Lakers Vs Nuggets: Western Conference Finals Discussion

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by karacha, Sep 15, 2020.

1. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers All Star -

When AD is swatting everything Jokic shoots with his 2 inch vertical, you'll see Jokic shrivel and get frustrated. Denver is toast.

2. RasAlgethi

RasAlgethi Moderator Staff Member

3. AussieLaker87

AussieLaker87 - Rookie -

Mad love and respect to the Nuggets. I obviously won't be saying this if they beat us, but I really like and respect them. These young guns took down a team that we had a lot of anxiety about (I personally think we would have beaten the Flippers but still was nervous). They were absolutely fearless when many other teams would have given up or assumed defeat.

Mike Malone is right for pointing out that this is a team that was second seed last year (only behind the Warriors), and were thereabouts this year, so it's hardly a team on a wild playoffs run from a low seed. I am not pointing this out not to glorify them or anything, but let's not take these guys as anything but another tough Western Conference match up.

Right now, I couldn't care less about the Heat and Boston series (besides enjoying it as a basketball fan) because we have to deal with the Nuggets before we even contemplate the Finals.

4. AussieLaker87

AussieLaker87 - Rookie -

One thing that stands out for me about the Nuggets: they did not repeat the errors the Mavericks made. The Mavericks were outplaying the Flippers, but that is when the Clippers veterans increased the sledging, heavy fouls, noise from the bench and physical attention on Luka. The Clippers became throwbacks to the Bad Boy Pistons to survive that series, and although they would have loved to bully the Nuggets as well, the Nuggets were having none of it.

5. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

well...the mavs also lost their second-best player early in the series.

JD, TIME, Wino and 9 others like this.
  6. AussieLaker87

AussieLaker87 - Rookie -

Denver is fearless and will have the mindset "there's no pressure on us". But I just have this feeling that some veteran LebRONDO experience will ensure this series is always played on our terms, and at our speed.

7. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

controlling tempo is important, as is trying to put pressure on their wings to make decisions on offense. we'll see if the team is up to it, but on paper, the lakers should win this.

but the clippers should have, too.

8. AussieLaker87

AussieLaker87 - Rookie -

Mike Malone is one of the best basketball minds in the game who totally destroyed the predictable and unimaginative Doc Rivers. We can and should be able to control these games with LeBronDo, but Mike Malone will have multiple plans and adjustments for us throughout this series.

abeer3 and JohnnyComeLately2k6 like this.
  9. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers All Star -

They do have something to lose. A chance at getting to the finals. Lousy cliche that has never made sense.

JohnnyComeLately2k6 likes this.
  10. raviator

raviator - Rookie -

Just the fact that they straight up sent the Clips home they are alright in my book. Cocky attitude and all. With that said, we on a mission. It’s been 6 long hard years for us fans watching for the sidelines watching our team get ran off the floor night in and night out. This here is what we’re used too, playing deep into the playoffs smelling that championship. I’m sure LBJ and AD in no way shape or form are going to underestimate these guys. Hell, they’ve been spotting teams 1 game the last couple of rounds before finishing them off. Honestly I don’t think they can afford to do that in this round. The difference was before our opponents literally were playing games every other day and on into the next round with the Lakers while our guys were resting waiting for them to finish their series. This in part helped wear them down and in time allowing our guys to break their will. This time both teams get a few days off, Lakers more than the Nuggets which may or may not be a good thing. So while I do think we are better with the best dual in the NBA no question, these Nuggets have proven they will not quit no matter the situation.

Lakers in 5

11. wcsoldier81

wcsoldier81 - Lakers All Star -

^^^^ We are definetely losing Game 1 ... The notorious feel out game .( plus our centers will be out of rythm )

Lakers in 6

abeer3 and Barnstable like this.
  12. Lakerswayne

Lakerswayne - Rookie -

Clippers had more talent than Denver but Denver had the better chemistry and cohesion. What sets the lakers apart is they got both. Honestly there is no team left that should beat this team including the nuggets they’ll play us tough tho and have been together a very long time. It’s strange cuz sometimes I think that chemistry and cohesion and familarity or time together or whatever might matter a little more in the bubble cuz your stuck with your teammates everyday for a long time so if it’s bad it gets worse and if it’s good it’s fun and you get close etc etc and it pushes your team toward Success. I mean look at what teams are left and on the other hand some of these clippers guys looked like they wanted to to go home. So Denver is like a team team that’s been together and knows exactly what they want to do on the floor but the lakers do too even though we got quite a few new guys it just feels different then a team like the clippers and lakers got more talent and more experienced vets and all that straight up this championship is ours for the taking and yes pg this is championship or bust

13. AussieLaker87

AussieLaker87 - Rookie -

I do feel like laughing when ESPN and Fox blame poor chemistry for the Clippers losing. The Clippers to me looked more like the Warriors last year... a team that had won consecutive titles and were now starting to fracture on and off the court. I guess that the Clippers parading around like champions all year quickly turned into a post dynasty like fatigue. The funny thing is, they never even won a damn thing so they had some nerve thinking they were some kind of dynasty lmao.

JD, LakerFanIam, Cookie and 3 others like this.
  14. CarolinaLakerFan

CarolinaLakerFan - Lakers 6th Man -

Porter off the bench worries me a bit. Kid is a athletic baller. Kuz will have to match his intensity.

15. Lakerswayne

Lakerswayne - Rookie -

Ya I agree that the clippers acted like a dynasty and hadn’t won Jack then looked fatigued lol they got tired of their own sh*t talking it’s nice to see them gone just because of the attitude they brought it seemed like there was no leadership on that team and just a lot of empty Sh*t talking team with no substance what an epic failure by them no matter how they try to downplay it to save face an utter collapse And ya I do think that chemistry can be a buzzword the media uses to just explain things away lazy analysis but I’m just thinking about the environment in the bubble and also looking at the teams left and wonder if it might matter more than usual because like I said regardless of their collection of talent Denver was a better team so wow great job Denver wonderful story I actually live out here in Denver nowadays but it’s time for them to lose now the lakers are NOT the clippers and won’t fold like that

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
  16. Wino

Wino - Lakers Starter -

Retired
    Not to mention, we got 12 extra fouls to throw at him. He has to take on McGee, Howard AND Davis at times. That is a load, he is going to be gassed by the end. At least he should be if those guys do their jobs.

17. Wino

Wino - Lakers Starter -

Retired
    Maybe, he does not have our versatility and they do not exactly overmatch us at THEIR key positions. I like our chances.

18. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    Crazy thing. Neither team wants to win game one.

19. Toklat

Toklat - Lakers 6th Man -

The series really is this simple. If we are on our game we win it. If we are not on our game we win it with a bit more trouble. Denver is good. Lebron however, is playing at a level only a handful of players have ever reached. In my mind Lebron took back the title of best player and widened the gap. No homer thinking here bc I have never been a Lebron fan. A guy that big, fast, strong, talented with high bball IQ does what he wants.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  20. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -