Lakers VS Slippers Discussion

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by SFGOLDRUSHER, Jul 10, 2019.

1. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Stop spamming. Not everything on the last page, obviously, was basketball. It was needling. Stop playing a martyr too.

2. LakersnationRules

LakersnationRules - Rookie -

You got it BOSS !

3. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

Ty Lue is a top 5 coach. Period. End of story. IMO. All that stuff.

Quite frankly, he's a better coach than Vogel, too.

Yeah, that's right. Better than Vogel.

Oh, and the Clips have put together a better staff.

Now? I still don't trust PG and Kawhi is has major health problems.

They are in trouble...but Ty has proved himself to be top 5.

Those who wise to debate wanted B. Scott and wanted to draft Lonzo Ball, Okafor, etc

So, yeah, I'm not putting a lot of credibility into what anybody has to say here and why I stay off here most of the time.

And I've been wrong, too. Plenty of times. But I'm not wrong here.

See you in August, fellas.

Have fun with all the Dame scenarios until then...

Out.

LakersnationRules likes this.
  4. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers All Star -

Kuzma wouldn't get off the bench with the Clippers. Or Matthews, Gasol and Kief. Kcp and Drummond might get spot minutes.

5. Slick2021

Kurt and his wife didn't think so.

6. LTLakerFan

What was that "backhand" about? :KobeConfused: Enjoy LG ... I guess?

7. LakersnationRules

GO LAKERS!

8. LTLakerFan

Maybe the Lakers balked at the years running past LeBron's contract Lue wanted ... after seeing he never won a game over 3 seasons, something like 17 times (?), with LeBron on the bench? Other issues to be sure, like the pipe with hoping for Kidd to lure Giannis, but the above may have and should have factored in as well. Lue is showing well this year, though.

The Showtime Mamba likes this.
  9. LTLakerFan

Broadbrush statement. Broadbrush disagree. ;) Maybe Ty god Lue finds better way to utilize them. ;)

abeer3 likes this.
  10. CarolinaLakerFan

CarolinaLakerFan - Lakers 6th Man -

That I agree on 100%. Their little playoff run is a direct byproduct of all the other teams like us paying the ultimate price for going deep in the playoffs in the bubble. They’ll go back to 6-8 seed status next year when everyone else is healthy and rested.

11. LTLakerFan

Let me translate then grudgingly. Maybe the D-bags across the hall are playing with more grit and heart, even skilled depth and adjustments (ugh!), than did the Lakers and Nuggets when their stars got hurt?

12. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

they're not as good as they seem. it's pretty obvious

not taking away anything from the clippers, because you have to respect the way they've refused to die in these playoffs. but a healthy suns team should not be struggling to put away a clippers team without one of the league's superstars

LakersnationRules likes this.
  13. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

no?

lue got lucky against dallas and was outcoached in that series with far greater talent.
    he got lucky against utah because conley never played (that guy wasn't conley) and mitchell was one-legged for most of it.

he would have lost to last year's nuggets, too, because last year's nuggets would have beaten dallas and utah and this year's phx.

we'll see if he outfoxes monty williams, whom i'd peg as a better coach, tbh. then again, he was weirdly not ready for smallball, despite seeing it all series against utah, so who knows? of course, injury is what forced the genius strategy switch by lue this time, so maybe everyone's bad at this.

i'm not sure how all the internet wiseguys make their coach vs. coach comparisons, but i don't see how lue has distinguished himself from your average coach by taking a very talented team with a huge payroll to the conference finals.

i don't know if vogel is better, but i don't see how their total career resumes are much different. lebron carried each to a title. at least vogel had a lot of success with another team, too.

i also don't think doc is any good, either, since that's the big comparison.

"those who wish to debate"--hope that's not referring to me. i was never nuts about ball (i begged us to trade down or out; it's documented here), nor scott. i liked okafor but was mostly just mad we didn't get KAT. none of the blog gods were pushing for anyone to take jamal murray or devin booker at #2 (well, there are thousands of them, so maybe someone was, but i'm sure they were dead wrong about other things that i can blast them for in hindsight), btw. point is: we can play this game all day.

edit: this lue worship in the press reminds me of brad stevens, who was the best thing since sliced bread less than two years ago.

14. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

lue has proven he can win without lebron, but the clippers success in the playoffs is due far more to their role guys stepping up whenever they've needed to

jackson is playing out of his mind right now, and it seems like on any given night, one or more of kennard, morris, or mann has a huge game

TIME likes this.
  15. LakersnationRules

16. Slick2021

In place of who? Seriously, I wouldn't see any reason to play them over the guys they have playing now.

17. LakersnationRules

36FEEF43-4174-4ED1-86A9-24247F1307AE.jpeg Suns are broken ... clippers crushed their souls last nite ...

18. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

kuzma wouldn't play much because their three best and highest paid players play the 3/4 for them. he probably would have beaten out batum for minutes, ironically. everyone acts like kuz is complete garbage. he was bad in the playoffs, like pretty much every single guy on our roster.

i wonder if matthews had gone there if mann would have even gotten a chance to play. i felt like mckinnie didn't get a real shot with us because we just had too many established vets ahead of him.

gasol is better than zubac. being 1.5 steps slow isn't any better than being 2 steps too slow.

kcp would have beaten out all their sgs (mann, beverley, kennard).

drummond beats out no one.

kieff loses to his brother, though he'd probably have given them spot minutes at center last series.

so i agree with half of these calls. kuz, kcp, and gasol all would have played. maybe not on wes, no on drummond and kieff.

bigger issue was reggie jackson played like the best version of dennis schroder and dennis schroder played like the worst version of reggie jackson.

edit: i think folks are focusing way too much on what's happened very recently, too. the clips role players stepped up huge while ours wilted in this year's playoffs. we had guys step up last year while reggie jackson was doing bupkus:

upload_2021-6-29_15-24-57.png

just some perspective. top half is reggie jackson last year, bottom half this year.

Barnstable likes this.
  19. Slick2021

Any coach that can lead a team back from 3-1 down and win a Championship is a pretty good coach period. All the players said that Lue pushed all the right buttons in that series. Brad, Doc, Monty...meh..I don't think any of them would have accepted the Lakers picking their coaching staffs either. We still got a ring, that's all that matters to me.

abeer3 and 432J like this.
  20. LTLakerFan

I just don't agree with you and don't care to get into a back and forth. Leave it at that. Like I said, maybe your guy Lue would see things differently if he had access to them during different parts of various games?