Lakers Jump 7 Spots To Grab 4th Overall Pick!

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by OX1947, May 14, 2019.

1. Helljumper

Helljumper - Lakers All Star -

Student
    Sorry to be a smartass, but the way it works is that the lottery determines the top 4. So our only options were to move into the top 4, stay at 11, or fall back a few spots if 12-14 happened to jump into the top 4. It wouldn’t have been possible to only move up a spot or two.

abeer3, TIME, lakerjones and 2 others like this.
  2. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

Good for us, good for NO. Let’s trade!

3. wcsoldier81

wcsoldier81 - Lakers All Star -

4. FredWeb

FredWeb - Rookie -

AGREED!

5. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

People on the internet still think, that C Bags can offer a better deal. WTF is wrong with the world? Lakers hate runs deep... (i hate us too at the moment LOL).
    The moment Kyrie says "i want out" BOS is screwed. Go go Uncle Drew!

6. Lakerschamp

Lakerschamp - Rookie -

NOLA will probably trade AD to us but we still need to give them a huge return because this is our only chance imo. This could be a win win and both teams can put the drama in the past. We need to be aggressive because the difference between the 3rd and 4th pick is significant. RJ Barrett will go to NYK and he has freakish potential. NOLA could trade AD for the 3rd pick, Mitchell Robinson, Dennis Smith Jr, Kevin Knox and a future first as well. Don’t underestimate this possibility. We have to give an offer they can’t refuse.

Ingram, Ball, Hart the 2019 4th pick, and 2021 unprotected 1st and 2nd round pick.

We will likely get AD if we offer this package. If we add AD we could still get KD. That would be terrifying for the league. Let Lebron play point and this team will be deadly.

Keep in mind. NOLA just got a superstar who could wind up being a top 5 player. We do this deal they’ll be pretty killer as well. PG Lonzo SG Holiday SF Ingram PF Zion and C Okafor. Jahlil Okafor had a turnaround season and looks like he could be a starter for them. They’ll probably attract a decent FA after all this good luck.

Win win is what we need. Any thoughts?

7. Kou

Kou - Lakers 6th Man -

Not really enamoured with the fourth pick, it’s great that we have a few more options and you don’t know who will be available draft night (except Zion).

Just seems like outside of the top 3 it’s a crapshoot, a bit like a lot of our high selections there’s no consensus pick outside of the top 3.

KB24 and LTLakerFan like this.
  8. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

2,2,2,4,7... and we still suck. That's why a trade for AD needs to happen!

9. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

The draft is always a crapshoot, even Zion is not a guarantee, he could be too heavy at his size and his body doesn’t hold up. But I will take the 4th pick over the 11th or 12th every single time. We have a much bigger asset now. I think the 4th pick opens the door for you to get into trade discussions for AD, or Beal, where the 11th-15th where we could have been is essentially worthless for our current needs, mid first rounders are incredibly boring. Now we can possibly make a big trade, or if not, there are definitely very good players to be had at 4.

10. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

yeah, that's why i used that example. i'm pretty high on garland from what i've seen and read. i actually fear that draft workouts will push him ahead of barrett and morant, too. those guys aren't great shooters in a league that really punishes that.

11. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    did Garland get tendinitis?

12. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

RJ Barrett isn't that much better than Darius Garland or some of the others. If we're being honest, one year of college basketball isn't enough to make an educated guess as to who is better between the 3rd and 4th pick. The difference between Ingram and Kuzma and whatever the Knicks can throw at them in addition to the third pick is massive. I would argue that Ingram is likely better than the third or fourth pick on his own. Picks are sexy because of the unknown, but Ingram is scoring 18ppg on 50% shooting with the ability to effectively guard 4 positions.

LTLakerFan, abeer3, Cookie and 2 others like this.
  13. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

they still think tatum is the second coming of mj

LTLakerFan likes this.
  14. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

I hope we don’t fixate on the Hornets. I want AD too but I’d like to see the front office get creative and really go after a variety of targets.

Last edited: May 15, 2019
    Lakeshow85, abeer3 and Khmrp like this.
  15. johnnyboy

johnnyboy - Lakers 6th Man -

Im Satoshi Nakamoto
    My guess is Jeanie and Pelinka wanna save face and don't want to wait and see with another young guy.
    I think they trade the player to get in impact guy now, or in a bigger package for AD. I personally think
    they should keep the pic. Low cost talent.

Lakeshow85 and ZenMaster like this.
  16. tada

tada - Lakers All Star -

I agree, we get caught up in the moment but a 4th year Ingram is leaps and bounds better than any of these kids not named Zion. He's a proven commodity, an above average NBA starter on both ends of the floor, with still tons of room to grow at 21. Griffin knows this too.

17. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

If we keep the pick, we would essentially be telling Lebron we are building for a window after he's gone. Ideally there would be a nice 7 footer worthy of being selected in that range, but our problem is we are too young to complement Lebron. Keeping the pick makes us younger. There seems to be a lot of smoke building around Kawhi coming here. Lebron plus Kawhi might be enough if Ingram and Lonzo make big strides, but we probably need more.

LTLakerFan and Khmrp like this.
  18. Lakeshow85

Lakeshow85 - Rookie -

Fixed it for ya! :rock:

It’s our fault we suck. We have lost 2 of the 5, we probably won’t keep #4 and we’ll probably end up trading Zo and Ingram. We are a joke of an organization. We definitely didn’t trust the process.
    :Magic Shaking Head No:

I know I am in the minority, probably, but I am still proZo and we need to keep him at all costs. Zo is the future, more than any other prospect on this team and there’s not much anyone can say to change my mind.

KareemtheGreat33 likes this.
  19. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    you do you, baby. we love all our young ones but we are allowed to have favorites

Lakeshow85 likes this.
  20. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

yes keep the guy who played less than 100 gms in 2 seasons n shot a league best or should i say worse 45% from ft line :Lonzoreally:

Lakeshow85 likes this.