Laker Podcasts & LFR Videos

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by Weezy, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Locked on NBA Lakers/Pelicans crossover show:

“In a special Lakers-Pelicans crossover episode, Anthony Irwin is joined by Jake Madison to discuss both sides of the Anthony Davis trade. How did the trade take shape? What are the details of the deal? What comes next? All that and plenty more.”

Locked on Lakers 6/18 Mailbag:

“I opened the mailbag one more time this week to see what you wanted to talk about and you responded resoundingly. You're interested in what comes next. So I start by talking about value in the Anthony Davis trade, then discuss free agency beyond his acquisition and finish by answering a few other fun questions.”

Locked on Lakers 6/19: Eric Pincus on Anthony Davis trade, Lakers free agency options

“I start the show with a quick update on the latest reports surrounding Kawhi Leonard and where he might want to play. From there, I threw to the conversation I had with Eric Pincus (Bleacher Report) on all things Lakers. We talk Anthony Davis, the execution date, and Chris Paul, whom he's trying to torture me with.”

tada likes this.
  2. Weezy

Wouldn’t recommend this episode if you hate Woj or don’t want to hear the media in general defended for their sometimes shady practices, burn they do point out the difference between speculation and reporting. The laughing at the C Bags part was the best though.

Locked on Lakers: No, Adrian Wojnarowski (or any reporter that matter) is not out to get the Lakers

“The Lakers are almost always in the news, which forces fans to be news literate. But that can be hard. Harrison comes on the show today to talk about an unfortunate trend not just among Lakers fans, but everywhere. We have to stop ignoring facts, even when they paint the team we like in a bad light. We also talk more about the latest on the Davis trade and then laugh at the C Bags.”

Can’t lie, I find Sasha’s voice very annoying, but if you’re a fan of the show, well, it’s a new episode...

Silver Screen & Roll: Drink Deep From the Cup of Anthony Davis, Lakers Fans

“Draft picks, shmaft shmicks. Harrison of "Lake Show" and Sasha of "I Love Basketball" get hype for the next few years of watching Anthony Davis play basketball with Lebron James on their favorite team. Who cares about the odd first round draft pick in 2025 when the next few years will be so lit? They break down the drafting rights exchanges from the trade deal and come to the conclusion that numbers are indeed stupid and hedonism is truly the way forward. Then news breaks! Mid-recording, a Woj-bomb throws shrapnel into the air. The Lakers have made Moe Wagner, Isaac Bonga, and Jemerrio Jones available for trade to a third team in order to clear cap space for a potential max free agent. Rob Pelinka, a man on truly paper thin ice with Lakers fans, is clawing and scratching his way to a third star. It's a good time to rep the purple and gold, y'all.”

Silver Screen & Roll NBA Bloggers’ Mock Draft Recap

“Mike Prada, Ben Epstein and Ricky O’Donnell host a recap of this year’s SB Nation NBA Bloggers’ Mock Draft. In addition to going through the picks that were made and discussing fits of certain prospects on certain teams, the guys also talked with Sabreena Merchant (18:20) about the Lakers’ trade for Anthony Davis and the Clippers’ free agent aspirations. Later, they welcome Joe Mullinax (29:00) to talk about the Grizzlies trading away Mike Conley and why Ja Morant is a perfect fit for Memphis.”

3. Weezy

Silver Screen & Roll: Will the Lakers be able to get a max cap space slot after the Pelicans trade the No. 4 pick to the Hawks? Should the Lakers choose depth over another superstar and a breakdown of the Talen Horton-Tucker pick with Jacob Rude

4. Weezy

5. Weezy

6. Weezy

Locked on Lakers 6/25 Mailbag Pt. 2: How Blake Griffin might affect the Kawhi Leonard sweepstakes

“The mailbag remained incredibly full but I was able to get to all your questions. Topics included: Kawhi Leonard's free agency and how the Clippers might regret a move they recently made, more stuff about D'Angelo Russell, general free agency principles, the Anthony Davis trade and more.”

7. Weezy

Silver Screen & Roll: Should D'Angelo Russell be the Lakers "top target" in free agency?

“Alex and Alex talk about the Lakers acquistion of Anthony Davis. What the Lakers gave up for AD. They also talk about the report that D'Angelo Russell is the Lakers top target in free agency. And the latest with Kawhi Leonard.”

8. Weezy

9. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

https://player.megaphone.fm/VMP2066922068

12:00 to 15:00

"There's a current of 'all these guys hate us!' I think reporters want to be right more than anything, don't want to report something wrong....I promise you there is not some movement of reporters going 'let's get the Lakers!'" - Stein

Then explain this:

Why shouldn't Kawhi be interested in winning, winning and winning?

therealdeal, Cookie and LTLakerFan like this.
  10. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

If they wanted to be right more than anything, why would they consistently and flagrantly say the wrong things?

Cookie likes this.
  11. Alcindor

Alcindor - Lakers Starter -

"Why would Kawhi Leonard pick the Lakers after all he's proven?" - Scottie Pippen- The Jump

Gee I don't know Scottie, why did you pick a loaded Trailblazer squad after all you had proven, dips**t??

And glad Kobe and Shaq messed up that dream for you.. Laker hater much?

12. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

13. Weezy

14. Weezy

This one is extra fun to start off because Pete goes hard at Woj and some other media and their BS

15. Weezy

Don’t listen to this one if you don’t want to get your hopes up on Kawhi, Anthony and Pete are talking like Kawhi is all but signed

Locked on Lakers: 6/28 -- Lakers open up cap space... FOR KAWHI LEONARD?!

“Honestly, there is no description that does this show service. Pete and I just hit record and had some fun. Also, sorry in advance to all the Toby's out there.”

Silver Screen & Roll: In this episode, Harrison Faigen and Jas Kang breakdown the opening day of NBA free agency.

16. Heej

Heej - Rookie -

Sasha really sounds like a typical valley girl goddamm

17. Weezy

Another funny episode, I love Pete being on the show more now

18. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
    Agreed on Pete being on the show more. If its just Anthony I likely won't listen. I think a lot of his tweets are funny and he's a good follow but he can be a little obnoxious when its just him on his podcast.

Weezy likes this.
  19. Weezy

Locked on Lakers 7/3 -- Have the Lakers missed out on good signings while they wait on Kawhi Leonard?

“While we wait on news regarding Kawhi Leonard, Pete and I discussed whether the Lakers have missed out on anyone that really stung. Yes, good players have signed elsewhere, but when you consider what they signed at and what kind of value that might still be around after Leonard signs, regardless of where that might be.”

tada likes this.
  20. DarthRekal

DarthRekal - Rookie -

US Army Aviation, Apache Armament
    I hadn't seen that many tests since HS.. scurry