LABron James Discussion: Olympics MVP

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by therealdeal, Jun 8, 2017.

1. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Yeah, he'll never go for it, but we should sit him against the Jazz. We have no shot in that one and Bron is gassed. I'll be surprised if we lose by less than 15.

2. Helljumper

Helljumper - Lakers All Star -

Student

He’s not gonna do it. Somebody in the organization needs to get the balls to make him do it though.

We can not have him put this much wear and tear on his body for mid-season games against the Wizards. It’s not worth it. Yes, he’s still playing great and for all we know, maybe he ends up continuing to prove that he’s Superman and he ends up showing that he can handle this workload. But please, let’s not take the gamble.

Sit him a few games. I think it does the team some good in the long term to struggle through some games without both Lebron and AD. Let Kuz run the show, see what THT can do. Help some of the other roleplayers get some rhythm, they’ll be forced to produce out of necessity.

sirronstuff, lakerjones and Juronimo like this.
  3. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

lebron's refusal to sit out games could very well end up costing this team a title

4. wcsoldier81

wcsoldier81 - Lakers All Star -

Yeah playing every other day until the playoffs isn't good at all .

I hope he'll get a 10 days break before the postseason begins

abeer3 and lakerjones like this.
  5. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

You can’t really expect him to choose to sit when AD is out and if he’s healthy and capable of playing when AD’s playing.

6. wcsoldier81

wcsoldier81 - Lakers All Star -

He's exhausted though ... It's not like he's going to win close games for us with the bricks he's throwing from 3.

Stay at home instead of going to Utah ... and try to get 2,3 wins with Dennis coming back .

Winning games against Portland and Phoenix is more important standings wise , we're not catching Utah

lakerjones and LTLakerFan like this.
  7. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

He should sit/rest but i get what he's doing (i would do the same thing - play). Someone has to lead this bunch of scrubs.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  8. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers MVP -

Lakers are missing too many open shots. If they do not fix this, they will not win it all this year. The last 2 weeks have been a major issue in that department. Let's hope its just a mid season skid. It happens to most teams.

LTLakerFan, Juronimo and Cookie like this.
  9. The Rock

The Rock - Lakers Starter -

I cant wait for the all star break so Lebron can go recruit

10. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

Lebron should have rested and stayed home for the Utah game. What good did it do for him to fly out there and waste that energy. We still lost by 25 points and everyone knew we would. It's just ridiculous and I have to say this is shade's of the old Ego Lebron that I didn't like. He's courting disaster by playing 38 minutes a game at 36 years old and there isn't even an acceptable reason for it. We are losing the games anyway! Vogel needs to get it together and just draw the line. But the moment has probably passed anyway. Utah was the game he should have sat because we simply had no chance without AD or Schroder. If he had sat he'd be rested up for Portland and hopefully Dennis will return. But he didn't. So . . . wasted opportunity.

Him going on about the "narrative of him needing rest" is really tempting fate. When he went down with that hard fall in the first quarter in Utah I thought - well, here it is - now we are in trouble. If he does get hurt from playing all these minutes our season is done. Why does he not understand this. It's common sense that you don't play 38 minutes a game at 36 years old, 18 seasons into your career. We want you rested and healthy when it matters, at playoff time. We've seen this movie before with Kobe playing on a busted ankle 40 minutes a game and Pringles catering to his ego and not resting him. It didn't end well.

LTLakerFan and sirronstuff like this.
  11. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    he's just doing it for the attention

"see how great I am"

blah blah blah blah

Either that or he's a warrior and team player. You decide.

But like has already been stated. We've seen this movie before. Cut the minutes coach. it has to be done. Nothing matters but making it to the playoffs. Without fans, home court advantage means very little.

12. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

i wish he was playing a bit less (and sitting a game here and there), but i'm not as concerned as others. i feel like we actually lean on him a bit less when we have our full complement, so his minutes aren't as rough as they could be. but without AD and DS, yeah, he has to carry a lot on offense. which isn't good.

13. LTLakerFan

Top Poster Of Month

Tough crowd once again. Were “you not entertained” by those incredible blocks and steals along with other selected highlights?

lakerjones and Cookie like this.
  14. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

I was definitely entertained.

LTLakerFan, lakerjones and Cookie like this.
  15. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

Yeah that was spectacular. 28 points with 4 steals and 3 blocks!

JSM and LTLakerFan like this.
  16. BangBoomPow

BangBoomPow - Lakers Starter -

I'm semi-nervous about the minutes but I think it's being overstated.

1. LeBron doesn't really put much effort out there when he doesn't have the ball. It's mostly just standing around. On defense, he'll have a few good players here and there but he's mainly quarterbacking the defense and telling teammates where to switch/go.
    2. There's plenty of time for LeBron to rest particularly with how many times they review plays and take forever.
    3. Dennis Schroder is coming back so this was always something that was temporary at best. Those OT games were brutal but you can't sit him out when he's already played 35 minutes and the game is close. 2 OT's back-to-back and then another OT, I thought Frank should have rested him at least one of those games.
    4. The latest 6 game stretch had 4 home games. I think there was an interview where the toughest challenge was traveling for players because they don't get to rehab their body in-between the flight and not having the facilities available. 4/6 home games, LeBron is probably recovering like we have never seen another athlete do.
    5. Lakers don't practice so it's not like it's a 24/7 basketball lifestyle. LeBron probably just works out and then plays the game. Minimal stress to his body and he's figured out to master it...
    I was worried in the crazy OT games but LeBron's a freak athlete. If he's playing, it's likely Vogel has had a talk with him and LeBron says he's ready. We can't stress over something we have no info about.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  17. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Looked like he had much more energy, especially on D. Having Dennis back gave him a big boost. Nice to see him not have to set up everything and actually get position in the post and have someone set him up.

The blocks and the lob from KCP made me really wish we had a packed house for that one. Highlights are so mundane with empty arenas.

Cookie and LTLakerFan like this.
  18. LTLakerFan

Top Poster Of Month

Just like highlights often with TNT and ESPN / ABC crews too busy talking about some random bull bleep to even stop for a moment to acknowledge them. Emotionless. :swear:

Juronimo and gcclaker like this.
  19. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

Mostly clown shows... Jefferson and his broadcast partner did discuss how it isn't easy just tossing a left handed alley-oop.

20. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

Good interior defense...breaking passes inside leading to breaks. Nice bank shot, rare for him.

JSM, Cookie, lakerjones and 1 other person like this.