Lakers Vs Rockets: 2nd Round Discussion

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by karacha, Sep 2, 2020.

1. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    I know LeBron uses his off arm some to push off and get separation, but if the refs let LeBron push off like they let Harden push off...

Toneloc, Pioneer10, Weezy and 3 others like this.
  2. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

They haven't lost a single one this season with that kind of 3-pt shooting with that %. This was their first loss.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
    TIME and abeer3 like this.
  3. CarolinaLakerFan

CarolinaLakerFan - Lakers 6th Man -

We’re gonna need 3 other guys besides AD and Lebron to score double figures in each game. Any combination will do.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
  4. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

you obviously cant counter Hou with more sz w/o decent shooting so Hou is always going to make you play their gm especially with Tucker abilities to handle players much bigger than himself

5. Wino

Wino - Lakers Starter -

Retired
    before I finished reading your comment, I was already thinking Harden is the master at push offs, it is sooooo frigging obvious that I am more than surprised he is rarely called for it.

TIME likes this.
  6. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

dudes would be in the third row.

i'm continually at a loss for why harden gets officiated differently than any player in nba history. what if mj or kobe got to do that stuff?

karacha, Weezy, lakerjones and 2 others like this.
  7. KuzmoBall17

KuzmoBall17 - Lakers Starter -

8. Wino

Wino - Lakers Starter -

Retired
    Even if Kobe was allowed, he would never have done it. One thing I liked about Kobe is that he played the game, the way it is supposed to be played, never relied on breaking the rules surreptitiously, didn't flop. He created space by using momentum and pushing at the seams, the way the rules allow. Lebron is similar but because of his bulk, he can kind of go into Shaq territory and that can get him into trouble occasionally just like it did Shaq.

While I think Harden is immensely talented, I think he cheapens the game by using the unfair advantage the refs give him. To me, it makes me think that he knows he can't be as good without resorting to flopping and pushing etc, etc.

CarolinaLakerFan, abeer3 and Cookie like this.
  9. Wino

Wino - Lakers Starter -

Retired
    Bayless is a tool, can't stand a word he says. His brother is a chef and he is awesome. It is amazing to me that none of his brother rubs off on him. If I was his brother I would be embarrassed by Skip.

I went and looked this up in a google search and sure enough, they don't get along and rarely have. They see each other only on rare occasion.

10. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

It's a "fascinating" series, I'm paraphrasing LFR, but that's a perfect way to put it.

I'm of the opinion that this is going to be a long series; it might go 7 games, and I predicted 6 at the start of it.

Houston is a good team, man. This is "one" of those games where I expected them to shoot (a lot of those shots were open in the 3rd) at a very good to great percentage while taking an absurd amount of attempts.

But I'm glad we took got the W tonight.

I been reading a lot of Cranjis lately, and he believes we need to go 'big' to win the series. Now, I don't believe we've completely abandoned that? As a matter of fact if you take away this quote from Frank, you see the process of why he continued to stay small:

So, I don't think he completely abandoned that plan, and I know you're not suggesting he did; but I think what he's going is going with what's working for that specific game; Morris had it going, and Frank called an "audible" (his word), and opted to stay with Morris instead of Dwight.

You're right, though; if we stay small for any extended period of time, it does get dangerous.

This series is a chess match...

abeer3, Weezy, Barnstable and 2 others like this.
  11. Barnstable

Barnstable Supreme Fuzzler of Lakersball.com Staff Member

On a slightly different note, I want the Lakers to make those Mamaba outfits part of the regular rotation of uniforms.

12. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Yep definitely. Kobe legacy uniforms .... great honor.

TIME likes this.
  13. D-Fish Man

D-Fish Man - Lakers 6th Man -

I still think it's Lakers in 6. But last night was a great example of why I’ve never wanted to play this team and am not happy we’re playing them now. Even when you win, it’s only after white-knuckling it through four quarters of limitless 3s.

Cookie, Weezy, TIME and 1 other person like this.
  14. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers All Star -

Houston hit 22 three's and still lost. Lakers won by 8. That should tell you more than anything.

15. Pioneer10

Pioneer10 - Lakers All Star -

Lakers have to prepare if they reduce Westbrook's minutes.
    When they played Harden with 4 shooters (RoCo, Gordon, House, and Tucker), the Lakers defense had all sorts of trouble getting to the shooters at the corners.

The hard doubles don't work nearly as well when every one of the other guys can shoot: may have to consider making sure Kuzma or Lebron on Harden as they have the best chance to stay in front of him and contest the step back (or do you put AD on him?)

16. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

we kept up with their 3s, it didn't say anything.....what chances la continues shooting Ike that from 3s vs Hou?

17. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

^

If they keep packing the paint and giving our guys like Kuz, Morris, KCP, Green, Bron all those open shots... pretty good. Someone will get hot. It was Morris this time, and Green was above average, but it could realistically be Kuz or KCP going 3/4 from 3-pt line. If they start defending the 3, then Bron and AD finally have enough space to operate and get to the basket. Which is a score or a foul every single time. Since the Rockets know that, my guess is that they will continue to give us open shots.

18. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

harden's pretty cocky, too, based on what i read. you'd think this was the first game they ever lost. and that they weren't a 5th place team.

yeah, we're uniquely suited to have problems with them. they got lucky as hell getting the two worst three-point shooting opponents in rounds 1 and 2. they're screwed if you make open shots. they count on it not happening. we play into that with our terrible perimeter shooting.

Cookie likes this.
  19. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

we're not defending them well at 3pt line, felt like 4th qtr hou just missed open looks, i don't expect our team to continue shooting that well from 3s, we need to stop giving hou wide open looks

LTLakerFan likes this.
  20. wcsoldier81

wcsoldier81 - Lakers All Star -

LTLakerFan likes this.