LABron James Discussion: Olympics MVP

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by therealdeal, Jun 8, 2017.

1. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers MVP -

Lebron loves himself. It's always festering. Makes him look dumb.

sirronstuff likes this.
  2. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    Seems highly insecure. Needs his damn respect? Just seems odd after having Kobe around. Very different people.

RasAlgethi and OX1947 like this.
  3. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

I agree - both great players and good people, but very different. Which is OK with me, just an observation.

sirronstuff, Barnstable and jbiggs like this.
  4. Juronimo

Juronimo - Lakers Starter -

plays with one's and zero's
    True dat.

Lebron could have said "one more than Dwade" or something like that. Regardless we've had the best players that have ever played the game win in P&G and I'm grateful for that. Nitpicking comments from Lebron who chose to be here is something I don't get and there's nothing wrong with what he said. "Laker Nation wants their respect". Damn right.

Kenzo, LTLakerFan, lakerjones and 3 others like this.
  5. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    I don't agree with this perspective in terms of what motivates LeBron. And I also don't think he is all that different than Kobe was. It is possible to to crave respect out of insecurity, but it is also possible to be very secure and a high achievement driven kind of person and crave the respect that you believe your achievements deserve. Both Kobe and LeBron were/are super high achievement people. Kobe craved his respect too. He just didn't blurt it out like LeBron does.

tada, Kenzo, LTLakerFan and 5 others like this.
  6. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Bron's thoughts on the start date

Screenshot_20201106-174630_Instagram.jpg

7. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    He needs to take his time coming back but knowing him, he won't. He'll be criticized either way lol no matter what

8. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

Again, I'm fine with Lebron expressing his dissatisfaction with coming back before X-Mas. This guy has earned the right to complain given that this is his 18th season and he has been to 10 Finals! That's one heck of a lot of EXTRA mileage even beyond the usual rigors of playing 82 games per season. The dude hasn't missed a playoff game in his career. That's freaking insane. So yeah, he can whine about starting up again earlier than he'd like.

But the bottom line is that the league needs this start. And also there are a bunch of teams who haven't played since March so that's a lot of months off for them already. Plus he got 4 months off himself before the restart so that post isn't totally honest about the offseason.

9. karacha

The league definitely needs this start, and Bron can always try to load manage early in the season. I know I would not be mad at him if he did that.

10. TIME

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    This will be doable if we manage to acquire one more solid playmaker. Rondo won't be able to shoulder the full playmaking load without breaking down his already brittle body.

alam1108, Kenzo, Cookie and 3 others like this.
  11. karacha

^
    Agreed.

Cookie likes this.
  12. sirronstuff

Kobe didn’t give a damn what you thought. He was completely secure in his insanely driven self about who he was.

One guy spoke several languages and would trash talk you in your native tongue. One can’t use proper English (Or chooses not to for cultural purposes) and sponsors a school.
    They could not be more different people.

And yes, Lebron is a highly insecure person. If I cared enough I’d give you 50 examples without breaking a sweat, but what’s the point. As Laker fans we’ll put on our Laker goggles and focus on the positive. As it should be. But it doesn’t mean it isn’t true.

Kobe playfully gave the Moniker White Mamba to a clearly inferior player and it was funny.

Lebron called a superior athlete a baby version of himself. Two very different people.

13. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers MVP -

Vogel needs to limit Lebron minutes to 29 min a game anyways. So, not too early to start now.

JohnnyComeLately2k6 likes this.
  14. TIME

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    I realize you're not a professional psychologist. You just play one here. :Kiddspilldrink:

Kobe did care what others thought about him. He not only wanted to be the best ever, but be recognized as the best.

I would agree that when LeBron was younger he showed some insecurity indicators. I just don't see it in him any more. He comes across as a very self assured man who is completely comfortable in his own skin. I'll use myself as an example. When I was in my teens to early twenties I was very insecure. I grew out of it. LeBron has too.

Pioneer10, jbiggs, Kenzo and 5 others like this.
  15. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Hey guys, we won the title this year. Also I want LeBron to have his damn respect. Here’s a fun video clip.

Pioneer10, lakerjones, TIME and 4 others like this.
  16. sirronstuff

Who have you called Time Jr lately and intended it as a compliment they were lucky to receive?

17. TIME

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    Hey, I'm not telling you to like the guy. I'm just disputing that he is motivated in his actions by insecurity.

Kenzo and Barnstable like this.
  18. karacha

I don't think he's insecure at all, at least not anymore. But he is very different than Kobe. He's an extrovert who wants to be liked, loved even. Kobe didn't care that much, especially later in his career. He just wanted to be the best, and you were either with him or against him. Basketball was primarily about winning and destroying the opponent; Bron is also about winning, but he prefers to do it with his friends while having fun. Bron is more interested in social activism. Kobe cared, but he was more of an... artistic soul if that makes sense.

But again, both were absolutely amazing and I am so happy that I was able to witness their greatness in Laker uniform. Truly.

19. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers MVP -

Kobe cared what people thought. That's why he wanted to separate from Shaq. To prove he can win without him. Tim Duncan was a guy who didn't care what people thought. Lebron has a level of maturity that never reaches it's peak. He is an emotional reactor. More effeminate whether in sports or on social issues.

In the end, we cheer for him because he is wearing a Lakers uniform. If he wasn't a Laker, not likely. It's bittersweet with Lebron for me. He does things I shake my head and say wow, and he also does other things that make me shake my head and say wow. Even his tweet today on Biden winning, he put Biden's head on his body and put Trump's head on Iguodala when he had his famous block in Game 7. Even with that he had to make it about himself.

He is a classic narcissist. A Millennial narcissist. And I know we love Kobe too, but he was a Gen X narcissist. If you needed proof, the fact that he was estranged from his family, doesn't paint a good sign, even if they made mistakes. I believe when families have a conflict, as the leader, you have to squash it. Only have one mom and dad. However, Kobe looked like he was sorta breaking out of that life now that he didn't play ball. Maybe he was healing from that. I don't know. We will never know now.

20. sirronstuff

I agree he’s not as insecure as his younger years. But in your opinion, what does him calling other sport elite athletes versions of himself indicate? Someone who is probably actually a better athlete. Followed by “we built different”

and the need to post it on social media to boot.... is it insecurity or purely narcissism? If you are so secure in yourself, how do you post such nonsense? IMHO he should be way past that stage by now.

TIME likes this.