Lakers Vs Nuggets: Western Conference Finals Discussion

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by karacha, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Pioneer10

Pioneer10 - Lakers All Star -

I think the Nuggets are better then both Heat and C Bags.

Nuggets have just as much playmaking and solid roleplayers as those two teams yet the Nuggets come out at you better size/skill with Millsap and Jokic. Bam is like the only really big you have to worry about on either of these ecf teams

Maybe their defenses are a touch better but I don't think without the quality bigs that AD is going to be as bothered

2. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers All Star -

Agree. The Heat are Denver minus Jokic.

3. timothy

timothy - Rookie -

I personally disagree. The heat have a 2 way star in Butler, duncan robinson who is an elite elite sharpshooter, dragic who is an above average guard and gets 15-20 ppg. this is not even counting adebayo who is such a versatile big and fills the stat sheet, herro obviously, iggy and crowder for above average wing defenders.

I personally think they are stacked and they play much better defense than we do, individually, and all around. better shooters. Spoelstra has been there before and knows lbj in and out... I surely hope I am wrong if we make it to the next round and it’s them.

4. OX1947

Lakers in 5.

5. AussieLaker87

AussieLaker87 - Rookie -

Not disrespecting their game, but I find this Heat team to be arrogant. Not on the Flippers level, but they walk around with a ego/swagger as if they've won something or will win something.

6. OX1947

Looking like they were looking ahead too. About to lose Game 5.

7. AussieLaker87

AussieLaker87 - Rookie -

I have this feeling of Miami and Lakers in 6. I want to be wrong... I want the Lakers in 5, and I don't care the winners of the East as long as it is a brutal 7 game

IE Lakers likes this.
  8. OX1947

I want the C Bags. Bad.

IE Lakers, Toneloc and AussieLaker87 like this.
  9. Punk-101

Punk-101 - Lakers Starter -

10. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    I think this may be the best version of Lebron we ever see in the playoffs as a Laker. He’s an incredible mix of experience, knowledge, feel, and athletic ability.

His leadership and his ability to see the game unfold is probably at an all-time high and compensates for slightly declining athleticism. There are no game situations that will surprise him.

over the next couple of years I think he will fall into that 18 to 22 point a game range with the occasional burst up to 30, but still displaying his overall mastery of the game. He will continue to flirt with triple doubles.

If he can maintain that level for a couple more years, we have a chance to have a mini Dynasty if we can get reinforcements around him and AD. Him not being at his best and us still winning is huge.

no team should be relying on their star in his 17th season to do the bulk of the heavy lifting every single game. It’s just not sustainable.

11. Wino

Wino - Lakers Starter -

Retired

Even Jabbar could not be the main guy into his 40's. He was dang close to it though. Certainly had games where he was the best guy on the court.

I think Lebron can go that long if he wants to. Dude is built like a tank and takes extremely good care of his body according to everything I hear.

I would love to see him stick around and win a few rings, If we can sign a third star who could take over the team along with Davis and use Lebron as the steadying influence who can do all the little things right and play really smart team ball. Like you say, 20/10/10 are very possible numbers for him in the very twilight of his career. If he was doing that as our 3rd option, I would love it.

12. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

I think he can continue carrying the bulk of the load for another couple years, but I don’t think he should, it’s a recipe for an injury that could keep him out a long time which he’s never really had (unless you count last season). He’s played from the mid 70’s to 80-82 games in 13 of his 17 season, 60+ games in 3 seasons, and 55 last season when he had the injured groin. Asking him to run all the plays every night and him expecting him to be the same player he has been every night IMO is very much risking an injury that keeps him out a long file that he’s well overdue for. Obviously I hope that doesn’t happen and he’s the best a player has ever been in his 18th and 19th season and proves to be not human, but I’m not counting on it, we probably need to add a decent playmaking PG any way we can.

IE Lakers, Toneloc and abeer3 like this.
  13. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

we need to add someone younger to carry some offensive load, for sure. we'll have cash to do it in two years, or we can trade as soon as next year.

IE Lakers, lakerjones and Toneloc like this.
  14. CarolinaLakerFan

CarolinaLakerFan - Lakers 6th Man -

Agree with this 100%. If we can add a 3rd star he can play at a moderately high level for 3-4 more years easily.

abeer3 likes this.
  15. KobeJeterKaep

KobeJeterKaep - Rookie -

I would like to keep THT (a smaller, wing-version of Draymond), and Kuz.

Kuz playing and practicing against Bron and Ad, he should get better and more confident. His improvement on defense alone this year was beyond our expectations - Porter Jr in his head aside.

Kuz’s floor is still Ariza, and a ceiling of Siakam, Middleton, etc. His is between the ears. Skills are there. And Bron and AD need a 3-D guy with Kuz’s length and athleticism.

IE Lakers and abeer3 like this.
  16. wcsoldier81

wcsoldier81 - Lakers All Star -

Let's see what we can get for Green expiring+ Kuz

17. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

i'm sure they'll look at it. but you could also extend kuz at a reasonable number and still have a lot to spend in two years, plus the option of moving him if a really big fish became available.

18. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

If only we had someone in the GM position that had some experience and knew what he was doing. ;)

[​IMG]

19. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

Yep. I think we will shop Kuz hard this offseason with Green's expiring, maybe even a pick and Caruso thrown in. If we get nothing, we then go hard after Giannis (where we won't succeed). If the roster doesn't change whatsoever and we run the same team back next season, we will still be a title contender. It's the season after I worry about, but we will then have the funds to add a bigtime free agent.

Wino and abeer3 like this.
  20. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

i dont see Siakam or Middletown in any scenario...if he ignores the little things to help win n just focus on scoring hes a taller Lou Wills, if he is balanced he'll peak out at Ariza peak