, it means nada to me . I sat thru 4 gs warriors titles ( god I effing hate them ) clips don’t do nothing to me .

13. ZenMaster

ZenMaster - Lakers All Star -

Ditto

LTLakerFan and abeer3 like this.
  14. LTLakerFan

[​IMG]

abeer3 and PurpleAndGold88 like this.
  15. PurpleAndGold88

My mamma always said No LAKERS fan should ever root for Boston!

Panko and Juronimo like this.
  16. LTLakerFan

Whatever Buddy. Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds to someone who's been a "fan" since Elgin, Jerry and Chick came to town? You telling me what my fandom should be like, when I've told you I'm more concerned with the next decade possibly going bad more than being behind a ring to the C-bags if it means the Clippers don't win this year going into that new arena next year with all that momentum in our market.

17. PurpleAndGold88

But if you’ve been a fan for that long, you have bigger issues with Clips than Boston winning ? I am trying to understand your logic . Help me out boss… I just don’t think we will ever catch ‘em if they go on a dynasty run

Last edited: Feb 8, 2024
  18. LTLakerFan

I've explained it in like 3 lengthy posts above. Why don't you try reading? Have put a whole lot more effort into the conversation than "I hate C Bags ... go Clippers .... no impact whatsoever on our market if it happens". Done with this with You.

19. PurpleAndGold88

Clippers are a small market team, like Denver . You are panicking a bit thinking if they finally win a title all of a sudden they become Mecca of basketball. Let’s just agree to disagree.

Edit: don’t worry ! Your Clips are safe, unless god breaks both of Boston’s legs, nobody is beating them, at least not in the E .

Last edited: Feb 8, 2024
    432J likes this.
  20. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

i mean, aside from lebron, what big name FAs have the lakers signed in recent memory? title or not, the clippers will still attract big names because ballmer is willing to spend as much as it takes to win a title. the only guys who will be lining up to sign with the clippers if they win a title are ring chasers

and considering the clippers have no 1st round picks until 2030, they are absolutely screwed if they don't win a title with this core