Lakers VS Slippers Discussion

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by SFGOLDRUSHER, Jul 10, 2019.

1. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

This just means most of them are going to go down at the same time. Right before the playoffs.

Cookie, ZenMaster, Panko and 8 others like this.
  2. D-Fish Man

D-Fish Man - Lakers 6th Man -

I'm of two minds on this. On the one hand, the bigger they are, the harder they Clipp. Watching the Clippers flameout in embarrassing fashion has been a nice consolation prize to many a disappointing Lakers season over the last 14 years. On the other hand, if the Clippers finally win a ring this year and it's because -- of all friggin' things -- they added Westbrick and Harden, then it will be liberating because I will no longer have to care about anything ever again since nothing matters and this universe makes no sense and exists only to laugh at me.

Panko, SamsonMiodek, Kenzo and 2 others like this.
  3. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

4. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

westbrick's only getting around 15 minutes per game. he's not really much of a difference maker on most nights. it's been all kawhi+harden/PG and their insanely good 3 pt shooting

Panko likes this.
  5. sk2408

sk2408 - Rookie -

They're really good. Kawhi looks awesome. Harden has the offense humming. George doesn't get enough credit for how well he can fit with pretty much any team.

I don't like predicting injuries or dunking on any players for being "injury prone", even if they play for the Clippers. I wish Kawhi had been healthier these last few years, he's one of the best players of his generation and I like watching him play. It's also mostly just bad luck. Sure Kawhi has this degenerative quad issue, but that's not why he tore his ACL in 2021 or his meniscus last playoffs. That's just bad luck. It's the same thing with George. It's not a Zion situation where he's clearly sabotaging his own body.

Anyways, the Clippers have been playing great for a while now but it's going to come down to Harden. His combination of playmaking, scoring and shooting takes their offense from good to borderline unguardable. If he's orchestrating the halfcourt offense, feeding Zubac easy backets and getting an efficient 20 points himself, they might just win it all. But if he does his usual playoff up and down, 4 for 13 in a pivotal Game 5 thing they've got no shot. I also like how we match up with them. They've never had a good matchup for AD. LeBron takes the Kawhi matchup personally and is maybe the one other wing in the league thats physically strong enough to take it to Kawhi on both ends.

Panko likes this.
  6. PurpleAndGold88

PurpleAndGold88 - Lakers 6th Man -

Ok ! Let me tell you my take on this subject! F BOSTON! F DA NUGGETS! And if I have to watch Clippers win it, good for them, Nuggets got their first why not Clippers ! I still think we should’ve went after Harden ! Good for him, I hope he gets his ring and I hope clippers enjoy the 50 fans who will show up to their parade at the Staples parking lot. Then they will talk about US and how they are the LAs team now . Everyone talks about US,I take pride in that .

7. LTLakerFan

The Clippers in our market with a ring and brand new arena would become THE prime FA and ring chasing destination going forward as we’re trying to rebound post LeBron. F*** That!!!!

Cookie likes this.
  8. PurpleAndGold88

9. LTLakerFan

Yeah that did us a lot of good in the lottery years pre LeBron. NO!!! F*** the Clippers winning this year. I’d rather Denver. That arena, our jokes aside, is going to be different with that steep wall of seats for unique viewing at one end and SOTA and probably awesome. They’ll be loaded again next year too.

10. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

The Flippers are a problem.

11. PurpleAndGold88

Soooo Clips vs C bags you got C bags ? Lol

12. PurpleAndGold88

C bags are way more

13. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

Healthy..I think the Clippers have the better squad. In this case, the enemy of my enemy, is still my enemy.

PurpleAndGold88 likes this.
  14. PurpleAndGold88

I really hope so ! I can tolerate the Clips ! I’ll puke if C bags win it all

15. D-Fish Man

D-Fish Man - Lakers 6th Man -

If it’s a Clippers/C-Bags finals, I’m rooting for a meteorite.

puffyusaf#2, BigDan24, abeer3 and 5 others like this.
  16. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

if we get a clippers-C Bags final, i'll be a massive clippers fan for a couple weeks

give me the C Bags winning a ring and banter about how they "run LA" any day over boston winning #18

17. karacha

[​IMG]

No worries
    , says Nikola Jokic.

[​IMG]

Panko, LTLakerFan and abeer3 like this.
  18. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

boston being ahead of us in titles (which they have been for most our existence) hurts us way less than the clippers getting even one, imo. not to mention the russ sideline story that will rewrite history in ways that paint us very negatively. the clippers need to lose.

Cookie, karacha and LTLakerFan like this.
  19. karacha

If I somehow forget that Boston is Boston, I actually like their team way better than the Clips. The Clippers are probably the last team I want to see winning.

20. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

i don't see how the clips winning a title hurts the lakers at all

clips have already been a hot FA destination since ballmer bought the team. everyone including ballmer himself knows this will always be a lakers town, so its not like 1 title will lead to everyone becoming clippers fans. and westbrick is riding coattails at this point. he's not in any way a major contributor to their success at the moment. he has a good game off the bench here and there, but his minutes are in the teens almost every game and when he does play he's still the westbrick we all know well with the dumb TOs and missed layups. he's a better fit there, but that's about it

back in the day, you would've been laughed at if you even hinted that the lakers could catch boston in titles. now that they're tied, the last thing i want is those a******* winning #18. i agree that their team is much easier to like than the clips, but at the end of the day they're still the f***ing C Bags

PurpleAndGold88 and abeer3 like this.