Lakers And Cavs Discussing Trade For Jordan Hill?

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by LALakersFan4Life, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Yet another player I have literally have never heard of. Man I really gotta study up on NBA rosters. It's like all these veteran end of bench guys all retired or went overseas or D-League and this whole new group came in.

2. CaCHooKa Man

CaCHooKa Man Administrator: Media Staff Member

they have the same initials so he's got that going for him

Barnstable likes this.
  3. wcsoldier81

wcsoldier81 - Lakers All Star -

Harris and Black got/went drafted and undrafted in 2014 ... nothing weird about never hearding of these bench warmers .

4. FreeThePeople

FreeThePeople - Rookie -

I don't want another undrafted rookie. Can we get an established veteran? We need some of those.

5. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

Do we need it for next year? Obviously, if you have a chance to get a better first round pick, then do it; however, if another team offered the same the same type of deal for Jordan, I'd jump on it. We're in asset accumulation mode; if Mitch could get his hands on another first rounder, great...it will more than likely be flipped for a player of more immediate impact.

It's the main reason I want Love...I like Randle, and despite them playing the same position, it gives us another asset in Love and either Love or Randle could be moved to fetch another position in the future...Point is, we have to accumulate assets and getting a first rounder even 'highly protected' still helps immensely.

6. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

There has to be something else to this. I'll say this: I like Hill, but I think Ed is our guy for the future, we got another young big in Tarik now. Tarik might be raw, but we have nothing to lose right now anyway. The pick is alright, we'll need picks for sure, but we have to get another player in this trade. And if we're going to get assets, the only way is to trade Hill. We have no one else to trade. Except Swag, and that would be the worst move one can make. Therefore, it is Hill who will have to go if we're going to do a trade.

7. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

Nailed it. Ed is our guy for the future. As I heard somebody else say yesterday, 'Mitch is working the bargain to keep cap flexibility while acquiring pieces.' If Tariq works out, then you have both 2 'servicable' bigs in Sacre and Black for dirt cheap on your roster and very small cap holds in 2016. Kelly's salary is very cost friendly, too.

8. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

Precisely. Our role/bench players are solid. We need a new star, we need Randle and one or two successful picks. And an actual gameplan, but that's another story completely. We have to see which young players are worth keeping and we have to keep them on a budget. That's what Mitch is thinking right now. And he's right.

9. FreeThePeople

FreeThePeople - Rookie -

I agree that we're in asset-acquiring mode. Personally, Hill is a much larger asset than a 1st round pick 3 years out from now + an undrafted rookie. We either need a definite 1st round pick this year or an established player.

10. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

no way they should do this if the cavs aren't willing to include waiters in the deal

harris would just be yet another bench caliber player on the roster

11. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

I don't think you'll get Waiters AND a pick and between the two I think I'd rather get the pick.

Battle Tested20 likes this.
  12. Chillbongo

Chillbongo - Lakers 6th Man -

Yeah the Cavs came to mind first because of what happened to Varejao.

I think it's safe to say we'll make some kind of move before the deadline. Not necesarily one that makes us better now. It looks like the FO is realizing the value of assets, especially picks.

13. The Showtime Mamba

The Showtime Mamba - Lakers 6th Man -

I think we push to get both while their is panic in the Cav's camp. Especially with the uncertainty on the 1st pick. Waiters is a gamble we should go for, rather than just sitting Harris on our bench for a year. If the Cav''s want to fix the glaring deficiency in their starting five (with Varejeo) we offer them the best win now legitimate chance to do so with Hill. Pay accordingly or play with the Koufos Lebron.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  14. Barnstable

Barnstable Supreme Fuzzler of Lakersball.com Staff Member

Hill is too good for just a pick

LTLakerFan and Kenzo like this.
  15. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

I love Hill, I'm sure others do too but unfortunately he's our only asset that can probably net us something good. I do think we can find a better deal than that Memphis pick and Joe Harris.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  16. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

Yeah but Waiters is still young enough to develop a decent career. Even if he's no star, Waiters has some pretty good talent. I think it's asking a lot of Hill to get both a pick AND a guy with high-upside. A project maybe, but not a Waiters AND a pick.

17. The Showtime Mamba

The Showtime Mamba - Lakers 6th Man -

I think the pressure is on their organisation with Lebron's player option. I am not saying Hill even is that much of a difference maker for them. But the Cavs make this deal happen if they can't get anyone better. I hope Hill plays the games of his life in the next few games, and doesn't destroy his trade value with shuffle footed jumpers.

Come on Mitch, you can do it. 1st round pick and Waiters. I think his chemistry issues in Cleveland balance out the upside therealdeal talked about when the Cavs are win now.

LTLakerFan and Chillbongo like this.
  18. unpossibl1

unpossibl1 - Rookie -

I can't see Hill bringing anything more than a late 1st, if that. Teams just aren't trading 1st rounders like they used to. In order to trade for him teams have to pick up the 2nd year of his deal (otherwise Hill would veto any deal that turns him into a bench player) and I think that a lot of teams probably won't think he's worth $9 million a year, especially if it costs them a 1st. So the market for him could be limited. You never know, find the right team and maybe someone bites, but remember the C Bags will be selling Brandan Wright (and they seem to be more set on tanking than the Lakers are), Knicks selling Dalembert, Wolves and Pekovic, etc. There are more sellers than buyers, and the buyers just need to wait to find a team that will take a 2nd rounder just to dump the player and tank (like Philly did last year with Turner).

19. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
    Can't stand Waiters, NO THANK YOU

20. The Rock

The Rock - Lakers Starter -

Jordan Hill is gonna be heavily sought after. Hope we can make a smart trade and get some picks and young talent out of it.