LABron James Discussion: Olympics MVP

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by therealdeal, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Casual+

Casual+ - Rookie -

Right, what I mean is in order to be successful, Lebron is now required to exert more energy on both sides of the ball. If he doesn't, it's more reflected in the outcome than previous iterations of the roster.

lakerjones and Cookie like this.
  2. The Rock

The Rock - Lakers Starter -

(L)eastern Conference had a ton of scrub teams in the 2010s. West has always been a dog eat dog competitive conference and Lebron is now realizing that.

3. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

I don't claim to know what the dude is realizing.

The only thing I know as a fan is this team has a lot of flaws as we sit and watch this season get flushed down the toilet.

And LBJ had a lot to do with that.

4. The Rock

Lebron's is shooting 31% from outside of 5 feet in the last 10 games (35/115). He' shooting 35% from 3 though but only 30% on catch and shoot 3s. He needs to dribble dribble dribble to get his shots off and get his scoring going, its not helping the team as its moving players away from their comfort zones and not involving them in the offense. Unreliable jumper rearing its ugly head at the most crucial time right now. His lack of jumper, post game, footwork, mid range and lack of variety in his scoring prowess hurting this team right now. Its either layup or 3 pointer mostly

https://www.nba.com/stats/player/2544/shooting/?Season=2021-22&SeasonType=Regular Season&LastNGames=15

Last edited: Feb 13, 2022
  5. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

LOL. Yes for these games I guess the stats are true but then your 2nd to last sentence jumps the shark. Seriously?

6. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

the only way he's hurting the team is by setting a bad example with his effort, particularly on defense. he and the other two need to set the example, not take the shots and have everyone else do the rest of the work. you can't have three james hardens. in fact, it's best to not even have one james harden. but one is the max.

lakerjones and LTLakerFan like this.
  7. Helljumper

Helljumper - Lakers All Star -

Student
    I’m going to say something bold and controversial:

I like Lebron James and I’m very glad he’s a Laker.

8. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

lol; yes. it's better than the alternative. i just feel like all year until just recently, he's been teflon when he's been a part of our problems, too.

9. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

I do too. I didn’t use to like him at all but I have grown to like him very much. I’m thrilled that he came to the Lakers when he did and that he got AD here to join him. He got us our ring to tie the C Bags. He brought us back to relevance from the dumpsters. For that I’ll always be grateful.

Unfortunately however Father Time is undefeated and he’s starting to finally show re: Lebron. Going one for ten in the fourth quarter, missing that first of three free throws to tie the game, an awful second half, it’s all starting to hit at the wrong time.

This season is just about done. Lebron’s gamble to bring in Westbrook completely failed. It’s hard to envision that we can get back to the finals again in the Lebron era. I guess we shall see.

Juronimo, ElginTheGreat and abeer3 like this.
  10. ZenMaster

ZenMaster - Lakers All Star -

I do not like LeBron James. I am not glad he is a Laker, not this season.

I do appreciate the championship, but ultimately, his name won't be spoken in the same breath as the other Lakers' greats.

LTLakerFan and sirronstuff like this.
  11. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

Lebron is an All Time great player. I appreciate what he brought to the franchise. I hope he adjusts his game some next season,or I will be looking forward to seeing him, go out on a high note back in Cleveland. That team should be pretty solid after next season.

abeer3 likes this.
  12. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

No player in league history has scored more points while wearing an NBA uniform than LeBron James. Now, only Malone and Kareem are in front of him for just regular season games, but he's #1 for regular season + playoffs. Another interesting point is that LBJ's scoring average this season is by far the most by any player in his 19th season or later.

Kobe had set the record previously by averaging 22.3 points in 2014-15.
    Bron is currently averaging 29 PPG. I mean... :eek:

13. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    if he really cared about the Lakers, he'd be playing 40+ minutes a night ala Kobe and doing treatment all night long. But he just isn't that committed.

:Brows:

FrontOfJersey22 likes this.
  14. LA Bron

LA Bron - Rookie -

It's funny how once LeBron left the east, now it's "strong". He just dusted every team in the conference for so long that there was the illusion it was weak IMO.

15. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

disagree. the east was, by all measures, weaker then than it is now. for a long period of time, one could have argued that the west often had 4 of the top 5 or 6 teams in the league every year. the inter-conference records were pretty brutal, top to bottom.

however, i don't think what lebron is realizing is that the west is tough. lebron is just 37. if lebron was 28, we'd be fighting for homecourt even with all the injuries, tbh. his statistical output is similar, but his on-court dominance isn't. and that's ok. he's 37.

Pioneer10 and Cookie like this.
  16. The Rock

I respect many people's opinions even if I disagree with it. I think it's alright and I'm glad LakersBall gives us an opportunity to have a conversation and debate at this.

I'll stick to my guns on how I feel about Lebron and how he's hurting the Lakers franchise right now

sirronstuff, ADKOBE and abeer3 like this.
  17. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

18. svtzr

svtzr - Lakers Starter -

It was weak, his biggest challenge was the PG led Pacers and the Derozan and Lowry Raptors.

Meanwhile to get out of the west you had to beat the Spurs with Duncan, Ginobili, Parker and Kawhi, the Warriors with Curry, Klay and Green, the Thunder with Russ and KD or the Clippers with CP3, Blake and Jordan. This doesn’t account for the other competitive teams like the Grizzlies, Jazz or Mavs.

It was just absolutely brutal out west for 20 years, an absolute blood bath. That’s why Lebron lost in so many finals, the quality difference was stark.

19. Punk-101

Punk-101 - Lakers Starter -

The MVP Rose bulls was a legit series win, as was the 73-9 warriors. Other than that, he’s won a fraction of playoff series against 50+ wins opponents compared to the other all time greats.

sirronstuff likes this.
  20. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

“Don’t trade for Westbrook”

Cookie and sirronstuff like this.