LABron James Discussion: Olympics MVP

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by therealdeal, Jun 8, 2017.

1. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

Skip is a famous LeBron hater.

Come to think of it have you two been seen together?...

2. wcsoldier81

wcsoldier81 - Lakers All Star -

Lebron is probably a better coach than Puke ...

3. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    I
    I'll say if the two are one and the same, Skip looks a thousand better in person than he does in the small screen... but still as salty against LBJ

sirronstuff likes this.
  4. tada

tada - Lakers All Star -

No one is arguing that Lebron is a better overall athlete than Kobe.

You've changed your argument.

I said: "Kobe had played 54,031 career minutes (season + playoffs) when his achilles popped. Lebron is at 51,077 career minutes, playing 37.8 mpg this season"

To which you answered "Might not want to hear it, but LeBron is a better athlete than Kobe."

You clearly suggested that Lebron is less prone to injury because he is a better athlete than Kobe.

And now you conveniently mention genetics. Everyone and their mother knows that genetics determine a lot of things, including the likelihood of getting injured or sick.

As I've been saying though, athleticism has nothing to do with injuries. We've witnessed incredible athletes be brittle as glass.

Don't change your argument. I'm not stupid. I notice when you replace words like genetics with athleticism. They are not the same thing.

If you meant to say genetics and not athleticism, just own up to it.

And there's no way you'd know Lebron's genetic makeup, so please don't start with that either.

Good for you if that's the way you want to win. Winning should be the goal for any sports fan.

It's just that winning certain ways is more rewarding than others.

Kobe said it best in his last game.

"I'm more proud, not of the championships, but of the down years. We didn't run. We got through all that stuff and won our Championships and we did it the right way. All I can do is thank you guys for all the years of support. Thank you all for the motivation and inspiration"

I agree with him. I want to win our way. From the ground up. Not Lebron's way.

I'm all in with the youth movement.

Lebron is all about his agenda. You think he'd wait 2-3 years for Lonzo, Kuzma and Ingram to develop? He'd demand a trade immediately for a star.

We'd be competitive but in 3 years Lebron would be declining, our roster gutted, our cap maxed out to players like Tristan Thompson and JR Smith, and we'd be back to square one.

As I said above, that's not the way I want to win.

Honestly, reading your posts it doesn't seem that way to me. You seem like a genuine fan of Lebron. To be frank, I don't have a problem with that either.....until you start comparing him to Kobe. Please don't do that.

jbiggs likes this.
  5. therealdeal

And yet you can't accept that LeBron would age differently than Kobe.
    I really haven't. I've just eviscerated yours. You started off stating that LeBron missing a dunk was an indication of wear and tear and you really want to keep this up?
    Yes I did and I pretty thoroughly proved my point. You're just too stubborn to admit it. LeBron is a bigger, stronger person than Kobe. He's shown less damage through the years than Kobe did. He's built better than Kobe. It is a testament to Kobe's greatness that he was able to reach such heights without LeBron's physical gifts. This isn't a hard concept to understand and you should be ashamed to continue this charade.
    Conveniently? It was at your request.
    I literally provided scientific evidence. I provided a scientific journal on how LeBron James (and other similar athletes) are built differently from other people. You have provided absolutely zero evidence for your argument besides minutes that aren't relevant because no two people are the same. All you have is a vendetta against my posts because of some perceived slight you've taken to heart. Again, this is a charade you should really drop.
    I have nothing to own up to! I took your request, built my argument and you've returned with the same tired nonsense and no proof. I meant every word I said: LeBron James is a superior athlete. Those athletes are superior for what reason? It's not magic, it's their genetic makeup. You asked for the evidence and I provided and I know that's hard to do, but maybe you can just take a step back and realize what you're reading instead of stubbornly opposing facts.

Do you need LeBron's blood work to admit when you're wrong?
    That's fine. I'd just point out that the Lakers didn't draft Shaq, Kareem, Wilt, or Pau Gasol. There's always so much more to it than just the draft, it's really a reductionist argument. I suppose we should turn away in FA interested in joining? No Paul George, no LeBron James, no DeMarcus Cousins, nothing right?

This is something we're going to agree to disagree on. That's fine to me. I don't have to agree with everybody, but when somebody is making a silly argument aimed towards me, I'm not going to just sit by and let that happen.
    You just argued against yourself. :D

If we don't add pieces soon, we will be the ones overpaying OUR versions of Tristan Thompson and JR Smith (Clarkson, Randle, Nance, Zubac). We will be strapped to those deals with a team that's not good enough to win a title just like Orlando, Charlotte, Detroit, and not too long ago Atlanta. It's a BAD argument to want to solely rely on the kids.

It's also a strawman to argue that LeBron would demand trading the kids. Maybe one of the kids would have to go, but the whole POINT of LeBron signing here would be that he sees young pieces that could compete. Why would he then demand to trade them all? I don't need a roster of children, I need a roster than can compete. If you want to sink with the kids who clearly aren't going to lead us to a title, that's your business. I understand the desire, it's been a rough go the last 5 years. We have a chance to fix all that this summer if we play our cards right.
    It seems that way to you because you choose to see it that way. I've made it clear from the start what my priorities are and whether you meant to or not, so have you. I'm comfortable with my stance and I'm willing to have discussions all season long on the merits of my take, but what you're doing here is not a debate. What you're doing here is a silly grudge based on nothing but your emotions.

And I'll compare LeBron to Kobe all I want. I've been doing it for years here and back on CL. I've said hundreds of time I prefer Kobe, but you continue to read whatever you want in my statements. I'm done with this. I've wasted enough of my time and energy on you.

Juronimo likes this.
  6. therealdeal

In actual LeBron news, can't you not wait until we get calls like that? :D

7. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    :Kobepuking:

And what makes you think he’ll get those calls if he joins the dark side?

He’ll probably melt down with all of the non calls

And then bow down and worship Kobe because he accomplished all he did under those circumstances

[​IMG]

Well....maybe not.

jbiggs, therealdeal and LTLakerFan like this.
  8. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

WTF???

Juronimo, alam1108, Kenzo and 2 others like this.
  9. sirronstuff

10. Juronimo

Juronimo - Lakers Starter -

plays with one's and zero's
    LeBron managed to combine hopscotch and basketball! Wtf was that and what were the refs doing?

sirronstuff likes this.
  11. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

LeBron was ejected for the first time in his career tonight. It’s starting... Even rumors of becoming a Laker make you start to lose your power.

12. sirronstuff

He was barely touched. We need to send him Kobe game film of non calls. If he gets upset about that, no way he should come to LA

alam1108 likes this.
  13. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

Finally a ref with some cajones.

Cookie and sirronstuff like this.
  14. GlickenGoshDebate Tactics

GlickenGoshDebate Tactics Guest

If you buy shock jock opiniuons as genuine...:Shh:

You think if ESPN was not protecting him people would not be salty? He acts like a child, communicates like a child and he is not very charismatic.Something you cannot really say about previous greats. Skip is a fake drama queen whose word is worth as much as a Weimar Deutschmark in their heyday but people have every reason not to worship or even be fond of him like the sports press wants us.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
    abeer3 and jbiggs like this.
  15. tada

tada - Lakers All Star -

Wrong? I made no ridiculous claims :D

You're the one claiming that Lebron has superhuman genes.

How many times do I have to repeat myself? Athleticism and durability are determined by a different strand of the DNA.

FALSE: Lebron is less prone to injury because he is a better athlete than Kobe.

Again, athleticism has no correlation to the durability of an athlete. Proof is Derrick Rose. Great athlete with poor durability.

And yes, you would need tissue from his ligaments to prove your ridiculous claims :D

I don't want Lebron. I'd welcome George.

Huh? where did I suggest relying soley on the kids? Quit making stuff up man, seriously.

I'd sign George or any FA that fits in well and helps us in the long run. I just want to keep MOST of the core intact, not all of them. We currently have Ball, Kuzma, Randle, Ingram, Nance, Clarkson, Zubac, Hart. That's 8 pieces. I'm hoping we keep 4 or 5 of these kids.

The goal is to built a sustainable dynasty like GSW or the Spurs. Not a fire sale followed by a 2-year honeymoon with Lebron.

You're naive if you really think that.

Lebron's window to win a title is 2-3 years and he'd be willing to trade our entire roster (and our coaching staff and FO too) to get that 4th ring.

I'm not sure if you're serious. You're like the only poster here defending Lebron on a regular basis.

What grudge and emotion? I'm just stating the obvious :D

OK, likewise.

16. sirronstuff

17. jbiggs

jbiggs - Rookie -

Event Operations for the San Diego Padres
    just stopping by to say I still hate LeBron (and don't want him anywhere near the PnG). hang in there sirron! I'm with ya 100%

SamsonMiodek, tada, Cookie and 4 others like this.
  18. sirronstuff

***Quickly reserves istillhatelebron.com***

:Laugh:

19. jbiggs

jbiggs - Rookie -

Event Operations for the San Diego Padres
    hahaha too good. I honestly feel like its me, you and only a few others who vehemently don't want him on the team.

idk about you, and I would never stop rooting for the lakers entirely, but I might temporarily suspend my fandom if he joined.

tada and sirronstuff like this.
  20. sirronstuff

It’s hard to watch a game while having dry heaves.

And It is definitely a test I’d rather not put my fandom through. I’d love to get back to winning basketball, but it would feel a little like selling your soul to me. He’s a great player, but he’s such a narcissistic puss, it’s hard to root for his floppy whining a** after having a star like Kobe for so long.

I hope we find a different route back to relevance

[​IMG]

SamsonMiodek, tada, Cookie and 2 others like this.